Des press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh I don't know, the fans, sponsors, members, etc might want some answers, accountability, anything really.
Well personally i’d rather them show it on the field and with selections. Press conferences are a formality imo and the coaches shouldn’t feel obligated to give answers solely for the journalists to write stories about. Most questions are swayed to write drama anyways.

Sure fans deserve to be informed to a degree, but I have no problem it stays behind closed doors. Selections and performance effort/fixing of on-field problems is where I think the true accountability lays, not in the manner a coach politically navigates a series of questions

That being said there does need to be change, but I just don’t think press conferences should be taken seriously (by coaches and fans). Tbaz used them to try heap excuses, Des uses them to daydream, Bennett doesn’t even try

Wasnt having a crack Red Pill. I watched the presser and basically just heard mumbling excuses similar to the last 14 losses from 15., most with losses over thirty points.
I’ll put my hand up and say I was glad he came back in 2019. Loved the bloke.

Now I just feel terrible watching a club great embarrass himself.Because that’s exactly what he’s doing.Embarrasing the club and the fans with that mumbling rambling word salad while everyone - members , fans and sponsors - are hurting like hell.

I’m choosing not to start judging this team until Tom comes back. I don’t care what people say but it’s my way of coping right now. I always try to be positive and will continue too. And as a father I need to show a better message to my 11yr old who was in tears tonight and threw his jersey in the washing basket. Look I can cop the losses if we have a dig and go down fighting but this is beyond a f$&@en joke. Des show us something just make a couple changes in the backs! Parker out to start with. I was hopeful today and leading in but a knew we’d lose tonight. We will be 0-4 next week and Tge media noise is about to get a whole lot louder.

I’m choosing not to start judging this team until Tom comes back. I don’t care what people say but it’s my way of coping right now. I always try to be positive and will continue too. And as a father I need to show a better message to my 11yr old who was in tears tonight and threw his jersey in the washing basket. Look I can cop the losses if we have a dig and go down fighting but this is beyond a f$&@en joke. Des show us something just make a couple changes in the backs! Parker out to start with. I was hopeful today and leading in but a knew we’d lose tonight. We will be 0-4 next week and Tge media noise is about to get a whole lot louder.
Sorry to hear ure little fella was so upset mate. That's real sad. :-(

I wonder if the head knocks he received as a player are now starting to effect him?

There is no fire in him any more like their used to be

No-one can defend the fact that half the team is not first grade standard and need to go but he doesn't see it and keeps picking the same team with the same results

I wonder if the head knocks he received as a player are now starting to effect him?

There is no fire in him any more like their used to be

No-one can defend the fact that half the team is not first grade standard and need to go but he doesn't see it and keeps picking the same team with the same results
He is picking and sticking with this inept team out of spite and a two finger salute to the owners. It is the only reason that appears logical.

I swear in the pre game interview he said the Dragons would be up for it as they are coming off a loss

Did I hear wrong or is he senile?
I've thought for a while he is looking like he's lost the plot. I know he kinda always sounded like that even when we were winning 10 years ago but uts way worse now.

I don't say this.with malice but is he really still all there ??

The Parker selection is a real head scratcher. The poor knock kneed bugger is, was, and always will be, the least athletic centre to ever lace a boot in the modern era. Can't fault his effort, but having a dig can only get you so far.

He is a solid, back-up player.
Did you hear Blockhead in the commentary,...."Parker is a very underrated player!"....I kid you not.

So many problems with how we play:

- we lack any defensive urgency, intensity or aggression. Very little mongrel in the team, just a bunch of blokes that want to earn their paycheck and go home. Our defensive line is slow, hence why teams roll through the middle so easily against us

- we have no attacking threat in the backs, no player who is a scoring machine or who creates nothing out of anything. Obviously it's only Tom but that's about it. Maybe it can be walker when he goes back to centre. But suli, parker and garrick don't provide it and saab is not getting enough opportunities.

- our halves lack creativity and a solid kicking game. We don't get build enough pressure through our kicking game, we don't get that many repeat sets. And foz and chez are pretty predictable most of the times. I won't lie there was an improvement today, especially shown in that last try, just got to build on it. Chez simplified his game and didn't overplay his hand and he did a little better

- kick returns are so important because they virtually set the tone for our set. But our back 3 lack size and evasion to get us on that front. In 2017 Uate, tom and taufua was considered the best back 3 in the comp when it came to kick returns. We lack those kind of aggression nowadays

- des hasn't adopted any of our players to the new style of the game, we had a lot of old fasioned gritty Des Hasler wins in 2019 that made us do well that season. But the game is past it and we can't rely on that gameplan anymore with other teams being too strong and too fast

If Des was in the coaching box losing his **** like he use to and showing passion when talking to players I wouldn’t be judging him but woooow it’s like he enjoys losing now
He looks meded up to me. We used to take the piss about Cartwright being an Easter Island statue, but Des just looks like he’s taken a bottle of Xanax.

It’s interesting, appears Des has lost his passion if you think back, there Was plenty of fire and Argo, not to dissimilar to belly ache, belly ache still shows the passion and is all over the game, Poor old Des is confused, mumbling and not cohesive, maybe there could be early onset issues! (I hope not)
with regard to his comment about the dragons coming of a loss, he did say that, but I think he corrected himself, to be fair, but he struggles to remember players names at times, even his own, that should have alarm bells ringing, I watch his pressers every week and i don’t know if he is being arrogant with the media or not, he clearly has hearing problems (so do I, getting old sux) but he often doesn’t answer the questions asked or just wonders of track with a response of his own. It’s not a good look.
how many coach’s were moved on last year? There is something terribly wrong, when poor results are acceptable and even stranger when they are rewarded.
i Don’t know what’s going on, but I know I don’t like it, it’s not good enough and it’s time to call it I think, the sooner the better, we may as well forfeit next week and after another routing I doubt we will turn up against the warriors, (and they have their own injury problems) then the Titans love playing us and will rout us again at home, that will be 0/6, its almost a certainty, not even Tom is going to save us, yes it will be great to have him back but it won’t bring instant joy, there is to many glaring weaknesses, then we’re to @ 0/6? and it’s deeper than 0/6 it’s a continuing trend without much if any upside, l‘d love to see Des come out on top but I don’t do BS and can’t see it happening so I’ve gotta call it like I see it, if it 0/6 surely it’s over!

He said there was effort in this team and that he sees fight in the squad.

come on Des really

that's exactly what Trent used to say week in week out.

I don't get it though. for someone labelled the 'mad professor' the big innovator yadda yadda yadda...

we look so devoid of plans near the tryline. It's like coaching is: "Dunno...pass to an unmarked player...keep doing that and you'll fall over the line."

Having injuries shouldn't mean "stop having strategies", it's a bigger reason to have some more!

that's exactly what Trent used to say week in week out.

I don't get it though. for someone labelled the 'mad professor' the big innovator yadda yadda yadda...

we look so devoid of plans near the tryline. It's like coaching is "dunno...pass to an unmarked player...keep doing that and you'll fall over the line."

Having injuries shouldn't stop having strategies, it's probably a bigger reason to have some!
Yeah, heaven forbid, why would any team look towards the Storm juggernaut for inspiration...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8