Building for the Future - Off Contract Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Ryan

Journey Man
Broncos
Ajuma Adams, Joe Boyce, Mitchell Dodds, Jordan Drew, Alex Glenn, Jon Green, Brett Greinke, Jordan Kahu, Todd Lowrie, Andrew McCullough, Francis Molo, Darren Nicholls, Jayden Nikorima, Kodi Nikorima, Joe Ofahengaue, Matt Parcell, David Stagg, Zach Strasser, Sam Thaiday, Daniel Vidot, Aaron Whitchurch

Raiders
Jack Ahearn, Mitchell Barnett, Glen Buttriss, Mitchell Cornish, Mitchell Cronin, Jarrad Kennedy, Jeff Lynch, Mark Nicholls, Kyle O'Donnell, Luke Page, Jordan Rapana, David Shillington, Bill Tupou

Bulldogs
Kayne Brennan, Damien Cook, Adam Elliott, Trent Hodkinson, Sam Kasiano, Shaun Lane, Jacob Loko, Jarrod McInally, Pat O'Hanlon, Sam Perrett, Tyrone Phillips, Chase Stanley, Tautalatasi Tasi, Corey Thompson

Sharks
Tinirau Arona, Blake Ayshford, Paul Gallen, Nathan Gardner, Michael Gordon, Chris Heighington, Saulala Houma, Ricky Leutele, Todd Murphy, Pat Politoni, Matt Prior, Jeff Robson, Junior Roqica, Sami Sauiluma, Kyle Stanley, Sam Tagataese, Anthony Tupou, Dallas Wells

Titans
Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Jamie Dowling, Kane Elgey, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Beau Falloon, Jamal Fogarty, Christian Hazard, Shaun Hudson, Jai Ingram, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Agnatius Paasi, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Aidan Sezer, Brad Tighe

Eagles
Tyson Andrews, Uiti Baker, Matt Ballin, Delroy Berryman, Cheyse Blair, Michael Chee-Kam, Kieran Foran, Clinton Gutherson, James Hasson, Justin Horo, Jordan Latham, Jack Littlejohn, Dunamis Lui, Willie Mason, Manaia Rudolph, Ligi Sao, Tony Satini, Siosaia Vave, David Williams

With JLJ and Rudolph coming off contract we have to give them playing time to build for next year and beyond. If they are the goods resign them now. If not, look elsewhere.

I have heard that they Brent Kite and Glenn Hall are pretty good :rofl:

Seriously thou. Dylan Nappa and Hargreaves would be excellent, but didn't Hargreaves re-sign for Easts after the Raiders threw cash at him?

Also bring Lussick back home

For mine, withdraw offer to Foran. I assume Ballin may retire. We'd have an absolute war chest of riches to spend. My focus would be:-

+ Acquire Kane Elgey (on the cheap if possible, or at least ramp up the Titans offer on him)
+ Acquire JWH from The Roosters
+ Acquire Tom Burgess from Souths
+ If we have spare cap, throw a bit at Darcy Lussick

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Kane Elgey
08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin / Jayden Hodges
10. Jared Weara-Heargraves
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Luke Burgess
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Josh Starling
17. Darcy Lussick / Jake Trbojevic

Also, make plays to sign these guys now. All of them (or as soon as we withdraw from Foran's contract).Teams have done that to us, lets repay the favour.

+ Still think that's the best backline in the game.
+ That forward pack would be monsters, and would destroy most opposition.

One other thing I'd do is openly offer Will Hopoate an absolute bundle, as Parra will re-sign him at any costs. If they pay a mill a piece for foran and Hoppa, we are totally bottle necking them - especially if we also make a play for Lussick.

Last edited:
It might not seem so after last night but I don't think the key to building for the future lies in recruitment. Believe it or not we have plenty of cattle. It must take place with a fresh commitment from this playing group to the Manly culture of excellence.

I don't think that necessarily requires moving anyone on immediately, but ... if it does ... so be it.

It might not seem so after last night but I don't think the key to building for the future lies in recruitment. Believe it or not we have plenty of cattle. It must take place with a fresh commitment from this playing group to the Manly culture of excellence.

I don't think that necessarily requires moving anyone on immediately, but ... if it does ... so be it.

Get what your saying mate, but we may very well be losing both our halves, so there is forced changes there. Then, consider that Mason probably won't go around there, and maybe Ballin will retire.

We are in a time of change right now for the club. What did you think of my changes? We'd also be losing Lui, Wolfman, Horo, Hasson, Blair's contracts, so the team I listed is very, very possible, and would dominate imo.

I also think we'd then have a team of players who WANT to be here.

Really? if you think we are going anywhere but backwards with the forward pack we have you are dreaming. The pack has been getting weaker over the last few season this season we have a terrible forward pack. Front up with the same pack next year and we will be a laughing stock.

I know most don't like the idea but wicks and Parker are a must to consider.... Wicks still has to prove he still has it , but I'm guessing he will shine. Lol, funny wicks and Parker , this is the company name of Danny wicks old man.... Crane business in Grafton .

When Hodko went to Dogs ,did anyone know Dce would take to 1st grade like he did??.Lets start bleeding Manaia slowly ,see what he has..Im way more pumped to see him than Dce running around out there..

I'm resigned to losing Foran in the next few days. Of the two halves, Foz always came across as loving the club more so it will be sad to see him go.

On the upside though, Manly have always unearthed/developed talented players and I see no reason why this won't continue.

I'm going to have to agree with Ryan on this one. The first thing we should be looking at are the stocks we currently have on our books. Rudolph, Travers....I'm sure there are more. I won't declare them ready. That's not my call to make. But I'm sure the coaching staff can make this call. If they think the club is devoid of options in 2016, I'd be targeting the kid from the Gold Coast. He won't be playing first grade anytime soon after last night's news.

We need a couple of big boppers too. Whether Vave or Jake can help fill this role, (I doubt Ligi is our man) who knows ? But even with halves like we have at the moment, they're short on room because the forwards aren't buying them time.

I can't believe the season is one game old and we're talking like the season is over.

Hopoate & Lussick for a start. Only really went to the eels for the money and are Manly Juniors.

With DCE leaving, either Sezer or Elgey will be surplus at the titans, so snap up at least 1 or both.

If Foran leaves, I'd play Hiku in the #6 next year. He showed good footwork last night and I think he'd be better in the middle.

I'm resigned to losing Foran in the next few days. Of the two halves, Foz always came across as loving the club more so it will be sad to see him go.

On the upside though, Manly have always unearthed/developed talented players and I see no reason why this won't continue.

I'm going to have to agree with Ryan on this one. The first thing we should be looking at are the stocks we currently have on our books. Rudolph, Travers....I'm sure there are more. I won't declare them ready. That's not my call to make. But I'm sure the coaching staff can make this call. If they think the club is devoid of options in 2016, I'd be targeting the kid from the Gold Coast. He won't be playing first grade anytime soon after last night's news.

We need a couple of big boppers too. Whether Vave or Jake can fill this role, (I doubt Ligi is our man) who knows. But even with halves like we have at the moment, they're short on room because the forwards aren't buying them time.

I can't believe the season is one game old and we're talking like the season is over.
It isn't and it shouldn't be! The dogs stunk up the joint last year and made the GF. Get the house in order and crack on with it. The decade of dominance shouldn't end on account of DCE's greed!

From that list we should go for Michael Morgan, Tom Burgess, Dylan Napa, Pauli Pauli and Lagi Setu (cheapie)

If Foran leaves, I'd play Hiku in the #6 next year. He showed good footwork last night and I think he'd be better in the middle.

Agreed. I can see him being very dangerous in the halves. People keep suggesting snake but his body won't be able to survive the defensive workload. Plus he is far far more dangerous of a player at fullback.

Agreed. I can see him being very dangerous in the halves. People keep suggesting snake but his body won't be able to survive the defensive workload. Plus he is far far more dangerous of a player at fullback.
I'm on board. Hiku playing closer to the middle and getting more ball is a must. He is big enough to defend in the middle too, and will go better not having to make defensive decisions on the wing.

I'm on board. Hiku playing closer to the middle and getting more ball is a must. He is big enough to defend in the middle too, and will go better not having to make defensive decisions on the wing.
Plus if Foz walks, Hiku can excel at 5/8 and take his spot in the Kiwi side haha!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10