1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cacoon Week

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    heres a suggestion guys
    lets avoid all media stories this week
    lets not post em on here

lets pretend the season starts next sunday

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    avoiding reality wont solve any problems

3. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    [/quote]

But it might make us feel better.

4. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    We have been spoiled by our success last year, there was a time I enjoyed the football even when we were losing, I am doing my best to return myself to those days

5. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Yeah - we'd better not turn into fairweather fans.... I still love Manly regardless.

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    [/quote]

True but we can not solve the problems anyway.  Might as well stick our heads in the sand. 

7. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    I'm not enjoying any of this either because of the expectation.
    I fact I feel downright deflated - just not excited at all.
    Maybe thats what the Manly players are feeling. They took on such a wealth of success through the enourmity of the grand final win, and then again for the challenge cup.
    There just isn't any higher to go. Maybe they feel deflated too, while all the other teams are lively and keen like Manly were last year.
    The team is not made up of 13 gods and they have been made to feel that way. They are realizing quick smart that they are just 13 blokes like everyone else is fielding, difference is, they know it and are more ready to compete and earn the win.

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'll never be a fairweather fan ads.  I've been there through thick and thin, the highs and the lows, blah blah.  Next Sunday is the start of a glorious run.    

9. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Maybe we're just trying to top last year.

We're going for Premiers with the record number of consecutive losses to start the season.

10. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    A coccoon won't hide the fact that we don't look like a side let alone play like one. I have not seen anything that convinces me that having Brett back will make any difference at all.

11. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    at least brett will give us an option in attck,i do agree with you but my point is we were crap in attack today,with brett at least we have a player that can score a try and it will reshuffle our backline,robbo back to wing bani on the other wing and wolfman to the centres.

12. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    One line break in the whole game and it was done by Hello. In the end we were probably flattered by the scoreline. In a game of sometimes inches/millimetres the plays from Ox were just disastrous (out on the full, grubbers into opposition legs, straight down the throat of the FB....). I know it is just 4 weeks but we are close to planning for next season.

13. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    The return of Brett Stewart will make zilch difference, oh sure had he been there from the start and none of what went on actually went on then things may be different.

I have been following the side since 1963, most of you  probably were not even born then!!

This is bad (very) but I have seen worse.

But I just can;t see when the next win might come around, can you honestly say it will be next week???

I can't see it anytime in the near future based on what we have seen in recent weeks, they are "shot ducks"

14. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    [img=339x400]http://500hats.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/27/head_up_ass.gif[/img]

15. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the team should be made to face the media all week myself.

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    This sort of time for a club sorts out the real supporters from the bandwagoners

Plenty of worse things going on so tbh, this result today isn't really hitting me that hard at all, partly because I never thought we would win as well I suppose

17. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    I just can't put my finger on what's going wrong...it's a bit like Jekyl and Hyde, although to be fair they did field a very similar side all through 2008 and since kick off in 2009 there's injury after injury and rama after drama.

But I am a bit like you Kiwi, didn;t think they'd win BUT it still hurts

18. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I drew a line through us for the first 4 rounds as soon as the Stewart saga began. I think we will do the Tigers next week, though it depends largely on who is in the centres.

We need a lot more in attack

19. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    its an easy thing to post if you havnt made the effort to show up for the last 4 weeks straight to watch the garbage dished up

20. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    mmmm I havn't made the effort to show up, but then I live some 1000+ kms away and clearly we arent as good as you