Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
For goodness sake: I support a football team. Nothing more. I have done for more than 60 years. My support has never had anything to do with race, creed, politics. If I want to consider or discuss any of these issues I have plenty of other avenues to do it.
If the "person" standing next to me on the Hill at Brookie is a Manly supporter that is all I need to know. If the player is wearing a Manly jersey I know who to support.
It's simple. So why has the club complicated things?
I hear you but what is so much more complicated about this jersey compared to the indigenous jersey or the women in league jersey or the crazy socks for mental health?

The people that need to walk (or be shoved) are the idiots that didn’t think carefully enough about this before trying it on. Regardless of your opinion, there should have been more consultation. Dumb.
They can go too... absolute **** show but these blokes are supposed to striving as a team to deliver our club a premiership but instead they are prepared to get paid and sit because of a coloured stripe... beyond disappointing and this has convinced me that this team will NEVER succeed....

Congratulations to all our players

All our players that support the Jersey colors and the ones that do not

Congratulations to all of them that have the courage to stand up for their views

To the Manly people at the club responsible for this dumb political and divisional marketing mess
You should all hang your heads in shame

They can go too... absolute **** show but these blokes are supposed to striving as a team to deliver our club a premiership but instead they are prepared to get paid and sit because of a coloured stripe... beyond disappointing and this has convinced me that this team will NEVER succeed....
It’s clearly more than a coloured strip. We all know that - that’s why it’s there. And it clearly means more to these guys than It does to either you or I. I’m against it because it’s woke virtue signalling that I believe doesn’t belong in sport. They’re against it for the strong religious beliefs. And TBH I’d bet London to a brick, that they’d forgo their pay if they had to - because they believe what they believe so strongly. You say they’re not committed - I actually think they’re highly committed - you would have to be, to do what they’re doing and to face what they’re facing now. You watch it he feral media and the ‘tolerant’ left go after them now. Life is about to get very ****ed up for them.

No one is marginalised any more . . All people have their rights now

I am highly dissapointed at the ignorance and arrogance of the decision makers of our club that
have made this divisional and dumb move without player consultation or board approval
Hi Bozo, Honestly mate what you are saying is not 100% correct in this instance. I've spent years working in crisis intervention and there's thousands of young adults being marginalised by family and friends everyday. Many of them dealing with depression and suicidal ideation. You always come across as a fairly decent bloke, I hope you can take a few moments to reflect on their plight...cheers

It’s clearly more than a coloured strip. We all know that - that’s why it’s there. And it clearly means more to these guys than It does to either you or I. I’m against it because it’s woke virtue signalling that I believe doesn’t belong in sport. They’re against it for the strong religious beliefs. And TBH I’d bet London to a brick, that they’d forgo their pay if they had to - because they believe what they believe so strongly. You say they’re not committed - I actually think they’re highly committed - you would have to be, to do what they’re doing and to face what they’re facing now. You watch it he feral media and the ‘tolerant’ left go after them now. Life is about to get very ****ed up for them.
Serves the weak pr*cks right if it does... they have let everybody in this club down because they want to grandstand... they could have released a statement saying that they hold strong religious beliefs that (insert bigotry justification here) but were committed to Manly... but no, they are prepared to blow up our season because they had to wear a coloured stripe...
I hope we win this week and every one of the pr*cks has played their last game in our jersey whether the stripes are rainbow, white or any other stupid design that the muppets in the back office e have produced this year...
Guac and koula are the only talent losses anyways - the rest are broken, fat, sh*t or a mixture of the 3...

Hi Bozo, Honestly mate what you are saying is not 100% correct in this instance. I've spent years working in crisis intervention and there's thousands of young adults being marginalised by family and friends everyday. Many of them dealing with depression and suicidal ideation. You always come across as a fairly decent bloke, I hope you can take a few moments to reflect on their plight...cheers
I have volunteered to assist with street kids from broken homes taking meals to them organised by the church feathered friend

Broken kids from broken homes
Broken kids from poor homes
Broken kids from rich homes
Broken kids with white skin
Broken kids with dark Skin
Broken straight kids
and Broken gay kids

When it comes to broken hearts out there . There is no discrimination
And every broken person out there wants to be respected and loved

I hope some people at our club can read this and proudly display our legendary club Maroon and white colors for all Humanity

Imagine the optics of letting 7 blokes dictate the values that your club supports... the club had no choice once the decision was made... as they have no choice now but to move these guys on...
No choice ? You seriously think this makes the 7ish players positions untenable at the club. Really.

That's a hot take

We have a very important game against the roosters

And our Genius Manly Marketing Gurus have got all of us focusing on their great marketing venture instead of our next great game

FMD !!!

I see Des is allegedly supporting the Sit Out Seven and their decision not to play. What is everyone's take on that ??

No choice ? You seriously think this makes the 7ish players positions untenable at the club. Really.

That's a hot take
I do... there is absolutely no way that the club could can the jersey based on the reluctance of these blokes to wear it... the jersey is/was a statement of club values...
Whether you agree/disagree with it, the club had no option but to remain committed to it...
Personally I feel that, regardless of whether they ever put rainbow stripes on the jersey again, that disconnect of values between players and club is irreparable... having said that, decisions in recent years make me question what true values our club retains - so who knows where it ends up...

What a shame this whole situation is.
Hopefully some good can come of this.
Will be very disappointing if those blokes don’t play.

I see Des is allegedly supporting the Sit Out Seven and their decision not to play. What is everyone's take on that ??
Given Polynesian players account for what 40%.of players and a significant majority of them may hold similar views it seems incongruous that any club could afford to alienate that many potential players and hope to be in any way successful by marginalising Polynesian.players ( which is what would happen if we did as some are bizarrely suggesting on here and " just get rid of them" )

No club would do this.....of course not many clubs will dance so willingly into the mine field either....but hey that's us isn't it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8