Pre-Game Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 46
Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 4th September 2021

Venue:
.... Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

Gates Open:....TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... North Queensland Cowboys vs Manly Sea Eagles - 5:30pm.

TICKETING

Click Here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

17. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Karl Lawton
16. Sean Keppie
18. Toafofoa Sipley

Reserves:
19. Moses Suli

Out:
08. Josh Aloiai
20. Curtis Sironen
21. Kurt De Luis

Available But Not Selected:
  • Cade Cust
  • Jack Gosiewski
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Zac Saddler
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
  • Kaeo Weekes - Development Player.

Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:
(Updated: Thursday, 26 August 2021)

• Sean Keppie (Personal, Round 25)
  • Taniela Paseka (Ankle, Round 25)
  • Tevita Funa (Suspension, Finals)
  • Morgan Boyle (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Andrew Davey (Knee, Next Season)
  • Manase Fainu (Stood down, Indefinite)

BWSE Injured or Unavailable:
  • Sione Fainu - Development Player (Lisfranc Operation, TBA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My team against the Cowgirls:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawtson
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley

My team against the Cowgirls:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawtson
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley
Give Harpo a rest and replace him with Suli.
I hope Walker is picked at centre because I've heard so much about him being picked for Australia as centre in 2016 I think it was. Or was it 2015?
I know some poster remember it like it was yesterday.

The Cowboys looked pretty good once they got into the game against Saints.

They could trouble Manly if they get a roll on because they will be carefree. Other than Harper I’d say keep them all on deck but if the W is assured give Turbo, Foz and DCE early showers.

Combos are so important.

NYEagle

I watched the Cowboys game on Fox , this ain’t going to be easy , they are much much better than their position on the ladder.

AND, it’s at their home ground.

MIGOTY
I can very easily see us dropping this game, it really depends how much we really want top 4.

Cowboys opened tonight at $13.00 with sports bet us $1.03 crazy price for cowboys if you ask me .

If Parra and Easts both lose - I reckon a few might get a rest next week.
The problem we have is that we will have had to cut our squad of 21 down before we know if our match with the 'Boys is important or not. (I'm not sure of the NRL edict/timing but I think we need to nominate 19 players a day or so before the match) If we knew we didn't have to win then I'd imagine DESpicable would like to give players such as Tenterfield, DeLuxe, Con, Tippytoes and Koala a run.

I would like to see the following "rests" made for this game:
Harper out suli in
Foz out cust in
Croker to bench, Lawton start
Sipley out paseka in
Sironen out keppie in
Think the top 3 changes/ guys could do with a freshen up and the last 2 need game time.

Still think we can win with that side
In terms of workload this year, Croker, Garrick and Saab haven't missed a game. Marty has missed one and DCE only missed a couple because of Origin. I reckon DCE could do with a freshen up before the finals, he has had a solid year of footy. Start Lawton at hooker and play Croker at 7, or bring in Con. Hopefully Tent is fit and ready, I'd be giving him a run and spelling Marty. Play Sipley and make him start and work hard in defence. Keppie needs a run if clear to play, so he comes in for Siro. I'm happy for Suli to give Harper a breather too. Once the game is in the bag put Tommy on ice FFS.

I would like to see the following "rests" made for this game:
Harper out suli in
Foz out cust in
Croker to bench, Lawton start
Sipley out paseka in
Sironen out keppie in
Think the top 3 changes/ guys could do with a freshen up and the last 2 need game time.

Still think we can win with that side
Completely agree. Would rest Marty too with Paseka and Keppie back.

In terms of workload this year, Croker, Garrick and Saab haven't missed a game. Marty has missed one and DCE only missed a couple because of Origin. I reckon DCE could do with a freshen up before the finals, he has had a solid year of footy. Start Lawton at hooker and play Croker at 7, or bring in Con. Hopefully Tent is fit and ready, I'd be giving him a run and spelling Marty. Play Sipley and make him start and work hard in defence. Keppie needs a run if clear to play, so he comes in for Siro. I'm happy for Suli to give Harper a breather too. Once the game is in the bag put Tommy on ice FFS.
I’d give DCE the first half and then sub him off for Walker or Croker in the second half. He’s so crucial, can set the game up well for us.

If Parra and Easts both lose - I reckon a few might get a rest next week.
Problem is, Parra game being on Friday, we will already have to have our squad cut to 19. So at most we can have 2 reserves to come on. I think off the bat from Team list Tuesday, we rest Marty, since we got both Keppie and Paseka back. But I'd keep the rest full strength till hopefully, Easts and Eels both lose and we can chuck like Christian Tui and Cust for both Tom and DCE. Because imagine if we lose one of them to injury in the most meaningless of meaningless games, absolutely no worth playing either of them at all. In fact after 20 minutes into the game, take foz off for walker, crocker off for lawton and like Schuster for Siro. Gotta get out of that cowboys game injury and suspension free at all cost.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12