ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
They mentioned on Triple M on friday night that hastings to Penrith is on even though he is under contract.

If I was in charge of our recruiting I would be on the phone to his manager and see what's happening.

I see he was picked as fullback in the junior kangaroos but he is a potentially great half.

Maybe Bozo has an in with his dad as he coached him.
Haven't really seen any of this Hastings as I am up in Mackay, can any one give a bit of info on him?

It would be a joke to go from two international halves to some bloke who's never played first grade....surely they have a better plan than that !

Haven't really seen any of this Hastings as I am up in Mackay, can any one give a bit of info on him?

Outstanding young player has played in the halves and fullback the roosters paid massive dollars fro him he was a dragons/Illawarra junior but with the hastings name (Kevin's son) and his dad being 1 of the Roosters greats he decided to join them.

The feeling around the place is he is a very cocky kid and has got impatient waiting and wants a shot at first grade.

With Maloney supposedly about to extend at the roosters the mail is strong that he will get a release and the Panthers are after him.

If he is after a release and it's granted we could do far worse than to check him out.

Hastings is a complete tool.

There is not one option that excites me. Maybe the nikorima bros. from Brisbane.

If we are not going to sign tools we are in trouble as many kid's that age are or come across as tools.

If the person get's to 30 like Carney I agree with you but a 19 year old I can cut a little slack.

Th
Outstanding young player has played in the halves and fullback the roosters paid massive dollars fro him he was a dragons/Illawarra junior but with the hastings name (Kevin's son) and his dad being 1 of the Roosters greats he decided to join them.

The feeling around the place is he is a very cocky kid and has got impatient waiting and wants a shot at first grade.

With Maloney supposedly about to extend at the roosters the mail is strong that he will get a release and the Panthers are after him.

If he is after a release and it's granted we could do far worse than to check him out.
thanks mavin, sounds like the goods and the word is Maloney will resign . I hear a lot of hype around him so he must be able to play, and if we can offer him a starting spot surely we are in with a chance. If the panthers are after miles as well surely they can't have much cap left, unless they unload some of there players. They have a few good young blokes coming through so wouldn't think they would want to let them go.

His old man, Kevin, had this to say when someone suggested his son go to the Tigpies:
"Not to the Tigers. Just want somebody to give him a shot. Amazing that the Roosters chased him. I tell you this much, if it wasnt for my boy playing for Easts I wouldnt be following them. This from a player who played 228 first grade games for them."

Last edited:
And this from Jackson's Mum:
"he can play 1 6 7 or 9 but I would like to see Jackson & Jack Bird 6 & 7 at any club they both come of contract together Dragons should of done this year's ago but Jack was 13 & Jacko 1 because both kids had to play all over the shop to accomodate favourites....just saying"

The way our recruitment is going we will probably extend Mason for another year and play him a half back

Sounds like we may have Cornish and Carney next year. How exciting

Well Kelly strikes again.....fark me things looking good.
Dce ....fail, Foran....fail, Tom burgess ....fail, elgey....fail, myles......fail.
So far with all due respect we have resigned 2 blokes club stalwarts in matai and Matty but it's seems like we won't spend our cap.
Halfs seems we will end up with a
Albert Kelly, Daniel Mortimer. Dare I say we may be forced to chase Norman or sandow now.
One of 2 things are happening either Kelly has nfi or toovs is not a bloke that players want to play for. That said it is imperative we keep our kids....

Could be as simple as a local boy not wanting to leave his home. It was said way back that the kid wanted to stay on the coast.

As I have said in other posts Penn to a certain extent and definitely Kelly are in way over their head. They have good intentions but don't have the experience to run the place. Kelly is apparently a good operator from all reports however we have all seen his lack of experience so far in his tenure. Hopefully he will learn from his many rookie mistakes and start kicking some goals soon.

Half the problem is blokes don't know if they will be playing for Tooves.

Hope we do not end up with any of Norman, Mortimer or Sandow. They are inconsistent overrated or have never lived up to there hype.

Not sure on Carney he has had 1 good year with each of his clubs. I think his personality can only be handled successfully for that long. Started getting a bit more consistent with Sharks but has a career win rate at 46% which doesn't excite me. Has had 5 years out of 10 in the NRL where he has missed significant time with injuries. Kelly is in the same boat.

Happy to give Myler a shot I haven't seen him play but from what I have read seems like a solid player.
Myler goes ok, huge gap in class from super league to nrl in spine players. Carney heard some whispers he headed to us but nothing even remotely concrete. Matt smith English halfback is good organiser much like ox at Wigan. Norman shows flashes of brilliance, I just shudder to think where we are headed for 2016.
I have no doubt with some condfidence we can make top 8 this season.

Could be as simple as a local boy not wanting to leave his home. It was said way back that the kid wanted to stay on the coast.

It may well be that but our recruitment team are running out of excuses.

We were told we had a plan B and that was international "class" halves I'm just not believing that they even had a plan A.

We may be lucky and find some young star but at the moment our recruiting seems to rely on luck and not good management.

I also think we can make the 8 as well. Foran is letting us down and we need him to lift and a bit more luck with injuries. Next year could be awful but look at how teams can re build. The. Sharks were spooners last year and they are much better this year. Broncs and drags are leading the comp. you can rebuild in two years these days.

If we didn't have this foran dce bull&&&& to deal with this season we could have given the comp a shake. plus we have had a lot of injuries.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11