DCE eye gouge ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
its not an excuse ... but he is definitely not handling the pressure .... take the captaincy from him .... Joel Thompson has been through a lot and come out the other side & although he has only recently become a sea eagle he has always been a fan ... we could do worse ... in fact we are ... imho

If he is suspended for this then I think Thopson could be a good choice (assuming Jake does not want the job).

If he is suspensed for this then he should no longer be captain. A club decimated by injury and low on numbers, and the captain goes and does something like that.

So stupid.

Yes DCE did get hurt and he does a lot of defensive work every game. But he is not right IMO. Very poor decision making and game management. He is not a Happy Chappy and neither is AFB who was on fire at the beginning of the season. Marty tried hard but made too many dumb errors and there was a lot of one out stuff with very little creativity. For most of the game we looked ordinary in attack with little or no cohesion. Both Jake and Tom looked frustrated. We are a rabble at the moment. Now DCE will be out because his frustration resulted in a brain snap on the hooter. There is a problem within and it needs to be fixed fast! Can’t blame Hastings for last nights debarkle. At 10 - 4 Newcastle looked done and we dumbed out again.

Just throwing this out there.....

I wonder if DCE isn't happy because this is the 2nd time in Barrett's 3rd year as coach that he has lumped him with a 5/8 who has done nothing but force him to play a game he is not suited to which has, for the 2nd time in 3 years, severely affected his and the team's form?

This team is definitely not a happy one whichever way you look at it.

well HV8 isn't it DCE's decision to not want to play with the best one we have

Just throwing this out there.....

I wonder if DCE isn't happy because this is the 2nd time in Barrett's 3rd year as coach that he has lumped him with a 5/8 who has done nothing but force him to play a game he is not suited to which has, for the 2nd time in 3 years, severely affected his and the team's form?

This team is definitely not a happy one whichever way you look at it.
Ill say one interesting thing - remember a few weeks ago DCE mentioned in a presser that having performing players around him winning games would increase everyone's chances at rep footy??? By picking Croker this year TB has made it very difficult for DCE's Origin chances. So yes u bet he's pissed off.

To be fair though, if he's suspended are we even going to miss him? He's been complete rubbish lately and honestly after last nights effort from him I was wondering if he was going to get hooked anyway.

Gladstone might be a pointer. Consider this.....

Barrett imposed a team curfew at the hotel. Then some of the players, including our captain DCE, broke that curfew and went to a strip club.

If DCE was 100% behind Barrett he wouldn't have even thought about breaking team rules, especially not on that scale. As captain he would have been the one trying to stop others going, not joining them.

Looks like his only defence will be that he was not looking at Buhrer when his fingers accidentally slid into Jamies eye sockets.
Terrible look either way, and even worse that it was one of his friends and one of our favorite ex players.

He deserves a few on the sideline for that.

As far as DCE goes, he's definitely not happy and IMO will definitely get a 3-4 week suspension.

As for Trent Barrett.....I've been saying since the Titans loss, I believe he has lost this team.

Barrett imposed a team curfew at the hotel. Then some of the players, including our captain DCE, broke that curfew and went to a strip club.

If DCE was 100% behind Barrett he wouldn't have even thought about breaking team rules, especially not on that scale. As captain he would have been the one trying to stop others going, not joining them.

maybe, but if not ..As captain he should have been the one trying to stop others going, not joining them. .. I don't know ... but I don't think DCE likes the way JH ... almost takes over running the show when he is playing ... its a difficult & complex situation for sure ... and one that is not going to be repaired overnight ... the fact is we are stuck with an expensive player on a long contract who, for whatever reasons ... is not delivering

• 🤝
Reactions: R3

Agree completely. Even in recent pressers DCE's reactions and body language have shown there's a divide between Captain and Coach. Not good.

As far as DCE goes, he's definitely not happy and IMO will definitely get a 3-4 week suspension.

As for Trent Barrett.....I've been saying since the Titans loss, I believe he has lost this team.
Yup sadly if I was the one doing the prosecuting I'd just show an image of poor old Jamie's bleeding eye socket. 'The prosecution rests, ure Honour.'

maybe, but if not ..As captain he should have been the one trying to stop others going, not joining them. .. I don't know ... but I don't think DCE likes the way JH ... almost takes over running the show when he is playing ... its a difficult & complex situation for sure ... and one that is not going to be repaired overnight ... the fact is we are stuck with an expensive player on a long contract who, for whatever reasons ... is not delivering
Suspect you're right re running the show, but we might see JH out there next week without DCE

@nightster , that I can't understand because we've seen it so many times.....DCE plays so much better when someone else is running the show out there.
I think its the way JH barks orders and acts like he is the captain .... I could be wrong ... desperately trying to work this s**t out ... like all of us ... I'm bleeding I played juniors for and I've followed Manly since 1964 !!!
I want another premiership ...
tantrum.gif

Mate, it sounds like too many ego's are getting bruised.

How many points are there on a compass? 360? We seem to be pulling in more directions than that this year. No one seems to be on the same wavelength.

Maybe he will get one week tops.. not a bad thing in the current climate. Hopefully this means blooding a rookie (nothing to lose now), but wouldn't surprise if halves pairing is something Hastings/Koroisau. Should make for an interesting game today for Blacktown. Hopefully Tom Wright can have blinder and show he is ready.
I can see captaincy going to someone like Api.

I tell ya it’s Paseka and half and Sipley at 5/8......FFS why doesn’t ANYONE believe me???

We’ll be right with that combo, if T Rex can play half back so can they!!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10