Des press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des has brought a lot of this on himself, the nepotism in the coaching ranks he introduced, there is no diversity in opinions/ methods.

Player retention look who Des has extended / purchased over the last 3 seasons.

Need a culture changing coach, maybe time for Des to take a comfy seat in the front office.

Des is trying his best to show faith in his players and saying his players will drag themselves out of this hole

Des, those same players are taking the piss.
Pick some young players who have enthusiasm and potential to get better, a lot better.

Suli and Parker need to go for a start.

He has lost his fire. I'm sorry but he has. Where is the Des that got angry at Parramatta and tore the hinges off. And that was at a very decent manly side. This team should be copping worse. Feels like the players hate each other. There's no high fives or pumping each other. There's no communication. No fight. Not sure what your seeing Des. You can even see the body language of and DCE. How you cou continuously pick some of those under performing players. It's mind boggling.

He's lost the dressing room. Players don't care. Don't even know if Des cares anymore. Those players should be ashamed of themselves. We were in the first half?? 18-0 down?? 45% completion rate? You kidding me. We were never in this game. Infact we haven't been in a game in a long time even stretching to last year.

Results driven business??? Since the Penns took over it's all gone to ****. Get out of my club. Sell it and move on. The lack of care stems from the very top.

Des is trying his best to show faith in his players and saying his players will drag themselves out of this hole

Des, those same players are taking the piss.
Pick some young players who have enthusiasm and potential to get better, a lot better.

Suli and Parker need to go for a start.
Agree. You can see the fight in aloha (that will do), Saab and schuster, plus Davy before last week. The rest need a big wake up and a reminder of what it means to be a Sea Eagle. More guys like Toff to put the pressure on the dead wood.

The Parker selection is a real head scratcher. The poor knock kneed bugger is, was, and always will be, the least athletic centre to ever lace a boot in the modern era. Can't fault his effort, but having a dig can only get you so far.

He is a solid, back-up player.
The goat photos are real. Not sure people realize that.

Just watched the 1st half we made so many handling errors and had enough opportunities and field position to be on top. There is still definitely evident capability within the team and I honestly understand what Des is trying to say. I believe the team can dig there way out however it certainly won’t be next week against the Panthers. .

Can you please tell us what Des is trying to say Red Pill. The rest of us need an interpreter.
I know one thing he did say.” The Dragons are coming off a loss so they’ll be tough “
Really ! Tough win against the odds in Townsville.

The only way you can coach like he does is by not watching any non manly games since Covid. That’s the ONLY possible way.
And that comment probably tells you he doesn’t.

The goat photos are real. Not sure people realize that.
Old Willo had nothing on Bradley. I'm starting to think Garrick, Parker, and Croker have goat, sheep, swine, cat, dog, and chicken photos locked away in a safe.

If Saab, Schuster, and Davey have shown us anything, its that the younger, more athletic players are a good chance of out performing the perennial duds.

Just watched the 1st half we made so many handling errors and had enough opportunities and field position to be on top. There is still definitely evident capability within the team and I honestly understand what Des is trying to say. I believe the team can dig there way out however it certainly won’t be next week against the Panthers. .
Agree completely. That's part of what makes it all so painful and frustrating. We really were in it and should have piled plenty of points on the board with that.

Can you please tell us what Des is trying to say Red Pill. The rest of us need an interpreter.
I know one thing he did say.” The Dragons are coming off a loss so they’ll be tough “

The only way you can coach like he does is by not watching any non manly games since Covid. That’s the ONLY possible way.
Hasler was a great coach. He was the most innovative coach in that era. His methods today appear to be no longer as effective as they were before?

The reality is that we are all in for a lot more pain as a club, unless he is prepared to make substantial changes to his team selections, and his recruitment strategy. Unfortunately I cant see this happening anytime soon.

Last edited:
Hasler was a great coach. Unfortunately that was in an other era. He was also the most innovative coach in that era. That time is gone. His methods are no longer effective, and the game itself has moved on and left him behind. He can't/won't acknowledge these simple truths. He is not who he was, and it is highly unlikely that his past achievements will ever be emulated again for the Manly Sea Eagles.

The reality is that we are all in for a lot more pain as a club, if he/we cannot accept his time as a great coach is finished. This situation will only change if he is prepared to make substantial changes to his team selections, and his recruitment strategy. Unfortunately I cant see this happening anytime soon.
He’s only here for his retirement $$$ now

Hi Susan, Not sure what you mean here but it certainly sucks losing and I guess that certainly creates an understandable negative bias to whatever Dessie says in his quirky way. In listening to the the press conference and watching the 1st half ( I missed the game and am watching knowing we lost) I could relate to some of the points he made. There is capability within this team and hopefully that can translate into some wins in the coming weeks.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8