Dce out Hastings in?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agreed. For a decade we had a team of champions who played for one another and created a unique culture that was envied by other clubs. Instead of nurturing that culture and rebuilding around it, we threw all our eggs in the DCE basket (who really wasn't part of that culture anyway if you ask me) then through blatant self interest, we have systemically dismantled what we had to the point that in just a few short years we have gone from being envied to being pitied.

how bout i start another thread titled ' the amazing culture we had was created by Des Hasler, crafted by Des Hasler, lets get Des Back NOW'

i would be torn to threads by those on here that feel that he destroyed our club with Back ended contracts and walking away...

DCE isnt the problem. players have good times and bad times and we as fans love to tear them apart when it suits us...

the culture you speak about is what exactly? the Stewart brothers from Wollongong? Brent kite from the dragons? matt orford from the bears via the storm? Killer from parra? the list goes on.

Once again Hasler made these players into the machine they were. the only World class player made before Des was Killer.

Twenty and his team look to be dragging ' great players ' the other way. DOWN

Times that by a 1000. We had a champion fu$king team!!!! Anyone who says otherwise is putting Sh!t on champion players like Lyon, Matai, Stewart bros, King, watmough, Ballin, Foran( at his best). He played a small part, but by no means did DCE win us a premiership. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

A champion F'/'.'.,./ team made by one man. NOT DCE by the way.

of course we had a champion team that DCE was just a cog in. did anyone on here actually say that all our success was because DCE played? I wouldnt think anyone would be that stupid....

When Manly get a stable side with solid forwards, fast backs and good structure and defence, DCE will show why a few years back he was considered the next Australian half back. DCE played injured for much of last year I understand and still has some difficulties with ankle problems. Add to that, for the past two years he has had to virtually carry the Manly side with some second class forward strength and pedestrian backs. There are signs of improvement in some areas such as centre, full back, a couple of forwards. But he's the go to man and every team know that. So closing down DCE becomes the priority, because no one else so far has been consistently creating an effective alternative of attack

When Manly get a stable side with solid forwards, fast backs and good structure and defence, DCE will show why a few years back he was considered the next Australian half back. DCE played injured for much of last year I understand and still has some difficulties with ankle problems. Add to that, for the past two years he has had to virtually carry the Manly side with some second class forward strength and pedestrian backs. There are signs of improvement in some areas such as centre, full back, a couple of forwards. But he's the go to man and every team know that. So closing down DCE becomes the priority, because no one else so far has been consistently creating an effective alternative of attack

BINGO bearfax.

how bout i start another thread titled ' the amazing culture we had was created by Des Hasler, crafted by Des Hasler, lets get Des Back NOW'

i would be torn to threads by those on here that feel that he destroyed our club with Back ended contracts and walking away...

DCE isnt the problem. players have good times and bad times and we as fans love to tear them apart when it suits us...

the culture you speak about is what exactly? the Stewart brothers from Wollongong? Brent kite from the dragons? matt orford from the bears via the storm? Killer from parra? the list goes on.

Once again Hasler made these players into the machine they were. the only World class player made before Des was Killer.

Twenty and his team look to be dragging ' great players ' the other way. DOWN

A champion F'/'.'.,./ team made by one man. NOT DCE by the way.

of course we had a champion team that DCE was just a cog in. did anyone on here actually say that all our success was because DCE played? I wouldnt think anyone would be that stupid....
Simple fact is DCE is under performing by a long long long way. He is our captain, our biggest earner , therefore he is open to criticism and lots of it! He can't control a team, he doesn't inspire and he is waaay overpaid. Is he the sole reason we are performing so bad? God no, but he's the captain, halfback and the highest earner.

Des did make a great side. And yes he got the best out of his players. And all the players bought into the culture, a lot could of moved on for bigger money but didn't because they wanted to build a dynasty, they did that. DCE came in at the back end of a great era, he had a good 1st season and won a premiership on the back of a great team. Then what did he do? Every chance he has had he has asked for a contract upgrade, every chance. Cue the troubles with Stewart bros and watmough.

They took less to stay in a great side, DCE demanded more. That's the difference between champions and good players who only care about themselves. Now he has got his big contract that he thinks he deserves, fine, fuc$ing perform. He should be our best player every minute of every game. He's not. Not even in the top 3.

And mate if you don't think players create culture then you have never played sport. The players must buy in. They must. They must push each other in training, fight for each other on the field, lift to win a game. That comes from them, from not wanting to let the guy next to you down.

Simple fact is DCE is under performing by a long long long way. He is our captain, our biggest earner , therefore he is open to criticism and lots of it! He can't control a team, he doesn't inspire and he is waaay overpaid. Is he the sole reason we are performing so bad? God no, but he's the captain, halfback and the highest earner.

Des did make a great side. And yes he got the best out of his players. And all the players bought into the culture, a lot could of moved on for bigger money but didn't because they wanted to build a dynasty, they did that. DCE came in at the back end of a great era, he had a good 1st season and won a premiership on the back of a great team. Then what did he do? Every chance he has had he has asked for a contract upgrade, every chance. Cue the troubles with Stewart bros and watmough.

They took less to stay in a great side, DCE demanded more. That's the difference between champions and good players who only care about themselves. Now he has got his big contract that he thinks he deserves, fine, fuc$ing perform. He should be our best player every minute of every game. He's not. Not even in the top 3.

And mate if you don't think players create culture then you have never played sport. The players must buy in. They must. They must push each other in training, fight for each other on the field, lift to win a game. That comes from them, from not wanting to let the guy next to you down.

What are you on about culture? I've played sport for the past 35 years so yes I know about sporting culture within a team. A lot of good it's doing this playing group eah?

The reason players are able to form a culture is down to the man at the top. That man was hasler. Dont forget in the early days gifty was only kept to keep snake. Gifty matured into the ledgend but could have easily gone by by.

You know the ' bash em culture ' round here is pretty good as well.

DCE has underperformed. But that's more to do with the blokes he has around him than the bloke himself.

What are you on about culture? I've played sport for the past 35 years so yes I know about sporting culture within a team. A lot of good it's doing this playing group eah?

The reason players are able to form a culture is down to the man at the top. That man was hasler. Dont forget in the early days gifty was only kept to keep snake. Gifty matured into the ledgend but could have easily gone by by.

DCE has underperformed. But that's more to do with the blokes he has around him than the bloke himself.
How many premierships has Hasler got at the dogs? Ohh that's right zero, nada, zilch. Nothing! He is a good coach no doubt and obviously better than what we have at the moment. But the coach doesn't win games, players do!

And yeah our culture within our current playing group is crap. Who's the captain again? Thats right, D$E. He has to show the way ON the field, he doesn't. The fact is he takes a very large chunk of our cap, therefore we can't fill our team with quality players in more positions. Meaning he had to step up, but he doesn't. And many people including myself are over it.

DCE has underperformed. Then you blame the players around him???? Wtf?
So it's every other players fault that DCE can't control a game? Or kick for touch? Or set the line properly for an attacking move? Or drop out properly? Or inspire? Pfffft.

Your the guy that has a dreadful game and blames the ref, or the pitch or the fact that you have a cold.

Couldnt we have got him for less money and a shorter contract?

Couldnt we have got him for less money and a shorter contract?
You know we could have Hgbcds. Answer this? Why didn't DCE sign that straight away? Then he hesitated, then the contract got pulled. We all know the circus that came after that.

You know we could have Hgbcds. Answer this? Why didn't DCE sign that straight away? Then he hesitated, then the contract got pulled. We all know the circus that came after that.
I thought they pulled it from him.agree he's not playing to good just not blaming the money.The worst thing for me is his kicking game how short and flat are his restarts. I wouldn't mind seeing him at hooker and give jacko a go at halfback

I thought they pulled it from him.agree he's not playing to good just not blaming the money.The worst thing for me is his kicking game how short and flat are his restarts. I wouldn't mind seeing him at hooker and give jacko a go at halfback
It's definitely worth a try. DCE 9, Cullen 7, jacko 6 ?

Ahh it's going to be a long season.

The players must buy in. They must. They must push each other in training, fight for each other on the field, lift to win a game. That comes from them, from not wanting to let the guy next to you down.

Did you ever see our 2009 Toyota Cup side play? They had all of those attributes; they also had the same halfback who's currently copping it for a) not being a part of the 'Manly culture' and b) being in it for himself, not the team.

Know who the guy was that separated himself from that close-knit playing group? Kieran Foran.

Look at the guys from that '09 team who are apparently still the best of mates (going from their social media activity etc) - DCE, Jamie Buhrer, Darcy Lussick. Foran is the odd one out, not DCE - that speaks volumes about who thought they were 'too good' for their peers (and, I suspect, probably also had to do with those guys nailing their colours to the 'family man' pole early on, where KF got in with the 'party boy' faction).

Don't forget, those senior players, who apparently invited Foran to play with the big kids and ostracised DCE, were not the angels they're made out to be - sure, they might've taken pay cuts to stay together (or, more accurately, agreed to delay their big pay days - hence the backended contract debacles), but members of that group were also prepared to screw over the club and their teammates when they didn't get what they wanted.

Whatever your opinion of his on-field form, the continued characterisation of DCE as the stinky kid nobody wants around is a bit far-fetched.

What is it with all these revisionist fairy tales about DCE.

Lets get a few things straight. It was DCE and Foran's combination which was the X factor Manly needed that won them the 2011 premiership. Without them, even despite the fine players they had, I doubt Manly would have made the G/F. He won the Clive Churchill Award in the 2012 G/F after a strong season. He continued to play well through 2013 and 2014, winning the Dally M award for the best Half back in 2014. He's played 11 tests and 6 State of Origins.

In 2015, Manly was faced with the dilemma of having back end contracts on a couple of their older stars and two top line halves which everyone was desperate to keep at Manly and numerous clubs were circling. DCE, I understand, was prepared to sign on for 3 more years at reportedly $700,000. He stated he wanted to stay and was close to signing when the Management withdrew the offer, because they decided Foran was the priority (boy did they get that wrong).

Several sides sought DCE's name the the Titans offered a fortune, and considered they had achieved a major coup for the club, given DCE performances in the previous 4 years (not 1 year). DCE, like Buhrer, like Kite, like Ballin, said he wanted to stay at Manly. His wife and her family are northern beaches people.

Not surprisingly DCE's and Foran's performance's along with most of the team dropped that year with all the turmoil, especially over Toovey. Foran opted for Parramatta (his choice) and suddenly Manly were without either of their young stars. Fulton managed to offer a huge contract at Penn's behest and DCE broke his Titan's contract, not only because of the offer, but because he didnt want to leave in the first place. What did we expect him to do? Break a contract for very big money and other goodies, to come back to Manly for less and face all the Media rubbish he had to face. Everyone seemed happy at Manly back then that he was back, the only positive that year.

Then the disastrous 2016 season for many reasons, the least being DCE's performances. And we keep forgetting he had an ankle injury that kept him out for part of the season and probably was still causing him problems, throughout the season, and may still be causing a little discomfort. Tom Trbojevic, a brilliant prospect, recently signed a contract for at least $750,000 per year and probably more according to some sources. He's never played a test, a SOO, never won a Dally award. Yet his income is not much less than 3/4 of DCE's wage. Full backs are essential, but halfbacks run the show.

Now Tom didnt play up to expectations last year either because of an ankle injury, but we didnt put him down. He's played some good football in patches so far this year, but so has DCE. DCE also had ankle problems and he has a lot more responsibility in the middle of the field than Tom. So why are we giving it to a player who was prepared to cop big criticism to break a contract to come back to Manly. He's been loyal to Manly from the start. And despite the problems he may have had with some older players, there have been no negative reports about him away from the game.

Fair dinkum. We are damned fortunate to have DCE. His form will pick up when the rest of the team start to act like a unit. He's shown before injury and all these problems Manly have been having, that he is one of the best halves in the game. I think he deserves a little more respect from the Manly faithful

...and no I dont know him personally, am not related, and dont have him as a pin up boy. I just believe in fair play.

He Must be close to being the stinky kid that Nobody wants around because everybody in qld dislike him, media commentators are ripping in and the rep selectors do not even give his name a second thought.
Proof is in the pudding when the qld selectors are talking to corey Norman ahead of dce.
Get a grip. He is not performing and his massive contract makes him a bigger target.

DCE has underperformed. Then you blame the players around him???? Wtf?
So it's every other players fault that DCE can't control a game? Or kick for touch? Or set the line properly for an attacking move? Or drop out properly? Or inspire? Pfffft.

Your the guy that has a dreadful game and blames the ref, or the pitch or the fact that you have a cold.

Who's the guy that's what where what the F%@k are you on about. DCE the guy? Me am I that guy? Bloody hell I didn't know I knew you. How you doing 'bro'.

You seem to know a lot but I really do think I know you now. Your that guy on the hill that's throwing the insults one week but come the good times your everyone mate.

I'm not DCE'S one man cheerleader squad by the way. He is paid a **** load of coin and should be doing a lot better but so should the squad around him.

As for hasler that guy bled maroon and white. He and cleal put together a program that gifted us that awsome side that really was the best in the comp.

What's he won since. Your right nothing but one things for sure He's a better coach than what we have right now. And that God awful mongrel dogs side will probably stuff us again this year because of the guy.

I Haven't mentioned Foran at all. not really sure why you have mentioned him?

Yes those senior players went for the money, AFTER DCE kept getting upgrades!! Why wouldn't they, they busted there arses for 8,9,10 yrs. they had the runs on the board, they deserved it, even if it all ended badly.

DCE character? Ahhhh he played Manly vs Titans in his contract debacle like a piano. It took a insanely stupid contract for him to backflip. If he had good character, conviction, honour, he would of stood by his contract with the Titans. Thats good Character is it? Not in my book and not in many many other people's book.

Also.

Just for info of some out there I followed the roos when they won the world cup a few years back all round the UK for work.

I was able to get up and personal with a lot of the players and out of all of them the only guy that took more time to talk to fans or sign autographs than DCE was Cooper cronk. Even then DCE was far more humble and friendly.

Being portrayed as judus must start to gate sometimes. Someone said no one in QLD likes him. I would consider that a win win if you ask me.

The character assassination is getting really old really quick. I don't blame him for taking whatever money he could. You would be a dead set idiot not to and anyone out there that say they wouldn't do the same is lying to themselves.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11