Dogs next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Hard to believe that if the dogs get us next week they will be one point behind us despite their nightmare start.Trust us to cop the Warriors on a roll after my daughters netball side would have flogged them 3 weeks ago.

Dogs are another side who can score points so no doubt it will be another heart attack dogfight as usual.May be a big call but I reckon they will start favourites with the bookies.It is becoming very obvious we have a great first 13 and close to the weakest bench in the comp after our injuries.Need snake and Richie NOW!

When the snake does come back I think the wolf may be struggling to fend off Hiku.

Very concerned about this game with a 5 day turnaround including a day of travel unless we get out of there tonight

Lack of a contract for next year is affecting Wolf and Lyon. I dont think I've seen them play worse lately. Matai is just a passenger now with his constant injuries. His body is battered and it is really starting to show.

Put it this way Kiwi.If we only score 12 on Friday we lose.Without the snake we look clueless with the ball unfortunately and the one thing people forget is a line break with him in the side is 6 points, without him there is often zero support.This is huge in that we rarely win or lose by more than a few points.I think in 2011 we won about 8 games by 4 points or less.

Glen must play middle third.

mickqld said:
Lack of a contract for next year is affecting Wolf and Lyon. I dont think I've seen them play worse lately. Matai is just a passenger now with his constant injuries. His body is battered and it is really starting to show.

Couldn't be further from the truth.

susan said:
Put it this way Kiwi.If we only score 12 on Friday we lose.Without the snake we look clueless with the ball unfortunately and the one thing people forget is a line break with him in the side is 6 points, without him there is often zero support.This is huge in that we rarely win or lose by more than a few points.I think in 2011 we won about 8 games by 4 points or less.

Snake made two line breaks against Souths but it wasn't enough. Apart from the play where Inglis scored I thought he was the better of the two on the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
mickqld said:

Go and have a lie down mick lol

Did you miss that last try Matai scored going through 3 of them ?

The early season form is gone and we are on the slide.

What is transpiring now is precisely what those who said we wouldn't make the eight would happen, old and tired players and limited depth.

Snake won't have match fitness, he isn't the magic bullet. The problems are deeper than that, it's about composure or lack of. I have been saying all season that DCE is trying too hard and that remains the case. We are clueless in attack because he and others try to score off every play rather than having composure and building pressure.

susan said:

is this to stifle the attack both sides of ruck? if he's hurt (keeping in mind he said he was and stood down for nsw) he should play off the bench if he plays at all

This will be a tough game. I think we really need to start to change our game plan.

We running sideways and its really starting to hurt us. not only are we missing snake, but i think gift needs to come off the bench and be an impact player. Let T-Red start.

We are making the breaks. Has Tafua put a support player away after making a break. He just seems to put the blinkers on and can't position a support player. He rarely passes, and when he does they aren't that good. He palyed well today, but butchered two good ops. It's frustrating.

God said:
susan said:

is this to stifle the attack both sides of ruck? if he's hurt (keeping in mind he said he was and stood down for nsw) he should play off the bench if he plays at all

Gus Gould always talks about the football gods, any chance you can get a transfer into that department to help some of the lads ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
God said:
susan said:

Gus Gould always talks about the football gods, any chance you can get a transfer into that department to help some of the lads ?

I would but I copped to much flak after the immaculate conception so I gave up miracles after that.

Chip and Chase said:
We are making the breaks. Has Tafua put a support player away after making a break. He just seems to put the blinkers on and can't position a support player. He rarely passes, and when he does they aren't that good. He palyed well today, but butchered two good ops. It's frustrating.

Jorge should be finishing movements by scoring not creating them. Jorge was blitzing them till Gift came back. He hasn't scored a try since. What is that saying about our attack. We go right too much and it is dysfunctional out there. Lyon has looked like he's got 1 arm tied behind his back since Gift came back. 2V needs to make a change out there or we will just see more of the same. I hope 2V doesn't have the same blinkers on that Des had.

God said:
I would but I copped to much flak after the immaculate conception so I gave up miracles after that.

That alimony must seem to be going on forever!

God the reason he should play middle third is simple.He is a great tough defender and we need to play direct off our halves,not sideways. He does not have the speed and size to be an impact player and has always played 80 minutes. Let him defend tough in the middle and pop up either side in attack every now and then-at the moment our right side is as predictable as a Ricky Stuart coached side grabbing the spoon.

Symonds has gone from being a great asset to a confused young player in 4 weeks.

Cand C I don't agree we are supporting players well on breaks.Running down field after a team mate is not the end game.

Great support players like snake just know instinctively where to be.We have support players on breaks but they just don't have that sixth sense to get the best result.

Players like snake, slater,terry lamb etc are a rare breed.

God said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
God said:
susan said:

No fun to be had with an immaculate conception.

the short turn around is the only worry...
i think we are better than the dogs even playing like we did today. they had ref decisions go their way last night and had some luck, match their forwards and our defense will we us the game.

im confident we will win come friday... hate those scumdogs

The Dogs will be a really tough test for us and they could win easily if we are off our game.

I really want to win this one as it would be sweet to beat them twice in the one season and I don't want to go into our next bye weekend on the back of two losses.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6