1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs danger men?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Feb 28, 2016.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    No doubt Manly have to just get their own game it order to get the result, but good to see opinions on who Silvertails rate as the opposition danger men.
    For mine - if Kasiano & Graham are contained in the middle, theres limited threats in the Dogs lineup....nullified in a big way with no Klemmer.
    Big Lane would qualify as 1 to watch - this kid is a serious talent.
    Also Morris is dangerous, but again, only if he can utilize his pace if the Dogs win some go forward up the middle.
    Hope Kapow gets his fend on that Reynolds grub, won't be a fake dive this time!!
    Who do you rate as dangers ....if any??

2. Bearfax

Bearfax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,656 / 75
    Always wary of the Morris brothers. Fortunately we only have one of them to worry about in this game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    Des was one of there danger men as he knew the calibre of our players and run a game plan against us
    We have a new team new coach and new game plan So contain there halves and offloads I can see a first up win

4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,344 / 111
    Stop Graham and Kasiano and we stop the dogs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Danger is always the ego - going after the man instead of playing to the game plan is always a danger.

Dogs are the kings of the niggle - danger!

Manly build up the strength of Taupau hype, yet a dweeb can unsettle him easily and the dweeb with the whistle will send him off. Same for hotheads like Darcy :cool:
    What's the odds that we get Ceccine?

I wish Baz would post a video where he threatens any player that so much as looks at the Ref or reacts to a sledge :nod:

Staying on the field is paramount, then the combos can be refined and victory assured :clap:

Grubby, Klemmer and Grahame are the most effective at the Dogs. @:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Eelectric

Eelectric The atmosphere is Eelectric..

Melbourne
    Ratings:
    +102 / 5
    Dogs will only win if their forwards gets a roll on. Graham, Tolman, Jackson, Lane, Kasiano is the x-factor.

They don't have any where near the artillery you guys have out wide & have lost their most potent weapon B.Morris.

Your other biggest danger is yourselves. Geling with the new combinations. E.g. Walker's more ball runner than ball player (more might fall on Lyon).

It's a very different team you have this year. More grunt upfront , dummy half speed. As long as your forwards keep their own (they should) you can rack up some big scores once you've got the spine & backline machine well oiled.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  7. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    The middle is where we have recruited. 3 internationals I expect this is dogs strength with Marty, nate and Jake we will keep up.

8. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    Mbye is an unknown quantity. The dogs were willing to let Hodkinson go and spend $2.5 million to secure him. I'd rate him a potential threat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bearfax

Bearfax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,656 / 75

Why are you being so nice Eelectric? What are you up to? I know...trying to give us a false sense of security. I know your game Eelectric. I'll be watching you....Oh and by the way welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. winnyason

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Walker at 6 who knows if us does not Lyon is a ok 6

11. winnyason

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Not sure about anyone else wow I am excited for Friday. Driving up from Orange taking my 8 year old son, dad and 2 brothers. Kapow is going to make huge difference

• Like Like x 2
  12. Eelectric

Eelectric The atmosphere is Eelectric..

Melbourne
    Ratings:
    +102 / 5
    @Bearfax lol. So far it's been enjoyable on here, & you've got some intelligent posters & there's plenty of Eels & other cosmopolitan discussions. Sure, I'm surprised I'm still on here too. Wasn't planning to stay this long.

Don't worry I'm a sarcastic bastard & will be gloating when we beat you (hopefully that's in 2016 ).

Though I had 50 troll scores in the first hours of joining coupled with a Elmo the Muppet avatar I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been much in the way of personal attacks. Not sure how to take that. Maybe I should villian up.

13. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    Is the biter definitely playing?

14. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,344 / 111
    Dogs big men will have been read to all the hype about Manlys new turf forwards and will be ready to ambush us, to make a statement on how big and strong they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    The biting pommy mongrel will be playing Loobs

16. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,749 / 100
    Agreed, but I personally don't see us as a tuff pack, more like a well rounded pack that will get the job done.

17. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,334 / 51
    I think they will miss Hodkinson. I personally would have Mbye and Hodkinson and let Reynolds go. Mybe has the creative flair and running game, whilst Hodkinson has a steady hand and a solid kicking game. Reynolds can lift a team at times, but deflate it just as often with his brain snaps.

Biggest threat is ourselves. If we can click and play with cohesion then I think we win.

18. Manlymaniac

Manlymaniac Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 8
    Think we have alot of points in us this year.

19. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 45
    Since Des arrived at the dogs we have had such a poor record against them especially in big games. Let's hope Barrett changes that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Graham is the most overrated player in the game.

Either runs sideways or stops when he hits the line, well thats how he played in 2015.

• Agree Agree x 1