Dean Whare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would have been handy to keep but can see why he went. He'd still be playing reggies behind Stevie and killer if he hung around. He's now an international and an established first grader.

If he was still at Manly he'd be on the wing and playing centre when Killer or Skivy are out injured. But he didn't want to play on the wing and the Riff offered him a chance at playing in the centres when Jennings signed with the Rorters. I can see why he left, but I wish he didn't.

My point is he has gone away and learned his craft, within two years we will be in dire need of a class centre that won't command $1million.

He could be a good option.

Whare was at our club at the wrong time as when he left Killer and Skivvy were so established in the centres and he would have had to wait 5 years for his chance. He is a fantastic player now and who knows he could be an option down the track, however unlikely.

I wasn't a big fan of Whare in his last year with Manly, given he had a couple of monumental stuff ups - one being a bad defensive read in the SF against the dogs (we lost by a converted try).

But ever since, he's become a well established centre. So yeah, would love to get him back now.

I was upset when he left. Scored a hatrick on debut for us against cows

Its someone we need right now I doubt he will return

Whare looked good yesterday cause his halves were giving him passes out wide while he was on the move.Unlike dce who carries the ball out wide then stops,then turns the other way.Why doesn't he just do the basic things other halfbacks do.

I think the point stands that Whare would be a handy pick-up given Killer and Skivvy are in the twilight of their careers, but make no mistake, yesterdays performance was as much about Kyle Lovett as it was about Dean Whare. He came up against a sluggish and inexperienced backrower with 13 FG games to his name, playing out of position.

Hindsight hindsight. Has taken 3 years to develop out there, after two whole seasons here.
Good luck to him, but the right call was made to let him go.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8