Do we still have Croker, Parker and Garrick haters?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Disappointed with the title of this thread. Because I am critical of a players performance does not make me a hater. I will eat humble pie happily when I should because it equates to our success. I have given these boys credit in other threads and then read this garbage. Calling fellow silvertails haters is poor form. Call me wrong all you like but don't call me what I am not. I don't hate anybody particularly any of the young men putting their body's on the line for my team.
Oh wow... another one??? It's an expression! It's a bit rich to call it anything other than an expression!
When you put **** on someone you are called a "hater" doesn't mean you actually hate them! I thought this was pretty obvious!
In the Oxford dictionary:
INFORMAL
A negative or critical person. Hmmmm should I change the title to "Do we still have negative and critical people" ;) cos the meaning is the SAME!

The most famous Manly banner says "guess what Manly hates you too" everyone celebrates this banner without a second thought!

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Bencher
I have always supported them and thought they could fulfill a role,but I think we can do better and have better players in the squad.
If we can re-sign them for next year then I would be happy,but I have my doubts unless they want to stay on their current level of contract(if the money is there).
The better they play,the more likely a bigger offer will come,even if it is from the UK.Parker MAY stay but I think the other 2 might move on next year(we signed Tuipulotu for 4 years when we could have re-signed Garrick,we extended Fainu and brought Lawton in on a 2 year contract when we could have extended Croker.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Croker - defending like Ballin and gives his all. Still a touch wayward in passing but getting better every game. Fainu would be better but he’s not there abs Croker is.

Parker - no speed demon but is one of if not the best defensive centres in the comp. He also really runs most a heck of a lot of decoy plays that suck out defenders. Is Walker better, yeah but once again Walker is not here and Brad is.

Garrick - getting back to 2019 form and his in and away on Semi was price less. Kicking well, defending well and returning kick chases adequately. Could finish better and back himself, but a reasonable and solid clubman.

Not all of our players can be superstars, I’m happy if they respect the jersey and play to structure.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.

mutley

Reserve Grader
I have only bagged croker said many a times he wasnt up to first grade standard, seems a fair bit of coaching time has gone into his game from des and monaghan, hes changed the way he plays and is obviously under instructions to not run or kick out of dummyhalf. ill admit the last 4 weeks have been a massive improvement, hes off contract and with fainu, lawnton, cust, schuster, foran i still wouldnt resign crocker unless fainu and foran are not here in 22

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well this is the conversation you want to have
Not long ago they weren't playing
that well and with injuries who were you actually going to put there
Now with the team playing well these guys can hold there spot, the question is bringing in what you may call the better players now it's debatable , why change a winning side , will the Walkers or Sironens improve the side ?
Parker has been great , the question remains about his speed his lack of speed got him a try yesterday cause he was the slowest to arrive , Croker playing well finally , he is playing better than Cook from South's but would Croker take Cooks SOO spot no
Suli off the bench has been good he now knows he has to earn his spot
Whichever way you look at the team needs to keep improving if it wants to be chance , whether it's with the current team or players coming back in

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think Faniu will be eased in. Could play off the bench for a while, let crocker do some of the tough early defence then bring on Faniu
I hate to state the obvious but the only place Manese will be eased into could be the shower block on C wing at long bay.
I really hope the kid didnt do it and clears his name but realistically its probably 70 -30 he goes down for his choices.

Shuch a shame if he does.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13