Connor Watson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pepi

Bencher
Apparently Roosters and Manly have shown interest in Watson. I would like to see Jake move to front row and put Watson in the lock forward role.

Probably won't sign with us, but why would the Roosters want him when they already have Radley in that role?

I had access a minute ago now it's a paid article..

I've always liked Connor Watson as a player, but he has bulked up a little too much which has taken a bit of his attacking spark away. I wouldn't be against him signing but he is just another Lawton/Walker bench utility. Do we need another one ??

The lock option is an interesting one, but I think I'd rather Jake there on current form.

Apparently Roosters and Manly have shown interest in Watson. I would like to see Jake move to front row and put Watson in the lock forward role.

Probably won't sign with us, but why would the Roosters want him when they already have Radley in that role?

They want a 14

Lawton is the same player minus a bit of first grade experience. Knights have tabled an offer and he is holding out for more. Don't know what his asking rate is but got a feeling he isn't worth it.
Watson can pinch hit at fullback if required - so he offers a bit more cover in the backs than Lawton. I think there is space for both of them in the squad though.

Watson can pinch hit at fullback if required - so he offers a bit more cover in the backs than Lawton. I think there is space for both of them in the squad though.
Bench would be
14. Watson
15. Lawton
16. Aloiai
17. Sipley

He is living with ponga and is managed by pongas dad.
That aside I like him. Has good defence and can attack well.

Jake wont be moving to prop - not a chance!

Garrick > Watson at fullback. Just because the Knights play him there doesn't mean he is any good, their next best option is Kurt Mann.
I am not so sure Garrick is that much better than Watson at fullback from what I have seen. Watson is more of a schemer than Garrick around the middle of the ruck.

Even if Garrick is better, I actually think we lose a fair bit when Garrick is not on the wing - Parker is not great there at all. So a Watson FB, Garrick W > Garrick FB, Parker W for mine.

Btw, Kurt Mann is ok imo - pretty decent 5/8, centre and FB cover for his salary.

Have never liked Watson - he embodies mediocrity in every sense. He is not good in any one option - he merely fills in ‘as good enough because we have nothing else’ in a number of positions. When you have Lawton, Walker and Cust as utility options - Watson is worse than all of them?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8