• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Gronk link said:
People who think the number one issues in a federal election are a bit of cash for a footy oval and which team the various leaders follow are dribblers. 
Yeah you're right - but what better time to put pressure on a poly than election time. We just happen to have the leader of the opposition as our local member.  Tis worth flicking him an email. The squeaky cog gets the oil - don't ask you don't get etc.

:)

CussCuss link said:
Its the worst possible seat to be in.

Its in a safe liberal area
Its got the leader of the party in it, so doubly safe
He doesnt have the time or need to do anything local. he is to busy with the national campaign.
Even if he did promise some funding that doesnt mean it would happen http://www.smh.com.au/national/read-my-lying-lips-abbott-admits-you-cant-believe-everything-he-says-20100517-v9ge.html (at least he is sticking with liberal policy there, 'core promises' again)

Not a chance in hell you will see anything done for brookie, no politition will ever bother doing anything more than a few token gestures if they dont have to fight for a vote.

A quick political history:

Whitlam gains power and spends spends spends = Massive Debt
Fraser pays off the debt
Hawke & Keating spend spend spend = Massive debt
Howard pays off debt
Rudd gains power and.......you know it don't you

Can I suggest that this Forum remains A-Political. I have a masters degree in Economics and I would be happy to debate you if you wish.

GJ link said:
[quote author=CussCuss link=topic=184151.msg276721#msg276721 date=1279592835]

He doesnt have the time or need to do anything local. he is to busy with the national campaign.
Even if he did promise some funding that doesnt mean it would happen http://www.smh.com.au/national/read-my-lying-lips-abbott-admits-you-cant-believe-everything-he-says-20100517-v9ge.html (at least he is sticking with liberal policy there, 'core promises' again)

Not a chance in hell you will see anything done for brookie, no politition will ever bother doing anything more than a few token gestures if they dont have to fight for a vote.

Fraser pays off the debt
Howard pays off debt

Can I suggest that this Forum remains A-Political. I have a masters degree in Economics and I would be happy to debate you if you wish.
[/quote]

Oh well I am scared by your higher degree and better not talk to you for fear your massive brain will implode my little pea. Of course you know there is no one else on here who has ever been to university. 

BothHomo.jpg

;D

GJ link said:

Fraser pays off the debt
Howard pays off debt

[/quote]
Fraser & Howard paid the debt? LOL. Those guys were all heart. Why didn’t they get reimbursed? Oh, you mean they didn’t use their own money? Oh, and they ‘paid the debt’ by slashing real wages and social security. I bet they had uni degrees too, wow.

GJ link said:

Fraser pays off the debt
Howard pays off debt

[/quote]

Like a lot of people who sprook their high level of education you sure lack commonsense.

I mean you are trying to tell us there is not another person with a masters in economics who would disagree with your point of view.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=GJ link=topic=184151.msg276806#msg276806 date=1279614739]

Fraser pays off the debt
Howard pays off debt

[/quote]

Like a lot of people who sprook their high level of education you sure lack commonsense.

I mean you are trying to tell us there is not another person with a masters in economics who would disagree with your point of view.
[/quote]

Typical from you Bob, no, I didn't say that at all. I said I would be happy to debate the issue, but the real thrust of my post was that we shouldn't get into politics on the Forum. It will simply lead to emotional arguments that don't contribute to what this forum is about, namely rugby league and specifically the Manly Sea Eagles.

Can we please refrain from expressing political views?

Political views are fine....just keep them in the General Discussion forum where this post may well be headed.

thanks dan i was going to suggest that to you.... wtf  has this got do with us making the top 4 i wonder????????????

So Mr Masters degree in Economics, if that is your real name.

Care to tell us how Howard paid off all that debt?

GJ i would suggest that is a rather simplistic way to look at things (kind of like saying what the government does has a tangible impact upon boat people....)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=GJ link=topic=184151.msg276806#msg276806 date=1279614739]

Fraser pays off the debt
Howard pays off debt

[/quote]
Fraser & Howard paid the debt? LOL. Those guys were all heart. Why didn’t they get reimbursed? Oh, you mean they didn’t use their own money? Oh, and they ‘paid the debt’ by slashing real wages and social security. I bet they had uni degrees too, wow.

[/quote]

I thought Fraser and Howard left a ~10 billion dollar deficit, but I guess seeing as I don't have a masters in economics I wouldn't know.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4