Coaching Dominoes - Cowboys sack Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Who would want to coach an NRL team.
We already have Kearney and Pay punted.

Today Green gets punted.

By seasons end it’s almost certain Seibold and McGregor will be added to the list

Who would want to coach an NRL team.
We already have Kearney and Pay punted.
What other profession can you be sacked in disgrace and still get an even more highly paid job at a different employer?
I reckon it is the best (read that as unprofessional) profession there is.

Would be hilarious if they announced the signing of Barrett from under the doggies noses. Would be a better fit for Trent too.

Manly use to be the coach killers, I think during our last dominating period a few were sacked after a heavy defeat after playing against us.
Green obviously saw our game against the Eels and thought "Manly are back’, I’m getting out before they put 50 on us ",even without AFB. (tounge firmly planted in cheek....or is it?:oops:).

PS: I hate playing a team whose coach has just been sacked , it always makes them lift for some reason!!

True, can also go the other way, teams who liked their coach get deflated or cranky wiht the club. Hopefully the cows are one of those. Havnt been hearing too many issues coming out of up North.

Let's hope they protest this week and decide to not play. Espically JT. :)

being reported that the Assistant Coach, David Tangata-Toa will be place holder for their last 10 games (yes last 10, they aint playing finals).

Wouldn't surprise me if the Walker bros get the gig.

Two grand finals in five years, including their first victory, which would make sacking him seem a little harsh. Then again, he had good talent and they've always struggled for consistency. His fault? Players' fault?

I actually thought NQLD showed a bit in the 50 odd minutes I saw.

The thing is, if a club is thinking about axing a coach, they should do it quickly because if they don't, they might be left with the dregs of coaching candidates...

I reckon the Dogs would be better to appoint Paul Green. Same with NZ. He will find somewhere, no doubt.

Cows tried hard yesterday because it was pretty much their last shot at being in finals contention. But they came up short so hopefully are a bit deflated by that.
They do have some young, dangerous talent though, we'll need to aim up again. If they start well they may play with freeedom and cause us big problems.

being reported that the Assistant Coach, David Tangata-Toa will be place holder for their last 10 games (yes last 10, they aint playing finals).

Wouldn't surprise me if the Walker bros get the gig.
Walker Bros are short priced favourites for Warriors according to some reports i have heard

But that was before this opportunity presented itself. However I'd be surprised if the Cowboys weren't anything other than conservative when replacing green. The Walkers may be too radical in their approach

Just in time for the Manly v cowboys game.

Maybe they think the "teams always win the game after firing their coach" saying is true.

Paul Green has been axed as Cowboys head coach and will depart the role immediately, it was announced on Monday.

Green confirmed his exit the day after North Queensland were beaten 22-10 by ladder-leading Penrith. He was reportedly tapped on the shoulder last week, yet still coached on Sunday.

"After seven years as head coach it is with a heavy heart that I make this announcement," Green said in a club statement.

"The board felt that the club was at a juncture where they needed to move in a different direction, and I can only respect their views.

"Whilst this is obviously disappointing news, I am grateful to the board for allowing me to lead this club whilst creating some lifelong memories. I will use this next period to freshen up, spend some time with my family and assess options before moving on to my next coaching role."

Former Broncos and Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has been touted as a possible permanent replacement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8