Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As someone who works in marketing for part of their role it is fanciful to think this decision was made without the knowledge of everyone
Well, every other "alternate" jersey was promoted weeks and even months ahead of their time in the sun. This one is sprung 3 days out from the game... So sounds like they knew a ****storm was coming and held it back as long as possible.

After reading this thread I'm beginning to wonder whether there was something to those conspiracy theories about the COVID vaccine and it's potential side effects. Just took 12 months or so to kick in.

Well this Thursday is looking very likely that Manly will be flogged 20+ at home. Makes me wonder how many supporters will turn up to watch our reserve grade team. 😑

Before this morning i had no idea that we had an alternate jersey this week, any other members get an email/notification? Game’s on Thursday and Monday morning the jersey is revealed. To be the first club to venture into this you would think they would have asked the board for approval at least, but true to Manly form just announce it to everyone else before your own organisation and try to play catch up to put out the fire. Not to mention the potential de-railment of the season just before the team list is announced with ptentially 7 players sitting this one out. Hope Jake, Croker and Davey are available but the backline players are going to be hard to fill.
There is no way that this was just announced via social media - the owners and CEO would have known plus a heap of secondary staff

Part of my role is looking after a marketing team. This stuff (considering the supply chain logistics, players etc) is complex and takes time

Well, every other "alternate" jersey was promoted weeks and even months ahead of their time in the sun. This one is sprung 3 days out from the game... So sounds like they knew a ****storm was coming and held it back as long as possible.
Considering we had the Pepsi one the week before my guess is they tried to get the most out of that before rolling onto the next

I am wondering if the club actually made this decision? Personally, I doubt that we have anyone on the books in PR/Marketing with the capacity to "come out" with such an innovative concept. The organisation that will benefit most from this decision worldwide (yes, it will resonate internationally), is Direct Sports. Coincidentally, they are currently expanding internationally, and the dollar value of the publicity they will receive in key markets worldwide will be priceless.

"The first ever pride themed NRL jersey.
This concept is something I have driven for a number of years. It didn't make sense to me that every year there was a women in league round, and there was never a nod to the other parts of society who make up sport.
The jersey is all about acceptance and inclusion, specifically touching on the LGBTQ community.
I am very grateful to Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for backing this concept and getting behind it!
When we started Dynasty Sport we wanted to be more than just an apparel provider, this is just the latest proof of that vision"
Tyler Rakich
Direct Sports

Link to Business Check info on Direct Sports Direct Sports Limited, Takapuna, NZ - Company Info

Last edited:
One is a choice the other is not

One group is marginalised for their lifestyle (which is not a choice) the other is not.

When this first happened I was proud of the club in trying to stand for something more than winning games. I was hopeful that this could be the start of some meaningful change in an ongoing fashion

Now I am highly disappointed
No one is marginalised any more . . All people have their rights now

I am highly dissapointed at the ignorance and arrogance of the decision makers of our club that
have made this divisional and dumb move without player consultation or board approval

Considering we had the Pepsi one the week before my guess is they tried to get the most out of that before rolling onto the next
Thats not even true.
Pepsi jersey promoted 7th July, worn 22nd July. More than 2 weeks in advance.

If the board, players and coach didn't know about the decision then the board needs to how some leadership and sack the marketing dept immediately and revert back to our normal jersey for Thursday

What a **** shows the club is and has been since the Penns bought into it

What this situation and all the negative incidents that have occurred today,just proves how weak and out of touch NRL HQ is.Why were Manly allowed to wear an alternative jersey,just out of the blue like this?Do the NRL have any control?

There is no way that this was just announced via social media - the owners and CEO would have known plus a heap of secondary staff

Part of my role is looking after a marketing team. This stuff (considering the supply chain logistics, players etc) is complex and takes time
Your probably right that management would have known but i found out via a FB video on the MWSE page, as a paying member how hard is it to send of an email? By the sounds of things these 7 players found out today otherwise the media would have latched onto this much earlier. Something is off

1658748974823.png

I can't believe that in this day & age, antiquated fairytales written in the Middle East over 2000 years ago can hold so much sway in western society.

Gay is a thing, it's been a thing since before those aforementioned fairytales were written.

It's not a choice - who would choose to be ridiculed & marginalised for their entire life by "deciding" to become gay?

I love the hypocrisy of religion - peace, love & mung beans to all UNLESS you believe in a different god or follow a different version of church or are gay, but hey, gambling & alcohol is fine.

Ridiculous - maybe these poeple who are so offended by the concept of this jersey should see this as an opportunity to examine their beliefs & question WHY their belief system is so full of prejudices?
For goodness sake: I support a football team. Nothing more. I have done for more than 60 years. My support has never had anything to do with race, creed, politics. If I want to consider or discuss any of these issues I have plenty of other avenues to do it.
If the "person" standing next to me on the Hill at Brookie is a Manly supporter that is all I need to know. If the player is wearing a Manly jersey I know who to support.
It's simple. So why has the club complicated things?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8