Connor Watson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I am not so sure Garrick is that much better than Watson at fullback from what I have seen. Watson is more of a schemer than Garrick around the middle of the ruck.

Even if Garrick is better, I actually think we lose a fair bit when Garrick is not on the wing - Parker is not great there at all. So a Watson FB, Garrick W > Garrick FB, Parker W for mine.

Btw, Kurt Mann is ok imo - pretty decent 5/8, centre and FB cover for his salary.
Fair point but we can cover wing for a lot less than Watson is asking. He needs to be a top 13 player if we are gonna pay enough to beat out the Knights/Roosters, only see him as bench utility for us and we have comparable options already for less money.

Fair point but we can cover wing for a lot less than Watson is asking. He needs to be a top 13 player if we are gonna pay enough to beat out the Knights/Roosters, only see him as bench utility for us and we have comparable options already for less money.
You're right, it will (and always does) come down to dollars. I was thinking we could pick him up for $300-350k, but this may be fanciful. Kind of like me on the stock market these days, hoping to buy in at a cheap price....

NRL Transfer News: Knights utility Connor Watson linked to Roosters
Newcastle and their utility star Connor Watson are poised to split - and he’s been linked to a powerful Sydney club.

Dean Ritchie

Newcastle and their utility star Connor Watson are poised to split - and that could mean a homecoming at the Sydney Roosters.

Off contract after this season, Watson and the Knights have been talking regularly about a possible new deal but both parties cannot reach a suitable conclusion.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the Roosters and Manly had shown some preliminary interest in Watson.

There are now suggestions the Roosters’ curiosity has increased.

Watson played 38 games for the Roosters in 2016 and ‘17 before shifting to the Knights.

He could be used as a number 14 off the bench at Bondi.

No deal has been struck with any club. Should he leave, Watson would join a new club from the start of next season.

A fine utility player, who could start or come off the bench, Watson is hoping to secure a new deal which spans two to three years.

Newcastle’ offer for Watson fell well short of what the player expected. There had been a revised deal lodged.

There have also been reports linking Watson to Cronulla. And just last week, Watson was being mentioned as a possible Wests Tigers recruit.

The Knights may have one last crack at Watson on Tuesday before both parties reluctantly agree to separate.

Just last month, Watson, 25, took the unusual step of personally contacting head coaches at rival clubs. Watson represented NSW Country in 2017.

Watson has played every game this season for Newcastle.

@KNUCKLES

Have never liked Watson - he embodies mediocrity in every sense. He is not good in any one option - he merely fills in ‘as good enough because we have nothing else’ in a number of positions. When you have Lawton, Walker and Cust as utility options - Watson is worse than all of them?
Biff, is that you?

Too high a price for me. The super utility APPEARS a must have under the new rules but we have Lawton and dumping Walker to fund a couple of other similar young guys is prudent. Don't forget we still need another 9 and a back-up FB as well. Watson is is not a viable signing moving forward...especially because of the way his manager appears to be pricing him. The spine is still where you need to spend your money.

No thanks. He's a good runner for a small guy but no passing game, which a 14 needs in the modern era. If Manly has shown any interest its probably just to drive Walker's price down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11