Defence on our line

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Agree, FFS can the Sack Barrett, find fault in everything crew just give it a rest , even for a few days??

We’ve read you incessant Sack the coach , Sack the captain , Sack the fullback , Sack everyone crap for FIVE ****ING WEEKS!!

We’ve just pulled off a fabulous win, against the odds.

Just sit back and enjoy that for a few days if you possibly can!

By the way this isn’t aimed at one specific poster , all in general!

#nextweek

Wrong, defence stems from desire and confidence comes from defence. Then and only then will the attack click.

I agree because i know defence is more important as it can keep you in the game. all i was saying was to get a win was against the odds and lets just take things one step at a time. The boys get a win and some confidence, team building, team unity and from there defence improves.

We’ve had some really bad times lately and this place game has been negative (not without reason i’ll admit) but less than 24hrs after a hard fought, very deserved win we straight away get into what was wrong with the win.

Wasn't one of those on our line penalties for Jake getting pinged for a hand on the ball, on 5th tackle, that is an absolute killer

Did we also get penalised for a forward pass, who ever gets penalised for that nowadays?

I do agree we were shocking in defence, but only for that ten minute period in the first half. After that we put bodies on the line and defended pretty well. Two lucky tries for Broncos, Milford Magic and Andrew Mccoulough's early try where the ball didn't even hit the ground, Thaiday's try (which occurred during that poor defencive period, could be argued as a double movement as well although that one is arguable

I’ve mentioned previously in another thread that we are really susceptible to tries from dummy half and again we saw that last night. But let’s not harp on that at the moment - I feel bloody proud of the effort and emotion last night and to be honest i don’t they have even scored another point if not for the piece of magic from Milford.

I’ve mentioned previously in another thread that we are really susceptible to tries from dummy half and again we saw that last night. But let’s not harp on that at the moment - I feel bloody proud of the effort and emotion last night and to be honest i don’t they have even scored another point if not for the piece of magic from Milford.
I don't think McCullough even got that ball down. I think a few people here have identified why dummy half tries are more prevalent this year. Would be good to get some statistical analysis.

Agree, FFS can the Sack Barrett, find fault in everything crew just give it a rest , even for a few days??

We’ve read you incessant Sack the coach , Sack the captain , Sack the fullback , Sack everyone crap for FIVE ****ING WEEKS!!

We’ve just pulled off a fabulous win, against the odds.

Just sit back and enjoy that for a few days if you possibly can!

By the way this isn’t aimed at one specific poster , all in general!
Misery loves company. The troll in their natural habitat posts things which feed upon others misery. From the misery they create the troll draws their strength. And so the circle of life for the constantly negative poster continues never able to savior even brief moments of joy...

*all spoken with David Attenborough’s voice*

The two tries the Broncs scored close to our line involved Tommy - he's simply too tall to get down low to halt the ball carriers momentum. I'm not sure how u deal with that but that's something that needs to be worked on. And no, I'm not being a Debbie Downer cause I loved our effort and I watched the full game again this morning. Just an observation. Also I must say Moses was good too - tried hard, took a lot of tough hit ups and will only get better as he gets fitter.
Go Manly

Just on a side note - am I the only person who thinks that McCulloch pass to Thaiday for their try was a blatant forward pass?

I watched it with an unbiased 3rd party who called it before I had a chance to blow up.

Gets lost in the mix as we won, but it was pretty obvious (to me).
It happened right in front of where I was sitting in the stands and it was definitely scored off a forward pass.

I do agree we were shocking in defence, but only for that ten minute period in the first half. After that we put bodies on the line and defended pretty well. Two lucky tries for Broncos, Milford Magic and Andrew Mccoulough's early try where the ball didn't even hit the ground, Thaiday's try (which occurred during that poor defencive period, could be argued as a double movement as well although that one is arguable
Broncos defense was worse @:D

The two tries the Broncs scored close to our line involved Tommy - he's simply too tall to get down low to halt the ball carriers momentum. I'm not sure how u deal with that but that's something that needs to be worked on. And no, I'm not being a Debbie Downer cause I loved our effort and I watched the full game again this morning. Just an observation. Also I must say Moses was good too - tried hard, took a lot of tough hit ups and will only get better as he gets fitter.
Go Manly

Simple solution.
Cut his legs off at the knees to reduce the height factor.

Manly's defence wasn't all that bad considering the number of penalties they had against them in the first half which gave the Broncos repeat sets and easy metres. And due to this, the majority of the Broncos tries were scored from plays starting close to the line.

Good to see that in general Manly's discipline improved although they need to work on not giving away silly penalties (e.g., lying in the ruck, not back the 10 and holding down the ball carrier too long). Fix up the penalties and Brisbane would not have had any cheap metres and would not have scored nearly as many tries.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10