Don't deserve finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Another disappointing Manly Season

Mediocre people will find excuses
Because they are not capable of finding solutions

Who hires people in their organisation and pays them to make excuses ?

Job add
Wanted any one that can make excuses for failure please apply
No experience or qualification necessary
The only thing you need to do is make excuses and get your full salary guaranteed

100% spot on.

I didn't watch tonight, but will say the score doesn't look TOO bad.

BUT, geez we look uninspired. Even in the two previous wins , we looked diobolical. I put that 100% down to a uncommitted, minds elsewhere, accepting any mercenary group of collective coaches I've ever seen pretending to be a Manly staff member.

We have a completely off the shelf prototype of what a 2023 forward is in the game. Makes us look slow, lethargic, lazy, fat, unfit, unmotivated. Bloody hell, even one of my favorites in Schuster looks like he's in slow motion (I constantly find myself tapping the remote to get him up to speed when he has the ball).

These performances are insipid. Unfortunately we go back to sub .500 winning percentage. If you can't win at least half your games, in my view, you're just dog*...and frankly, we are dog* - hence the lack of motivation to watch (I actually pity people who pay real actual money to watch these unskilled park footballers trying to get around).
I'd say the squad we had back in 2016-17 was probably ideal for the set of rules in place now with the 6 agains. Guys like Kelepi Tanginoa, Lewis Brown and Blake Leary would be ideal for the current game today. Strong smaller men with a big engine, quick and can tackle all day

We had 2 of our props out, and then Lodge early on and it was clear there was no go forward when we lost him. We need to sign some middle forwards for next season. Our bench was too small when you have Burbo and Matterson. Panthers next week will be very tough. We need to win 4 in a row but in most likelihood it’s planning for next season and Seibold gets a full pre season and has got his own roster so next year no one to blame but him.

At least he has shown that if someone isn’t performing he drops them unlike Des who would pick the same 17 each week. Problem we have is there is no one left in our middle forward ranks.

Another disappointing Manly Season

Mediocre people will find excuses
Because they are not capable of finding solutions

Who hires people in their organisation and pays them to make excuses ?

Job add
Wanted any one that can make excuses for failure please apply
No experience or qualification necessary
The only thing you need to do is make excuses and get your full salary guaranteed
Sounds like an ad for a politician.

If we win enough to finish in the finals we “deserve” to be there. We won’t tho.
Before tonight we were just outside the Top 8 and this side did not show the intensity or look like a team fighting for a finals showing, this is my point about not deserving it - the Effort.
Missing our middles and best player does not disguise a bunch of players looking lost and disinterested, bar the same 3 players who show up every week.

I'll support Manly regardless of where we finish, though let's all call it, Winning is what we love to see.
There are some justifiable facts with 3 front rowers and our Star fullback missing, but the blokes on the field look ordinary and a bunch of blokes thrown together who have never trained or played together, in fact the Dolphins in game 1 showed more cohesion as a unit.
Some of the defence from Tuilagi and Koula in particular was beyond pathetic.
The intensity to play the ball seems like we are waiting for the defence to have time to adjust in a training drill.....and the defensive line speed as per usual was stop and wait, but they added the icing on top by letting the Roosters simply stand and play the ball and not put the player on the ground like you learn in U'8s and apart from Oka and Jake who as per usual gave them the shoulder shots.
Some of these players don't look like they want to be there or have pride in the Manly jersey and it's getting frustrating to watch.
Maxta what's that old saying that goes something like, it's not if you win or lose its how you play the game.

This group just play the game so bad.

Like you say. We have blokes who just don't look interested in being out on that footy field.

But it's not a once off. Year after year after year. Change of coach no difference. The clubs culture and lack of leaders must be so off.

It is horrible to watch this team. Just horrible

Before tonight we were just outside the Top 8 and this side did not show the intensity or look like a team fighting for a finals showing, this is my point about not deserving it - the Effort.
Missing our middles and best player does not disguise a bunch of players looking lost and disinterested, bar the same 3 players who show up every week.
Before tonight and due to our inconsistency through out the season we never consolidated a top 8 spot

I can make many excuses for our underachieving season because I am not qualified or capable for anything else but excuses

There is a true saying
We are either capable of finding a way just like the QLD Maroon wins against all odds for example
or we find an excuse

Disagree, that side is good enough to be doing much much better. problem is the owner and his new golden coach.
That side go missing for large parts of games, they have talent but lack consistency, effort and stamina…

I am not a fanboi of Seibold but it was the same under Des and will be the same under [INSERT COACH HERE]…

Too many p*ss weak players that have 1 good game for every 4 sh*t games…

100% spot on.

I didn't watch tonight, but will say the score doesn't look TOO bad.

BUT, geez we look uninspired. Even in the two previous wins , we looked diobolical. I put that 100% down to a uncommitted, minds elsewhere, accepting any mercenary group of collective coaches I've ever seen pretending to be a Manly staff member.

We have a completely off the shelf prototype of what a 2023 forward is in the game. Makes us look slow, lethargic, lazy, fat, unfit, unmotivated. Bloody hell, even one of my favorites in Schuster looks like he's in slow motion (I constantly find myself tapping the remote to get him up to speed when he has the ball).

These performances are insipid. Unfortunately we go back to sub .500 winning percentage. If you can't win at least half your games, in my view, you're just dog*...and frankly, we are dog* - hence the lack of motivation to watch (I actually pity people who pay real actual money to watch these unskilled park footballers trying to get around).
i just cant see what's wrong mate. are we unfit? looks like it.... there is little structure to the attack ( thanks dragon boy). we were still doing that bloody tap and 2 passes into a slow forward every bloody penalty. losing at least 10 m on each play.
Defense is poor across the board. seibolds strong point apparently.

the only time we looked decent tonight was in that last 10 min where we could have had 6 tries. why not play like that for the other 70 min.

11 days ago we beat the Sharks with only 14 players for the last 30 minutes of the game after losing 2 of our props to long term injuries.

5 days ago we beat the Dragons with the same 14 players plus 3 fresh players.

Tonight we played 78 minutes of the game without the player who has been our best prop in those last 2 games.

I thought the fatigue factor was very evident.

Yes we played like a disjointed rabble with zero energy, but I can also see why.

What exactly do people think we are going to do if we make finals ?

We'd finish 8th and play Penrith at Penrith.

Doesn't that sound like fun ?

We're not good enough. We should just face facts and look to next year.
we would play the 5th placed team. not the panthers thank christ.

11 days ago we beat the Sharks with only 14 players for the last 30 minutes of the game after losing 2 of our props to long term injuries.

Tonight we played 78 minutes of the game without the player who has been our best prop in those last 2 games.

Yes we played like a disjointed rabble with zero energy, but I can also see why.
11 days ago we beat a sharks side in freefall. they couldnt beat themselves at the moment.

5 days ago we beat the dragons.... nuff said.

tonight we looked terrible for 70 min. why? not the players but the bloke in the box.

i just cant see what's wrong mate. are we unfit? looks like it.... there is little structure to the attack ( thanks dragon boy). we were still doing that bloody tap and 2 passes into a slow forward every bloody penalty. losing at least 10 m on each play.
Defense is poor across the board. seibolds strong point apparently.

the only time we looked decent tonight was in that last 10 min where we could have had 6 tries. why not play like that for the other 70 min.

It's strategy mate - it's the coaches - this is why you were spot on.

Who coaches and demands metrics around defensive line speed? The coaches
Who coaches and demands metrics around play-the-ball speeds? The coaches
Who coaches and demands a certain level / expectation around body shape / weight? The coaches
Who picks and drops players (like Fainu / Keppie & others)? The coaches

You said it when I was vehemently backing Siebold and Flannagan, and FMD, hand up, I couldn't have been more wrong.

Yeah we looked completely flat tonight however we still tried.

We actually weren’t that far away either.

I can’t comprehend at all how Tupou was not sent to the bin for tackling koula without the ball. Jake T was sent for far less than that against the bunnies in the 2019 semi which cost us the game. Then sips was sin binned for nothing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8