Che Kam injured in pre season???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

QldEagle01

Reserve Grader
Friends with Michael Chee Kam on Instagram are reporting he injured his knee on first day back after Christmas. Any one know for sure??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 123
If true, that sucks the big one!

+ someone twit him and tell him to stop using 'nek minute'

+ someone say he can use 'fml' instead of what he typed.

That is all.

The Boys are really putting their bodies on the line

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/players-wet-n-wild-in-training/
-----------------------------------------------
NRL Sea Eagles: Players tackle the heat at training
RUGBY LEAGUE
8 JAN 13 @ 03:20PM BY JON GEDDES

SUPER fit Sea Eagles hooker Matt Ballin attempts to cool down as the sweat pours from his body after a red hot training run today.

Never has the humble water bottle been more appreciated.

With searing heat coupled with a hot breeze blowing across their Narrabeen headquarters Ballin and his Manly team-mates were put through a demanding 100-minute field session.

"It had to be done and the boys have been training well," said coach Geoff Toovey.

To avoid the worst of the day's stifling conditions, Toovey brought the session forward to a 9am start.

Still, by the time a halt was called to proceedings the mercury was nudging 40 degrees.

But there was not a word of complaint nor did any of the players suffer a "hamstring twinge" that would have allowed them to make an early exit.

This was the hard yakka that the players have to go through to be competitive in the NRL. It is the side of football most fans never witness.

The exhausted players even elected to do some extra drills at the end.

"They started the session in great form," Toovey said.

"It dropped away a bit at the end there so they decided to do a few more runs to compensate for their lack of concentration."

After completing their drills Toovey said that the group was well focussed on the off-season as they build towards having a successful 2013 campaign.

"The senior players again are driving that." Toovey said.

"And we have a lot of fresh new faces who are adding enthusiasm and probably enjoyment into training as well."
-----------------------------------------------
It was 40.4C at 2:20pm in Dee Why yesterday, so inland Narrabeen would have reached that easy.

nek minute/minnit is right up there with bra/brah as the words that annoy me most... and i'm not talking the lingerie variety either! Seem to be used by every second footballer, and they wonder why they get labelled a stack of dumb meatheads. (end my getting old rant)

"yeh bra just went down shops nek minnit got me a sik new southern cross tatty"

Narrabeen lake but a push to say it is a 5 min walk

http://narrabeensportsmedicine.com.au/index.php/contact-us/where-we-are?view=svmap

jeez the pre-seaason curse we have is ridiculous hopefully Farrar gets to play this year

Every Premiership team in history has included a solid first-grader who may not necessarily be of rep standard. Ben Farrar (if that is his name) is such a player. He's a good player.

So what? He may not be star material. He may nevertheless be part of our next premiership squad, namely 2013. The knockers can go fiddle with their own [censored]

Never understood the Farrar hate tbh, he always did a good job for us

I'd give him life membership to the club for cutting down Slater when he was in the clear and going in for the match winning try down there a few years back

Kiwi Eagle said:

I'd give him life membership to the club for cutting down Slater when he was in the clear and going in for the match winning try down there a few years back

Got to agree KE. He won't let anyone down if he gets a few starts this year.

Mals said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Got to agree KE. He won't let anyone down if he gets a few starts this year.

He does the job, and thats all you can ask of a player like him. More than that, he wants to be here and help the team out. Go you good thing.

Farrar has had some decent moments filling in & would be regarded as a handy substitute on most NRL rosters.
Personally would only ever have him in the 17 through injuries & though he has a short burst of pace his legitimate speed is shy of NRL standards.
His timing & anticipation is very underrated in attack but there are still issues with his handling in crunch situations & if he is involved come finals time will be a massive target & still concerned he would become a weakness in that situation.

He is the best back up option for Snake that I've seen on our current roster. Don't know whether Hiku or Gutherson are up to NRL standard yet.

I'm another one who doesn't get the Farrar bashing. Does he make our fully available 17? No. But he is a capable fill in who can play anywhere in the outside backs, so we don't need to re-shuffle other players if there's an injury in those positions. Two things are more than likely to happen this year 1) Wolfman will probably be injured at some point 2) Matai will probably be suspended at some point. Throw in Snake's dodgy knees and I think having a back up with first grade experience is very wise.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8