Darcy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I lost respect for darcy after the Gift/Blair incident. A few players came running over initially to break it up and he put in a few cheap shots whilst Blair was being held down, then got up up when the storm arrived and backed right out.

I am glad someone brought up today's effort, very poor and couldn't care if we don't see him in 1st grade again

What rubbish

Where are the cheap shots? Brett flew in with an attempt as did Foz - he was not alone when it came to getting stuck in

It was poor today bit you can not compare something that happened 6 years ago

It happened, there is another shot which shows it where in your video the trainer is in the way.

i didn't compare anything, i simply raised what first gave me a poor impression of darcy.

5:03 & 6:52

Foz didn't throw anything, he just tried to hold Blair. Snake's efforts doesn't look great, but it wasn't a punch as his hand was open as he tried to lassoo Blair around the neck to drag him off fighting Gift. On the ground, only Gift and Darcy are throwing punches.

Last edited:
It happened, there is another shot which shows it where in your video the trainer is in the way.

i didn't compare anything, i simply raised what first gave me a poor impression of darcy.

5:03 & 6:52

Foz didn't throw anything, he just tried to hold Blair. Snake's efforts doesn't look great, but it wasn't a punch as his hand was open as he tried to lassoo Blair around the neck to drag him off fighting Gift. On the ground, only Gift and Darcy are throwing punches.
We are seeing different things - there may have been one punch and even that was nothing. Considering what had happened before it is a pretty harsh judge to have a go at Jim about this incident

I think this sort of behaviour is the result of feeling inadequate in his performances.

Silly stuff yesterday with that ridiculously obvious hair pulling.
A shame really, I thought he was outstanding out of position the week prior and was really getting his season back on track.

lol...c'mon Isz, they showed it and zoomed in on one of the footy shows at the time. 2 punches, count them. He was also suspended for 3 matches for his part in the sideline brawl.

Just the timing of it as we were heavily on the back foot trying to change momentum and does that. After last week all our players would have been told to not give the refs an excuse to give a penalty and that was as dumb as they come.

So disappointing considering how good he was in the back half of last season. With Myles moved on a spot on the top 17 was all but set for him. Have to say that if he was cut from the club i wouldn't care as along with that dumb shoulder charge in Reggies he is park footballer standards atm and not what we need moving forward.

In the perfect world he would have a good think after yesterday and if picked again this season go out there and inspire us into the finals push, especially coming up against 3 very strong fwd packs over the next few games.

Tuesday's team list announcement will be very telling with regards to what happened post game with Darcy and if he was indeed hooked.

lol...c'mon Isz, they showed it and zoomed in on one of the footy shows at the time. 2 punches, count them. He was also suspended for 3 matches for his part in the sideline brawl.

Your memory is correct, he came in from the side and threw a couple of cheapies at a bloke on the ground

I'd knight him though for doing that to a storm player, the initial scrap started as well because he didn't take hinchcliffes ****

Not a fan of hair pulling....was a crap piece of immoral play.
Seen this happen to Kapow a few times also....cheap shot and hard to cheer rubbish like this.
On the flip side, don't think he was bad as some think....actually ran the ball with good aggression at times when Manly were flat.

Last edited:
Not a fan of hair pulling....was a crap piece of immoral play.
Seen this happen to Kapow a few times also....cheap shot and hard to cheer rubbish like this.
On the flip side, don't think he was bad as some think....actually ran the ball with good aggression at times when Manly were flat.
It would be a brave or stupid player to pull Marty's hair

Woods on the other hand would cry if his hair was pulled

I should preface this by saying I have been a fan of Darcy for a while, especially last season when he ripped in every week and seemed to get all the rubbish out of his game. But...

Trying to scalp Woods in full view of the ref while we are behind in the 2nd half of a crucial game? That went safely beyond "dumb penalty" and deserved an entire new category of its own. I'd hate to see something like that cost us a semi later in the year. Does my head in!

I lost respect for darcy after the Gift/Blair incident. A few players came running over initially to break it up and he put in a few cheap shots whilst Blair was being held down, then got up up when the storm arrived and backed right out.

I am glad someone brought up today's effort, very poor and couldn't care if we don't see him in 1st grade again

That is the first time that I can remember anyone getting done for pulling hair. Refs just penalise because it doesn't look good, similar to when they penalise for the big hit when you are on the ground unprotected...the fact is you're fair game.
As for Darcy I love him for his contribution to the battle of Brookie. There was no Jason King there that night and I was thinking who is going to lead the pack against the storm.......and along comes this young fellow that took it to them all night and never took a backward step. Still does each week, rarely misses tackles and available always to take it up. Not getting the yards he used to but I'm prepared to wait for some extra game fitness to kick in over the coming weeks. His time Verses Saints, Storm and Roosters in coming weeks will show what he's made of. Good Luck to him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8