1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by eggson, Jul 18, 2010.

1. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    Hope to not get too political here but i was just wondering, if Abbot/Liberals win, does his promise of funding Brookie still stand, or was that just for 07 meaning we need to campaign him all over again?

2. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Probably the latter.

3. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    The only reason he promised the 9mil was to minimise the swing against him knowing the libs were going to lose.

4. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,407 / 130
    Yeah its a dirty liars game that politics no matter who you support.

Politicians are all like the Storm, lying cheaters.

5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    remember when he did that, what a wanka!! He knew they were going to lose so he promises this!! I sat there thinking you are kidding!!

6. slickster71

slickster71 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    i think he will go ahead with it this time around.

I will be voting for abbett. i rather vote for him then the lying melbourne supporter in Julia Gillard who party have done nothing but lied for 3yrs and wasted money and she follows a bunch of cheats

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    It never ceases to amaze me the people who get a vote.

8. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    that figures, you're a teacher ;)

9. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    ahh Byso, I don't usually put on derogatory terms but I remember sitting there thinking "is he for real". I had mates laughing at school next day saying I hear Brookie is getting 20 million if Howrds wins and everybody cracking up.

10. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I won't be surprised when they get the money, when the libs win.

11. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    It would be great, can we remind him!!! The club or supporters should do that!! Down here in Wollongong, its either Labor or Greens, not Libs here!! A standard joke in 1990's was Mickey Mouse could run for Labor party in Gong and he would be voted in. Mickey is for the working man  ;D

12. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    If the libs win you won't see the money, probably the best thing that would be nice for brookie oval would be a big swing against abbott to make it a marginal seat. Won't happen and we won't get any cash either, he's cutting back on spending.

13. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    no matter who wins brookie wont get anything because the manly region is not a contested seat

14. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,407 / 130
    If there are any Libs supporters here who think they will win the election jump over to Betfair, you can get $4 about them, ALP is $1.32.

Other agencies are betting on the result too, with similar odds.

Last time I had $20 on Maxine McKew to topple Howard at around $4.50 when the betting first opened.

Hate politics but love the punt, makes it much more enjoyable.

A word of warning though "bet with your head, not over it".

15. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,770 / 258
    It's a bit like the Julia Gillard special at KFC

2 Small breasts
    2 Large legs
    And a Red Box

16. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    LOL Mark good one

17. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4

That's funny, cause Mickey could run for PM here in Japan and win in a landslide.

18. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    The ABC did a report a few years ago, under a premier at state level or a prime minister at federal level a particular seat gets 30% more spending then an average seat across the term, or something like that. Going of memory so don't ask me to back it up.

Makes sense, other then the motivation to spend on politically sensitive areas there is also the motivation to spend on your own neighborhood, knowing that once your days are up, that you have to live there.

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Abbott didn't spend a dime in his electorate when the Libs were in Government, what makes posters think he'll do any better next time?  The only hope we have of getting taxpayers to foot the bill for Brookie is through Mike Baird when he becomes the State's Premier. 

20. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    tbh I think the only way money will get spent on Brookie (I mean a big sum, not bits and pieces) is if the Dallas Cowboy's owner bought the team and then decided that we need a newer venue(he would be able to afford Brookie with the money that gets lost in the lounge). So I wouldn't be trusting pollies to do anything about it