Des deserves more respect and support

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hasler lost the respect of a lot of supporters when he left to go to the dogs

How can anyone respect a coach who continually picks reserve grade standard players like Garrick, Parker, jetski, Boyle and Crocker when there are better players in NSW cup

He lost the plot during his last two years at the dogs and last year and now this year he is showing that he has lost the plot as well as well are playing **** and have not changed our style or players to suit the new rules

I understand everyone has a right to their opinion and rugby league supporters are generally a very fickle bunch. In expressing my opinion I am a little deflated by the plethora of negative comments and judgments directed at Des, DCE and the Turbo bros of late. If by some chance there is more to the game these days than it being purely a business we have in this group of individuals a genuine spirit/passion for the club. ( yeah I suspect Dessie is a little bit more sentimental than he lets on) he has spent most of his long career in rugby league associated with the club. Both as a player and a coach winning! with the club.
If you look at his history as both a player and coach one of his key attributes has been his relentless tenacity. I believe this rare tenacity to succeed will again pay dividends, it’s just a matter of time. I think those who believe he has become a dinosaur should look more closely at the game, it is still about running hard, tackling hard and yeah holding on to the ball and of course a sustainable team/club spirit. I think the club learned this lesson from the Barrett experience. ( confusing slick contemporary presentation for substance)
I hope the latest news is true regarding the 2 year extension. GO Manly!
Meanwhile, the newest thread reads" Manly young guns looking for a release"
But let's just keep the positive vibes going for des our hero

How can anyone respect a coach who continually picks reserve grade standard players like Garrick, Parker, jetski, Boyle and Crocker when there are better players in NSW cup

He lost the plot during his last two years at the dogs and last year and now this year he is showing that he has lost the plot as well as well are playing **** and have not changed our style or players to suit the new rules
It is your god given right to be this fickle and myopic. Bless the forum and GO Manly

I understand everyone has a right to their opinion and rugby league supporters are generally a very fickle bunch. In expressing my opinion I am a little deflated by the plethora of negative comments and judgments directed at Des, DCE and the Turbo bros of late. If by some chance there is more to the game these days than it being purely a business we have in this group of individuals a genuine spirit/passion for the club. ( yeah I suspect Dessie is a little bit more sentimental than he lets on) he has spent most of his long career in rugby league associated with the club. Both as a player and a coach winning! with the club.
If you look at his history as both a player and coach one of his key attributes has been his relentless tenacity. I believe this rare tenacity to succeed will again pay dividends, it’s just a matter of time. I think those who believe he has become a dinosaur should look more closely at the game, it is still about running hard, tackling hard and yeah holding on to the ball and of course a sustainable team/club spirit. I think the club learned this lesson from the Barrett experience. ( confusing slick contemporary presentation for substance)
well said.

i think the likes of Daly, jake, walker, foz and croker looked rusty and short of a run.

now we could be critical of des and say he should of played them in the trials. But he’s damned if he did or damned if he didn’t. imagine a season ending injury to one of those blokes in the trials.

saturday was pretty ****y. that side garrick was on the defense was turnstyle stuff and i’m sure that will be fixed.

After seeing saab i would say garrick’s time in first grade is numbered. i would have jorge or parker in front of him when tom returns.

i’m not ready to write this season off yet

I think all MWSE supporters respect Hasler for his past outstanding contributions to the club as a player, and as a coach.
However, that was then, and this is now. His achievements in the past were pretty special, but his legacy is being tarnished by his lack of success with the team, since his return.
He has to change his team selection criteria, defensive structures and much more immediately.
Wholeheartedly agree Des I respect and love his contributions to the club in 2005-2011 he gave me some special life moments I wont forget. But this is now and we are in whole different scenario and he has so far not produced as a coach in his second stint, he has overseen some history making results, not positive at all mind you.

I will always respect our coach because we are manly and I am manly till I die but to say that I support his extension or he deserves our full support because of past glories I question that.

i Hope Des does succeed , because then we can go back to being hated, right now from rival fans they mock and laugh at us and I hate it.

Last edited:

I have to agree bud. I have been a massive supporter of Dez but I just don't understand his selections when the same players getting picked keep under performing while players in reserve show so much more promise Shuster, Quac, Sipley, Harper, Cust, Funa etc are more deserving. Any of the outside backs I watched play reserves show more Athletic ability then Garrick and Parker. Crocker has to go, had enough of him. Jetski can go too. Siro, DCE and Jake need to lift big time. Foran Im afraid is on old legs, the speed of the game will be too much

I have to agree bud. I have been a massive supporter of Dez but I just don't understand his selections when the same players getting picked keep under performing while players in reserve show so much more promise Shuster, Quac, Sipley, Harper, Cust, Funa etc are more deserving. Any of the outside backs I watched play reserves show more Athletic ability then Garrick and Parker. Crocker has to go, had enough of him. Jetski can go too. Siro, DCE and Jake need to lift big time. Foran Im afraid is on old legs, the speed of the game will be too much
The Blacktown side had great spirit and enthusiasm and they looked like they enjoyed playing with each other

The first grade side looked like death and played like they were

We need some enthusiasm in first grade from the likes of Sipley, Cust etc

My worst nightmare will be this afternoon if Des selects Crocker, Garrick/ Boyle and Parker again

Last edited:
Although I don't agree with some team selections, I feel that Des is being judged harshly on one match this season. As Jake said "it wasn't Des out there playing poorly".

To start the season with Roosters, Souths, St George (at Wollongong), Penrith is an incredibly difficult start to the season.

I believe Des and the team will bounce back and start putting wins together once Turbo returns.

Although I don't agree with some team selections, I feel that Des is being judged harshly on one match this season. As Jake said "it wasn't Des out there playing poorly".

To start the season with Roosters, Souths, St George (at Wollongong), Penrith is an incredibly difficult start to the season.

I believe Des and the team will bounce back and start putting wins together once Turbo returns.
I am really concerned what could happen this weekend... the souffs game last year was THE worst game of football I have seen from a Manly side... it was 38-0 at half time!

Wow talk about fickle! his 1st year back with us was quite successful taking over from Barrett, agree last year was very disappointing and he we are now just completed the 1st round in 2021 and you suggest his reputation is tarnished?
Mate, I admire and respect your loyalty and optimism ... I also have not written either Dessie or this team off yet ... you don't just forget how to coach or play ...

However, when should we begin to sharpen the pitch-forks and light the torches ? One (1) win in our last 11 games must be starting to get close to the moment ?

Things can be turned around ... and I pray to Zeus that they are .... but time is running out ..

Maybe.

Des left us to go to the Dogsand tried to undermine the club at teh time by taking staff and players. Odd way for a legend to leave a legacy. He then created the exact same salary cap issues/let key players go/resigned duds at the Dogs as he left Manly. The tactics at the Dogs were old and tired.

Fast forward => we are now playing the same, tired old way. Croker/Foran/Sironen are not up with the modern game and our whole style is tired. We had a full offseason to change things and we rolled out the exact same rubbish as we did to end the season last year.

If we at least got to see some inspired team changes e.g. Harper at FB, Walker back to centre, Parker/Garrick gone, Schuster bench and Cust at least bench then it would be easier to accept a loss as you know we are at least trying to chnge things up.

Therefore Maybe/Maybe Not.

Mate, I admire and respect your loyalty and optimism ... I also have not written either Dessie or this team off yet ... you don't just forget how to coach or play ...

However, when should we begin to sharpen the pitch-forks and light the torches ? One (1) win in our last 11 games must be starting to get close to the moment ?

Things can be turned around ... and I pray to Zeus that they are .... but time is running out ..
Agree there has to be a line in the sand. Dessie always says that the real competition starts after the first 8 also games so let it be then. I think the measure of success will be this season. Let’s see how we go! For the time being I will remain optimistic, in saying this I do not envisage finishing in the top 4.

I do respect Des and his achievements at the club.

What I would like to say is that in the early part of Des's coaching career he was never frightened to bring in rookie players like he did with DCE and Foran a decade ago and mixed with some great players the team won the comp that year.

I cannot remember a time since the bad news Northern Eagles where we lost 9 out of our last ten games and got totally lapped in most of them.

If you stick with tried and failed players, play players out of position and ignore younger talented and enthusiastic players you open your self up to scrutiny.

I do not want to over hype this as its only one game. We need to see progress with the team and for too long the team has become rotten, our defence is diabolical, we do not manage games and we are playing teams without a recognized 1 and 9 right now and its costing us dearly.

Ball is in your court Des!

I do respect Des and his achievements at the club.

What I would like to say is that in the early part of Des's coaching career he was never frightened to bring in rookie players like he did with DCE and Foran a decade ago and mixed with some great players the team won the comp that year.

I cannot remember a time since the bad news Northern Eagles where we lost 9 out of our last ten games and got totally lapped in most of them.

If you stick with tried and failed players, play players out of position and ignore younger talented and enthusiastic players you open your self up to scrutiny.

I do not want to over hype this as its only one game. We need to see progress with the team and for too long the team has become rotten, our defence is diabolical, we do not manage games and we are playing teams without a recognized 1 and 9 right now and its costing us dearly.

Ball is in your court Des!
Makes sense. BTW Dessie only started Chez because Trent Hokinson signed with the dogs. He certainly does not always get it right.( Nobody does) If Trent didn’t sign with the dogs who knows when Chez would have played.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11