DCE eye gouge ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
They showed some footage on Sky News from after the siren with JB rubbing his eye and DCE shaking an opponent's hand before turning towards JB looking concerned (and probably disappointed about the loss).

I just don't think eye gouging is in DCE's game and certainly not on a mate. Watching it a fews times and if it was intentional I agree with @malroon from the DCE thread that he might have been trying to rip Jamie's headgear off. Given the time it happened also makes this more likely, who would eye gouge someone with what, 10 seconds of the game to go?

Sorry @eagerbeaver but no way will he only get one week for that. Eye gouging isn't exactly a run of the mill charge. And he does have 70 carry over points.

He'll get 3-4 weeks at least.

So, looks like it’s Paseka to half and Sipley to 5/8 next week.

FMD, it’s like lambs to the slaughter.

Anyone for 85-0?
Bring you're boots to the Broncos game brother!, you can take DCEs spot, I'm 5/8. @COMMANDER can come off the interchange as soon as Marty drops his first ball. @Cameron can play to, he'll have a roving commission of basically standing behind the first line of defence calling everyone lazy pricks, and get in their and smash c@nts.
I reckon were better off on the field, we're going to have to put up with some absolute Broncos grubs on the night, unless we can jag a miracle.

Bring you're boots to the Broncos game brother!, you can take DCEs spot, I'm 5/8. @COMMANDER can come off the interchange as soon as Marty drops his first ball. @Cameron can play to, he'll have a roving commission of basically standing behind the first line of defence calling everyone lazy pricks, and get in their and smash c@nts.
I reckon were better off on the field, we're going to have to put up with some absolute Broncos grubs on the night, unless we can jag a miracle.

Mate had enough of them last year, and after a day on the turps by 10pm they are absolute ferals.

Might go to the last round when it’s a Friday night and they are more “ normal”.

DCE will definitely have a case to answer from what I saw. Dumb move

Edit - he has been cleared which is good, but we don't want to be taking chances with the NRL

Last edited:
Sorry @eagerbeaver but no way will he only get one week for that. Eye gouging isn't exactly a run of the mill charge. And he does have 70 carry over points.

He'll get 3-4 weeks at least.

That's just how i see it panning out - time will tell.
If he does get charged - would be interesting to see if JB comes out in his defence and says there was nothing in it, after all apparently they are best mates..

Hmmm...
At regular speed it looks like he pressed his hand on the head gear to push off and the hand twisted. It was there for a millisecond. There was no dragging/clawing.
You could see him saying, 'Sorry mate' to Jamie.
Slowed down and replayed it looks much more sinister.
Interesting times for DCE.
Of course it will be brought up.

I've just watched this a few times. It was incredibly quick. I believe it looked like his finger slipped off the headgear into the eye in the act of getting up. This may be the only thing that saves him. It could have been a complete accident.
He's never come across as an eye-gouging, dirty kind of player.
I hope Jamie's okay.
Unfortunately trial by media will most likely win to appease the masses.
What a horror season!

I've just watched this a few times. It was incredibly quick. I believe it looked like his finger slipped off the headgear into the eye in the act of getting up. This may be the only thing that saves him. It could have been a complete accident.
He's never come across as an eye-gouging, dirty kind of player.
I hope Jamie's okay.
Unfortunately trial by media will most likely win to appease the masses.
What a horror season!
Yes but the sinister grin on DCE's face while all the drama unfolded concerns me. That was a crazy man at work...

And I'll be the coach and banish you lot to reserves!

It was just a face rub you see in a match 40-50 times. He wasn't even looking at Buhrer and probably thought he had his finger in his ear.

Fox and match review must be spending every second reviewing Manly incidents - Can they have the same diligence with all the other teams.

If DCE does get suspended, rumor is he is going to Gladstone for holidays @:p

Yes but the sinister grin on DCE's face while all the drama unfolded concerns me. That was a crazy man at work...
You could be right. The team certainly is more than a tad crazy at the moment.

I tell ya it’s Paseka and half and Sipley at 5/8......FFS why doesn’t ANYONE believe me???

We’ll be right with that combo, if T Rex can play half back so can they!!

I would actually take that QLD Cup premiership winning halves pairing of Hodko and T-Rex for next week

It was just a face rub you see in a match 40-50 times. He wasn't even looking at Buhrer and probably thought he had his finger in his ear.

Fox and match review must be spending every second reviewing Manly incidents - Can they have the same diligence with all the other teams.

If DCE does get suspended, rumor is he is going to Gladstone for holidays @:p
Fox's negative coverage of Manly is conveniently masking the form of
1) the Cows with future immortal JT and the best pack

or even

2) the Dogs with Fiz and a representative pack

Chez, leading around the youngest/ least experienced Team in the NRL, has Manly above both on the ladder @:cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10