Dave Smith Quits NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's the good news. (Great news, really.)
The bad news is in this sentence: "The independent commission will undertake a world wide recruitment search to identify a new leader before the start of next season."
Which means there's every chance they'll find another Welsh banker who knows **** all about the game to put in charge.
Too many chiefs in the NRL, all of them dickheads.

Thank God for that. But I just Hope they get someone who knows what they doing this time.

Who do you think would be good.

Fantastic news. Give him some jumping castles to help him bounce his way outta here. Though he's taking huge bags of money with him for delivering nothing.

News tempered by the fact Greenburg may be appointed and that really spells bad news for the nrl.

What does John Grant do? He seems to be the Julie Bishop of the nrl.

Go Tooves!

And with 3 furlongs to go the fast finisher Togg Greenslime is coming up on the outside and is looking likely to win the tri annual " NRL CEO Cup"

FMD I think I'll jump off the Storey Bridge!!

Two shocks in two days. First Cleary and now Smith. Hopefully the NRL will not go down the same path and get someone who has no knowledge about the game. But hopefully that person is not Greenburg or Richardson. I heard Mark Coyne's name mentioned this morning as a possible option. Apparently he has been doing well in the business world. He sounds like an ideal candidate. I am sure Toovey could do well as CEO but I just can't see it happening. It is a little too early for him after his sacking from Manly.

Nothing will change with Smith leaving as they will take months if not years to make a replacement. As they did with organising the commission
The Nrl will continue to run as a ruderless ship always being reactive instead of proactive

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8