Dave Smith Quits NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Greenturd does not have the credentials to negotiate at boardroom level.
That's one thing that Smith had and he blew it by bowing to Nein.

Billion dollar deals are not a chook raffle - watch a Murdoch lackey get headhunted @:cool:

It is a challenge to recruit the "right" person. Get someone from a club background (like a greentberg or even arko) and they will be accused of bias from fans....get someone from outside the game and they will be accused of not understanding the game.

to be honest I am not sure what the solution would be however my preference would be for someone who at least has had some experience in the game rather than a complete outsider

Hopefully Manly has that email trail of the Hasler heist to shame him the moment he gets the job

All 15 decent clubs will riot if he isn't gone by the end of that day

Play your checkmate Manly

Gould won't give up his cushy lucrative TV gig to step into a 24/7 **** fight like running the NRL.

I think Dave Smith worried way too much about growth with a blatant disregard for what the game really stood for. He knew nothing about rugby league culture and went about deconstructing the old culture to suit his vision for a family game. Money...money...money.

Mark Coyne might be a suitable fit. He has the business acumen and experience in the game.

As for Greeberg, definitely not a used car salesman for he has a face only a mother would love and trust. In fact I would go as far and say he looks like a dildo with ears who doesn't have much of a buzz surrounding him.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Excccccccellllllent!1!1!

The NRL missed their chance when AFL hung on to Gil McLachlin , now he's a very smart operator, may have not come up through League ranks but a very savvy CEO.

Anyone think they'll try and poach David Gallop back???

The NRL missed their chance when AFL hung on to Gil McLachlin , now he's a very smart operator, may have not come up through League ranks but a very savvy CEO.

I think Gallop would be happy sitting back watching soccer at the moment. Game has growth, he gets a few good junkets OS to watch internationals...why would he want back into the NRL sh1t fight.

Come on Mark is that a joke? Speaking of Gallop, I laughed the other day when I heard about the womens soccer team have got an interim pay rise. Gallop announced they would NOW get a pay increase equivalent to the minimum basic wage.

Laugh away but I'm serious.
Raelene Castle
Smart, tough operator. Knows the game. Knows sports admin. And Rugby League would take a massive step into the 21st century by having a woman in charge.
Won't happen.

Laugh away but I'm serious.
Raelene Castle
Smart, tough operator. Knows the game. Knows sports admin. And Rugby League would take a massive step into the 21st century by having a woman in charge.
Won't happen.
Agree 100% with you, she won't put up with sh** has the intelligence, administration, loves the game and runs the Bulldogs very well.

That's the good news. (Great news, really.)
The bad news is in this sentence: "The independent commission will undertake a world wide recruitment search to identify a new leader before the start of next season."
Which means there's every chance they'll find another Welsh banker who knows **** all about the game to put in charge.
Too many chiefs in the NRL, all of them dickheads.
Surely Grant has to be the next one to go !!!

I think that vfl Gillon bloke mishandled the Adam Goodes situation. He was a coward for not addressing racism.

Gallop refusing to pay the women's soccer team a fair wage for touring, and a maternity payment for one of them, was another embarrassment for Australia.

They aren't fit to run their own sports, let alone ours.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6