Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What has he proved ? Bird does not have to prove anything to anyone . He has been consistently one of the most dominant ball playing players since his selection in rep games in 2017. We will agree to disagree :)
Not disagreeing at all but for someone so dominant to have limited success at NRL Origin and International level must not be dominant enough to make a world of difference ball playing wise.

I have no issues with the purchase but not mainly off the back of being a ball playing option as the reason

If the purchase is purely for leadership, aggression and passion age is not a factor in my books.

If the purchase is to add an extra ball playing option to take the load off DCE i don't see the point in such a short term purchase, better off finding a younger version to grow into the role to make it long term like the progression of G.Stewart into the ball-playing ranks.
Hopefully he's coming to help a younger one come through.

Why has it become an issue of Buhrer or Bird? Surely with the purchase of Cullin and Green we still have cap left?

Even without loyalty emotion, Buhrer's utility value in addition to his usual 2nd row services would have me keeping him in the squad.

But then again, I would be then telling Brown to seek another club.

PS I think since Jamie has put a few kg's on this year his performances in defence have been stronger.
Maybe Buhrer can get a better offer else where ?
He has had 2 major knee injuries and If he can secure a longer contract else where we would be happy for him . NRL is a business for both club and players

That makes no sense, basically continuously purchasing ball-playing forward talent like it is impossible to recruit or develop from within.
Develop from with in? Since Glen Stewart which other ball playing forward did we have ? Ball playing forwards are as rare as hens teeth

Develop from with in? Since Glen Stewart which other ball playing forward did we have ? Ball playing forwards are as rare as hens teeth
Rare because it is not encouraged, with more second phase play being encouraged due to the stifling of structured attack(that all teams have copied and only a few have mastered) to go along with larger packs fatiguing more noticeably ball playing and footwork will start to be on display more.(within the forward ranks)

I think when the interchange drops back to 6 we will see the re-emergence of the need for ball playing forwards.

Hopefully will go some way to bringing "footballers" back into game plans rather than just robots.

I think when the interchange drops back to 6 we will see the re-emergence of the need for ball playing forwards.

Hopefully will go some way to bringing "footballers" back into game plans rather than just robots.
We should dominate then, with Bird (ball playing lock and former 5/8), Taupau and Jake (excellent offloaders and Jake can ball play).

I admire your loyalty to Buhrer but here are the facts:
Buhrer NSW one game off the bench 2012
Bird NSW 2007- 2016 AUSTRALIA 2007- 2015
Bird may be a bird brain off the field at times but he is a more consistently dominating skillful durable and powerful player .
I can't say I admire your loyalty to a maggot. And I reckon the grub would swap all that for Jamie's premiership ring.

I can't say I admire your loyalty to a maggot. And I reckon the grub would swap all that for Jamie's premiership ring.
My loyalty is to the benefit of our club and if the maggot can help us become be a premiership force then I am also happy for Jamie to secure a long term deal else where . A long term deal for Jamie would be great considering his 2 major knee operations .
Every club has a maggot or two or three or four ........

Nah you didnt them pink pussys with the whistle cost us the game .. Fu.k me if any game needed to be investigated .... Where would you bloody start?

Nah you didnt them pink pussys with the whistle cost us the game .. Fu.k me if any game needed to be investigated .... Where would you bloody start?
charger_01__97128_zoom.jpg

We all have our favourites. I dare say the Knights have just become my second team:). Ferris and Grace no longer wearing Maroon and White. What a sad day.
It is a sad day . Hopefully 2017 wont be as sad as 2016 and we can make the finals . If we don't make the finals in 2017 it will be very sad for those that are making these decisions . Until then we can only speculate

All this talk of Buhrer for Bird misses the point. A week or so ago it was Buhrer for Uate. Closer to the mark is Buhrer for Brown.

In reality it is Buhrer for, well, anybody. The decision was made to cut Buhrer last year and replace him with Brown. The argument most spouted was his ACL injuries, that he wouldn't be able to recover. Well he did, lost no speed or effectiveness and was one of our best this year, ultimately gaining co-captaincy, showing the respect and influence he has in the team.

The fact is, under current management, he would be playing in Blacktown if he stayed, irrespective of form, effectiveness or contribution to the team.

I'm disappointed that Buhrer (a highly valued contracted player IMO) is being shown the door especially whilst his exchange partner, Brown, (a lowly valued contracted player IMO) is not.

But it is what it is.

All this talk of Buhrer for Bird misses the point. A week or so ago it was Buhrer for Uate. Closer to the mark is Buhrer for Brown.

In reality it is Buhrer for, well, anybody. The decision was made to cut Buhrer last year and replace him with Brown. The argument most spouted was his ACL injuries, that he wouldn't be able to recover. Well he did, lost no speed or effectiveness and was one of our best this year, ultimately gaining co-captaincy, showing the respect and influence he has in the team.

The fact is, under current management, he would be playing in Blacktown if he stayed, irrespective of form, effectiveness or contribution to the team.

I'm disappointed that Buhrer (a highly valued contracted player IMO) is being shown the door especially whilst his exchange partner, Brown, (a lowly valued contracted player IMO) is not.

But it is what it is.

spot on, no way could Buhrer and Brown play in the same manly team.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10