Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Today showed why Des persisted with him i thought.

He is young and gave away a penalty sure but he is a workhorse.

3rd in tackles and 3rd in metres.

only a handful of games and in his first final thats a good return.

considering he's the only young forward prospect we have coming through you would hope he lives up to the hype.

Look at the size of Stewart when he started, he was tiny, now he is a beast. Bhurer will be the same as he ages and bulks up

Do you call leaving him sitting on the bench for 75 or 80 minutes "persisting" with him ??

All today showed was how stupid it was to pick him in the 17 and NOT give him a run in those earlier games.

Apart from the penalties,I thought he played well today.Can't blame him for giving away penalties when the senior players are giving them away also..

Monkey see,monkey do...

Chip & Chase link said:
Do you call leaving him sitting on the bench for 75 or 80 minutes \"persisting\" with him ??

All today showed was how stupid it was to pick him in the 17 and NOT give him a run in those earlier games.

Man, that was the first two. Since then the kid has had heaps of game time & never let anyone down. I think you'll find he's played at least six this year. At least!

he actually gave me the sh*ts today
reminded me of a young inexperienced watmough.

lays in the tackle way too long, givng away too many penalties!

He was involved in the play so often I was wondering what happened to the rest of the team.

I don't doubt that Des asked the players to slow the play-the-ball as much as possible and that cost us. I agree brookie, I was in despair for the penalties he gave away.

In his last two appearances he has shown a lot of heart. His size at this point is the issue but he looks like a kid worth persevering with. I like him.

The kid had a red hot go, a few of his team mates couldnt say the same.....

youll need a workhorse backrower if Trex is going to be used as an impact backrower. If only they can be the new crusher and fatty

I did not think young Buhrer was a real first grader....until yesterday.
He was in everything & 95% of it was great stuff showing fantastic intensity & desire.

I think he has a future - not sure he is gonna be a super star but no doubt can be a long term first grader.  When I watched him in QLD cup I thought he had a heap of skills - but until yesterday I wondered if he had the energy or speed  for first grade and I think he showed yesterday he probably does.

Thought he was pretty good and had a real go.

His size still worries me as he hasn't been able to break the line. Maybe he needs a good off season with the fulltime squad to bulk up. Definately a bench player for mine, but thats about it. I hate to say it, but we are missing a Cuthbo - someone that makes good metres and offloads with ease.

We don't miss Cuthbo because we've got Rose. Similar players but Rose is the better of the two. Cuthbo couldn't even crack a start in a woeful Cronulla side.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=185292.msg293911#msg293911 date=1284290961]
Do you call leaving him sitting on the bench for 75 or 80 minutes \"persisting\" with him ??

Man, that was the first two. Since then the kid has had heaps of game time & never let anyone down. I think you'll find he's played at least six this year. At least!
[/quote]

I think he has probably only been named 6 or 7 times this year. Two of those games he didn't even get off the bench and two of them he got a token 5 - 10 minute stint at the end of the game. Yesterday was easily the most minutes he has played all year. I know he didn't let anyone down, that's why I can't understand him not being trusted with game time early on in the season........even more mind boggling when you consider our second half fades when fresh legs may have helped.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8