Pre-Game Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 46
Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Seems like Des is treating this like a full dress rehearsal before the finals. I can see why he would man this team apposed to resting players a week out. Momentum is massive and very hard to stop and I’m thinking he wants the boys starting to all hit their straps leading in.

This is going to be very exciting to watch
Yeah, I'd prefer going in off the back of wins rather than losses like Melbourne are flirting with (although I think they will beat the Sharks). I don't care if we win by one point on Saturday, I just want no injuries or suspensions.

If we do, we can beat the Storm provided we cut out the errors. Then Melbourne would revert to Penrith's side of the draw and we face a lesser side to make the GF. It's possible.

Here is something interesting. We're all pretty much agreeing that this is our strongest side. But ... how does it compare to what many thought was our strongest 17 in the pre-season???

Tom Trbojevic, Jason Saab, Dylan Walker, Moses Suli, Reuben Garrick, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Taniela Paseka, Lachlan Croker, Martin Taupau, Curtis Sironen, Jack Gosiewski, Jake Trbojevic. Bench - Cade Cust, Josh Aloiai, Andrew Davey, Morgan Boyle.

Walker is now on the bench as a utility
Suli is now only on the reserves list
Paseka is on the bench, but that's largely due to his late season injury
Siro is only on the reserves list
Jetski and Cust are not even on any list
Davey and Boyle missed pretty much the entire season through injury.
No Parker, no Harper, no Olakau'atu, no Schuster and no Lawton in that side.
This side is almost exactly the side I wanted to see named in week 1. The only thing i wanted different was Cust for Croker, and maybe Walker for Parker.

Seems like Des is treating this like a full dress rehearsal before the finals. I can see why he would name this team apposed to resting players a week out. Momentum is massive and very hard to stop and I’m thinking he wants the boys starting to all hit their straps leading in.

This is going to be very exciting to watch
Interesting when you look at our Top 28 as posted by @Jethro ( not including Boyle and Davey ) that the only two players that haven't had a taste of first grade this year are Jorge and Koula. I think Tuipolotou had a cameo as 18th man.
Des has mixed up his 18-21 quite a bit too over the year probs to keep them keen.

Surely on recent form it's all systems go.

If we got top 4 wrapped up by Friday night, it'd be so stupid to even risk an uneccesary injury in such a meaningless game. Looking at the reserves, maybe Suli for Tom, and Siro for Schuster. Two of our game-breakers. And then during the game after like half time, take off Chez and Foz.

If we got top 4 wrapped up by Friday night, it'd be so stupid to even risk an uneccesary injury in such a meaningless game. Looking at the reserves, maybe Suli for Tom, and Siro for Schuster. Two of our game-breakers. And then during the game after like half time, take off Chez and Foz.
If we have top 4 secured I'd be resting Chez and Turbo before anyone else. I think we have decent depth in the other positions but these 2 can't be replaced.

This looks like the team for week one of the semi finals.

Des has gotta give Lawton, Paseka and Keppie almost all the 2nd half, if we have a match winning lead by half time.

Looks like no one in the backline for a rest, unless Turbo comes off for Walker early.

Hard to guess what the psychological impact of being away from home for so long would be on these guys. Even with a few niggles, training, sitting around a pool, twiddling your thumbs for two weeks without playing could seem a very long time and worse than actually getting a run. As much as they have their Des free time, playing has to be such a focus for them at the moment in that environment.
Anyone here who've been on long sports tours have any thoughts on this?

If we are in 4th place after 25 rounds, we will play the minor premiers on Friday 10th September. This will be a 6 day turnaround for all our players. Possible scenarios:
  • The Storm would have a 7 day turnaround with 8 fresh players in their side: Cameron Munster, Josh Addo-Carr, Christian Welch, Felise Kaufusi, Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Reimis Smith & Tom Eisenhuth.
  • The Panthers would have a 6 day turnaround for all their players.

Last edited:
If we are in 4th place after 25 rounds, we will play the minor premiers on Friday 10th September. This will be a 6 day turnaround for all our players. Possible scenarios:
  • The Storm would have a 7 day turnaround with 8 fresh players in their side: Cameron Munster, Josh Addo-Carr, Christian Welch, Felise Kaufusi, Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Reimis Smith & Tom Eisenhuth.
  • The Panthers would have a 6 day turnaround for all their players.
Interesting. Some of the storm rested players are actually injured (eg addo-Carr). Same with parra (gutho limping), so they may not be fresh as a daisy.

Im in favour of playing the team as named, what ever the situation. What I would change is the amount of time the bench players play. Des has a habit of only giving them minimal time, some times none at all. I would have bench playing big minutes.

My gut (and its a big one) says Des may wait to see what happens to the Eels and Roosters before Manly's game. If they both lose, he'll either rest a few including Turbo or they will get only short minutes. That's from the gut (and a big one at that)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12