Dogs next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
Chip and Chase said:
We are making the breaks. Has Tafua put a support player away after making a break. He just seems to put the blinkers on and can't position a support player. He rarely passes, and when he does they aren't that good. He palyed well today, but butchered two good ops. It's frustrating.

Jorge should be finishing movements by scoring not creating them. Jorge was blitzing them till Gift came back. He hasn't scored a try since. What is that saying about our attack. We go right too much and it is dysfunctional out there. Lyon has looked like he's got 1 arm tied behind his back since Gift came back. 2V needs to make a change out there or we will just see more of the same. I hope 2V doesn't have the same blinkers on that Des had.

Gift isn't on Jorge's side of the field

I really thought DCE would shine in attack today, given the fact that he is being coached by an Immortal (has anyone seen an improvement in his attack?) and spent the week with the Qld Origin team.
I'm not in any way blaming him for the loss. His defence is fantastic and he is always backing up, but our attack is not fluent.
One thing that irks me (from all teams) is forwards standing in the backline from scrums. Can anybody tell me how that helps our attack, when the first receiver always dies with the ball. And don't tell me they are setting up for the second phase. Can you imagine them telling Cliffy Lyons he had to pack into the scrum so a lumbering forward could play five-eight?

The Who said:
I really thought DCE would shine in attack today, given the fact that he is being coached by an Immortal (has anyone seen an improvement in his attack?) and spent the week with the Qld Origin team.
I'm not in any way blaming him for the loss. His defence is fantastic and he is always backing up, but our attack is not fluent.
One thing that irks me (from all teams) is forwards standing in the backline from scrums. Can anybody tell me how that helps our attack, when the first receiver always dies with the ball. And don't tell me they are setting up for the second phase. Can you imagine them telling Cliffy Lyons he had to pack into the scrum so a lumbering forward could play five-eight?

Like Kite at first or second receiver when we are on the attack in their 20m zone. WTF is that all about.

mickqld said:
The Who said:

Like Kite at first or second receiver when we are on the attack in their 20m zone. WTF is that all about.

agree Mick ... i dont understand that at all... forwards have done their job to get us there , now move out of the way so the backs can get over the line !!!!

The team will have to be on their game against the puppies this week, but I have faith that Tooves will have all problems sorted out and the boys will give the mongrels a touch up

We are stuggling big time and the Dogs are playing us at the right time but I think we can click soon and knock them off.

Manly desperately needs some imagination in attack. Though I think he's still not ready, we may need someone like Gutherson in the team. He seems to make things happen, even though its in U20s, despite most of the rest of the team other than Trbojevic, struggling to maintain the pace.

Mal Cochrane said:
mickqld said:
Chip and Chase said:
We are making the breaks. Has Tafua put a support player away after making a break. He just seems to put the blinkers on and can't position a support player. He rarely passes, and when he does they aren't that good. He palyed well today, but butchered two good ops. It's frustrating.

Jorge should be finishing movements by scoring not creating them. Jorge was blitzing them till Gift came back. He hasn't scored a try since. What is that saying about our attack. We go right too much and it is dysfunctional out there. Lyon has looked like he's got 1 arm tied behind his back since Gift came back. 2V needs to make a change out there or we will just see more of the same. I hope 2V doesn't have the same blinkers on that Des had.

It's still Gifts fault apparently. Everything seems to be Gifts fault.

Lyon's goal-kicking has got worse since Gift came back.
Why can't Toovey see what we see?

If the Dog's win on Friday they will be on 16 points, they haven't had there bye yet so may as well say 18 points.
This is a danger game for us the Dogs have all players on deck we have injuries an suspensions galore. When was the last time we bloody had more than three wins a row? 2V won't change anything.

the mauler said:
Mal Cochrane said:
mickqld said:
Chip and Chase said:

He means we go right too often towards gift, starving taufua on the left.

Shoe1 said:
the mauler said:
Mal Cochrane said:
mickqld said:
Chip and Chase said:

That's crap. They went to Matai/Jorge side yesterday way more than Lyon/ Wolfie/ Gift.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
If the Dog's win on Friday they will be on 16 points, they haven't had there bye yet so may as well say 18 points.
This is a danger game for us the Dogs have all players on deck we have injuries an suspensions galore. When was the last time we bloody had more than three wins a row? 2V won't change anything.

After watching the Dogs last few games they're not travelling that well either. Struggled to beat Dragons and a severely depleted Cowboys team. They haven't beaten anyone of note yet that I can remember.

the mauler said:
Shoe1 said:
the mauler said:
Mal Cochrane said:
mickqld said:

That's crap. They went to Matai/Jorge side yesterday way more than Lyon/ Wolfie/ Gift.

The Eagle Has Landed said:

After watching the Dogs last few games they're not travelling that well either. Struggled to beat Dragons and a severely depleted Cowboys team. They haven't beaten anyone of note yet that I can remember.

your right mate... they have beaten a decent team for awhile , against cowboys the refs gave them some poor penalties which won them the game.. BARBA almost back at his best ( what crap ) he was only good last year with those decoy plays , this year nothing...

i think we can beat them even with the performance like yesterday.. saying that i dont wont to lose to the scumdogs !!!!

The Bulldogs get away with more offside play than any other team in the competition. If the referees decide to make the 10 metre rule a priority next week for both teams (not just for Manly like they did yesterday ) then we'll win. If not it will be a long night. Toovey said that Manly were pinged more times yesterday alone for offside (four from memory) than the previous 12 rounds combined.

Taufua should see a lot of action next week as the main modus operandi against the Bulldogs is getting outside/kicking in behind Perrett .

He might be standing in the defensive line sleep deprived since his baby was born last week. It'll be interesting to see how he plays .

globaleagle said:
IS T-REX GOING TO BE PLAYING???

THAT'S RIGHT, I'M SHOUTING!!!!

Our best hope is T dog picked to play 80 minutes. Dont think Des would be that stupid though.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8