Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
So what the so called experts are saying on here is protest by not signing up for membership so the club continues to suffer with not enough members which justifies the turd burger Todd and others to not support the club to get a better stadium thereby we lose our financial backers and ultimately lose our club FOREVER!!!!! I will be a member in 2017

It sends a message that the supporters are bigger than the owners and selectors. They may think they are unanswerable, but without the supporters there would be nothing more than park football.

Last edited:
This is not the way you turn a corner. With every Maroon and white blooded Manly player or staff member thats given the boot in this fashion, a part of the club goes with them until we end up here and the club is unrecognisable. @mickqld with absolutely no disrespect intended, what do you think we should do instead? There will be no club when these duds are finished with it anyway. I can almost guarantee that. Penn didn't buy Manly to be a good bloke and he's not making money at this point. Whats the end result?

Yeah but the problem is you can't just sack contracted players. They have to be wanted by another club in order to move them on. Hence why Buhrer is going as opposed to Brown.
Buhrer was contracted until the end of Season 2017.

This is not the way you turn a corner. With every Maroon and white blooded Manly player or staff member thats given the boot in this fashion, a part of the club goes with them until we end up here and the club is unrecognisable. @mickqld with absolutely no disrespect intended, what do you think we should do instead? There will be no club when these duds are finished with it anyway. I can almost guarantee that. Penn didn't buy Manly to be a good bloke and he's not making money at this point. Whats the end result?
2 choices. Don't support the club financially and watch it certainly die. Support the club financially and hope that the backers continue to as well. By all means let them know as supporters we aren't happy with these decisions.

Sharks have a lot of bought players too, maloney, bird, ennis, fifita, pryor, barba, holmes etc. It's okay to have most non locals.

Buhrer was contracted until the end of Season 2017.
That's my point. It's easy to say get rid of Lewis Brown instead of Buhrer, but the reality is there has to be another club prepared to take over the player's contract. Newcastle it would seem are prepared to do just that with Jamie, however I very much doubt any club would be prepared to do that with Brown. The club is obviously trying to make room in the cap and Buhrer is a player they can interest another club in for next season. You can't just say Buhrer is better than Brown so move on Brown instead. I'm not saying I agree with the decision but if they have their eyes on a particular forward for next year and they need to make room, then they will ultimately have to get rid of a contracted player that is wanted by another club. As opposed to getting rid of a player that is ultimately sh1t.

That's my point. It's easy to say get rid of Lewis Brown instead of Buhrer, but the reality is there has to be another club prepared to take over the player's contract. Newcastle it would seem are prepared to do just that with Jamie, however I very much doubt any club would be prepared to do that with Brown. The club is obviously trying to make room in the cap and Buhrer is a player they can interest another club in for next season. You can't just say Buhrer is better than Brown so move on Brown instead. I'm not saying I agree with the decision but if they have their eyes on a particular forward for next year and they need to make room, then they will ultimately have to get rid of a contracted player that is wanted by another club. As opposed to getting rid of a player that is ultimately sh1t.

... so because they make a dud decision in signing L Brown ... we have to lose J Buhrer ...
brilliant!! .... if it happens I'm not renewing .... its the final straw for me ... after 50 years ... @:cry:

Supreme Leader said:

Just announced on NBN News that Burher has signed with Newcastle to make room for Bird

I can't find anything on the NBN website and the Knights version of Silvertails is just like here .... all sorts of rumors firing off

Agree with this, but usually if you have 2 players who don't fit in a team you keep the better one...

" usually " you see...... is something that is not easy for our club to understand

they can play Lewis Brown in Blacktown and ship him overseas... or they can punt Jamie Buhrer and lose 50% of the members and supporters.. its their choice really

Nothing against Lewis Brown personally .... his best position is hooker..... he is a poor backrower and he is a poor centre ....not even a backup.

He played his best foooty 5 years ago ....

Manly need to set the same precedent they did with Mateo and Burgess and the rest of the lot

Toovey never signed players on 3 year contracts...( especially players who were pas their best and their time was to head to England.. not to Manly on 3 year deal on premium $$$$ while shafting legends.

Toovey always offered 1-2 year contracts... He was more sensible and calculated with his recruitment.

Last edited:
" usually " you see...... is something that is not easy for our club to understand

they can play Lewis Brown in Blacktown and ship him overseas... or they can punt Jamie Buhrer and lose 50% of the members and supporters.. its their choice really

Nothing against Lewis Brown personally .... his best position is hooker..... he is a poor backrower and he is a poor centre ....not even a backup.

Manly need to set the same precedent they did with Mateo and Burgess and the rest of the lot

Toovey never signed players on 3 year contracts...( especially players who were pas their best and their time was to head to England.. not to Manly on 3 year deal on premium $$$$ while shafting legends.

Toovey always offered 1-2 year contracts... He was more sensible and calculated with his recruitment.
Lol Toovey never offered 3 year contracts? He signed plenty of players on 3 year contracts.

He signed Mateo to that fked up money which went up considerably after the first year when Warriors stopped chipping in.

Yeah but the problem is you can't just sack contracted players. They have to be wanted by another club in order to move them on. Hence why Buhrer is going as opposed to Brown.
Then don't stop there. Follow through on Bozo's big bopper strategy.

Buhrer's choice: Career death in Blacktown or life in Newcastle.
So Brown's choice: Career death in Blacktown or life in England.
Book any loss.

Big bench with Jamil/Api providing gameday adaptability for injuries.

He signed Mateo to that fked up money which went up considerably after the first year when Warriors stopped chipping in.

i am not sure on the $$$$$$ Mateo was being paid ... but he offered more than Brown and Myles combined

i should stop living in the past i know .... but if they declare it is a results driven business... then they should show the door to at least Lewis Brown

until that happens ... i will live in the past which has good memories :) sorry boys

and i will expresss my views

Plenty of fans will be filthy if Buhrer leaves, no doubt (myself included), but to say the club will lose 50% of members and supporters over it, seems excessively over the top.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10