1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cherry

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bennyeagle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 8
    My confidence in manly keeping cherry is fading, don't get me wrong I think we may but as each day passes abut of that confidence leaves, Nrl on fox had matty bring the topic straight up to cherry who very calmly stated the truth, which was he wasn't happy with the offer, if manly cant realise that you should just give him the keys to manly then be done with it, the kid should already be signed up ! Erks me that our admin can't handle any if these negotiations professionally !!!

2. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    He did sound a bit like a politician; obviously well schooled by his grub manager.

Other than the contract talks he comes off spectacularly well, both Daley and Wolf did beautifully.

Nice suits, well spoken, and amusing, unlike the pogs from other clubs who turn up in polos and can't string a sentence together.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    We can't really cook books can we? We will offer him the best contract we can. You would have rocks in your head not to realise how good the kid is, and the club knows that.

Everything that can be done, will be done, I vote we sit back and enjoy the ride and times that we do have him for

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    I hope he is not going to be a gready little **** and walk out for 50k more elsewhere

5. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    He will be in Brisbane in 2014, I'd bet my lefty on it.

6. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    The thing is, he is signed until the end of 2013. Now, i agree that he needs to be signed up long time on good money, as with Foz, but, it seems wrong that, we have to negotiate a new contract now while a current one which is in place, and doesn't expire for 2 years is causing the drama.

Yes i get that it needs to be done, but not signing a new one until he gets more money now just doesn't seem right. The price of him rising to a super star i guess.

I am not having a shot at him, as i think he deserves it, i think the system itself sucks

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    Brisbane have resigned wallace and norman and hunt dont see why they would go after him if they resigned those three

8. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I think we are offering him alot less then what he is worth. Im sure he would not go for 50k more but i think its closer to 100k+

9. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Apparently he asked for a release!!!

10. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,391 / 36
    Paul Kunt just announced on NRL on fox that DCE has asked for a release

11. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    As if he'd disclose that to Paul Kent.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Would he be silly enough to walk past Paul Kent and tell him that?

13. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I dont believe the merkin

14. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    are you referring to Des? Speaking of Des. I heard him on the radio today. In the past when I was interested in what he had to say. I didn't mind his lack of fluency. Now i no longer care, the muttering stuttering babble he speaks is funny. There was a moment today where I wish I had a pen to write down his exact words. But he was babbling on about how good the warriors are and that they are the benchmark. He went on to say something like " They are a side that can score more Then they can have  scored against them. That makes them a real chance"
    itonstein at work

• Like Like x 1
  15. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +267 / 8
    League week also stated that he asked for a release, crazy stuff, get off your ass manly, if we lose cherry you lose dollars for my membership ! Wake up !!!

16. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    This was in RLW a few days ago, old news.

17. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Cya Benny. Good luck supporting Souths.

18. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Unfortunatley for us DCE has one of the less scrupulous player managers going around and that is saying something.

19. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    I hate how we never get any answers. I hate all the rumours and crap that circulates with contracts. Where would he go if he asked to be released. All other clubs are ****, don't see his logic behind such a move

20. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    there has been talk in Brisbane for a while that he would end up there.

Rabbits are desperate, preferring to sign Cronk but DCE would probably be second choice.