Cooper Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Would suggest any back up who is proven or decent will want more than more than the min wage. Also they may want an opportunity to play first grade which may not happen with us

Not sure why there is so much heat on this - if it happens it a depth signing to replace the body of foz. In a squad make up they have decided they need a certain no of halves of which he would be...it does not mean he would be first off if there is an injury etc
Agreed. But I can sort of understand the frustration. It seems our whole recruitment is 'depth' signings and we all secretly hope for that big fish that will be a game-changer (BK, Killer,etc). Obviously won't happen anytime soon but Dean Matterson, Austin Dias, and Cooper Johns doesn't exactly scream success. Tuilagi, Condon are our marquee signings so yeah it's a little comical. Either invest completely in your juniors and/or go hard for quality outside. If we had a Wayne Bennett or a Bellamy-style set up we could probably get away with recruiting reserve graders but... as they say it's just a depth signing lol

Agreed. But I can sort of understand the frustration. It seems our whole recruitment is 'depth' signings and we all secretly hope for that big fish that will be a game-changer (BK, Killer,etc). Obviously won't happen anytime soon but Dean Matterson, Austin Dias, and Cooper Johns doesn't exactly scream success. Tuilagi, Condon are our marquee signings so yeah it's a little comical. Either invest completely in your juniors and/or go hard for quality outside. If we had a Wayne Bennett or a Bellamy-style set up we could probably get away with recruiting reserve graders but... as they say it's just a depth signing lol
I do think though that our coaching “ limbo” would not have helped our recruiting one bit.

Imagine player A asking the recruiters about next years coaching team , say a month ago.

“ So will Des be the coach next year “

Ah, maybe , maybe not.

“ so who will the coach be “

Ah, maybe Des , if not could be Seibold or Flanagan.

“ oh ok , well whose going to be the assistant “

Ah, dunno

“ so if Des goes will Donny Singe still be the head trainer “

Ah, dunno , maybe , maybe not.

“ oh ok , sorry gotta go the Dolphins are on the other line “.

He is one of our juniors who ended up debuting for Melbourne, so at least now if he is going to be any good it is at manly not melbourne.

I do think though that our coaching “ limbo” would not have helped our recruiting one bit.

Imagine player A asking the recruiters about next years coaching team , say a month ago.

Ah, maybe , maybe not.

Ah, dunno

I reckon you've secretly recorded those conversations.

Depth signing actually means you can play at this level I have seen nothing in his career even as a junior that would indicate he is worth a contract.

We have far to many of these "depth" players who are just duds in our top 30. He would be lucky to get a game for Blacktown.

Don't let the last name seduce you he has nothing to offer in the nrl. Lovely kid met him a few times just a dud footballer.

No Way Kid GIF by MOODMAN

it’s a no from me

Ah, maybe , maybe not.

Ah, dunno

Lol. That’s hilarious

Cust wouldn't be all that cheap anymore, and I imagine he'd only come back to Australia to play NRL, not as a backup.
Yep totally agree not a backup I would just like him back at the club. Anyhow I'm sure we have some money in the cap now, after loosing Foran, Taupou, Walker thats freed up around $2M and surely we can buy a 1 or 2 big name players but with all the drama at Manly who would want to come

My question is who in our office suggested him and does seibold have a say in the signing..are seibolds and johns managed by the same guy?

Not sure why everyone is complaining, Johns might not be a big name signing but he has played 11 NRL games in my eyes that beats the dud Ron Massey Cup signings we have made in the past for our Cup Side. I'd rather Johns then some journey man half that has played at every club across the state. Welcome back to the Northern Beaches Coops

Last edited:
In our club we need to fill the roster with 30 players including a number on min wage

In this instance they could either go for

1. A kid with little or no experience but upside and potential (which we have in humphries)
2. A journey man looking for a contract who could "do a job" but with little upside

For a balanced roster, and if they see something in humphries, why would they bring in someone

In our club we need to fill the roster with 30 players including a number on min wage

In this instance they could either go for

1. A kid with little or no experience but upside and potential (which we have in humphries)
2. A journey man looking for a contract who could "do a job" but with little upside

For a balanced roster, and if they see something in humphries, why would they bring in someone
Maybe Johns can play dummy half

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10