Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@lsz and @kiwi_eagle
Technically speaking the off season is longer this year. Exhaust manly were knocked out in week 2 of the finals and not finishing in the grand final like 2013. There fore the off season is 2 weeks longer ;)

Mark from Brisbane said:
The good thing about forums are opinions , I have mine everyone else has theirs .

I don't have absolute proof that the post is fake, but with my close association with the club (now sadly in the past) I'd very much be surprised if its legit.

Let's leave it at that , and all good @Bearfax after almost 7 years on here I have a thick skin!!

Mark, Mark. Again its not about you. As I said I admire your posts. I'm not your enemy. I was just after what the facts were. Nothing else. Its not about who's right or wrong. I was willing to accept the Recruitment officer because he/she seemed to have inside information. Didnt mean I totally believed, just that it seemed valid. You have rightly pointed out it couldnt be DW for the reasons given. I accept that. All that is left is, was the information supplied accurate. That's what the issue was about and I thought you being close to the club could indicate one way or the other.. I'm deferring to your greater knowledge on this issue, not criticising. Perhaps my tongue in cheek style confused you..

If the club feels the need to make statement they usually send an email to the members, then post it on the website (Mwse) then fb twitter etc. Why would they not do so in this instance? What is SO IMPORTANT that the MWSE would go away from their Mo? It's the off season ffs. As much as we would all love a direct link to "the club" we are only fed what they want to feed us. the private owners keep our club afloat day in day out and in reality what they say goes, leaks and all.

RiverEagle said:
For the last time @Ryan what's "screwing this place" for me IS the endless voices of displeasure. And If I (or anyone disagrees with U) once, twice, three times a lady; before U allow that to stand and move on?

As for "rudeness or belittling" U told me to "settle down precious" and called me "DUDE" as if we're still in high-school (I'm led to believe you're a married-man with kids...) THAT applies equally, if not more, for anyone just doing it to "stir-the-pot" for the sake of it, or "FUN" right now. *It's a serious waste of my time with what I'm dealing with in real life. And in light of the football being over for Manly now.

And,I'm sick and bloody tired of hearing "how it used to be..." around here.
Times change. (I miss an ex or two occasionally, but I wouldn't actually want to totally go back). It's quite easy to gather those U want to talk to exclusively, just like in former days, either privately here or on Facebook, or even bloody SKYPE, if U want.

Lastly, on the Dave Warwick case: It would be easy for any of the "house-proud" Leadership Group (or @Dan himself) to contact the club, even @"MWSE Membership" for a start, to clarify it.

Either way. I'll be disappointed.

If it isn't the real man himself, what a fu&ken joke!

If it IS the real Dave Warwick, I'll be even more disappointed; and ashamed to even be a member here. (Which is rectifiable from my point of view, at least). And close enough to happeneing even more now.

River Eagle, I call everyone dude / mate etc. I'm sorry if that offends you. The settle down precious comment was meant in a light hearted way, and again, if that's upset you, then I apologise. No-one else seems to mind me calling them dude.

Now, the foul mouthed abusive private message you sent me aside, in the debate about that reserve grade player being acquired, I reneged. So I hope that puts you at ease.

The connotation about the fact of how things used to be here, is that people were allowed an opinion, without it turning into a free-for-all. People take an opposing opinion to heart too much, and play the man, rather than the debate.

Can I give you some advice mate? This is a footy website. Yes, I'm negative, and critical, but you also have the polar opposites like SeaEagleRock8 & others to counter that. If you think I'm wrong, say so, and why, and I'll see it for what it is (again, I reneged on the reserve garder debate remember).

The, "go support another club" or "go support Norths" etc etc etc brigade need to broaden their scopes and minds to have a multi layered and intelligent discussion about Toovey, our players, our board, our ground, pricing, membership, individuals etc.

Lastly, I'm sorry your going through a tough time. I know what it's like, and you need people around you who care (which is rare these days). As you know, I lost my Dad, Brother, and one of my best mates this year, on top of changing jobs to lets say one of the most challenging roles I have ever experienced. So I get it man (apologies if the "man" offended - dont know your real name). As I say, your abusive PM aside, if you want to talk, I'm available, because I've suffered as well this year. Empathy goes a long way.

Do NOT go thrugh stress, anxiety or loneliness (don't know what your going through) alone. There ARE still people out there. Don't bottle stuff up. If something is stressing you the most, change it (which I know is hard sometimes). I'm in the process of doing that myself now, and it's stressful.

But take the site for what it is. Yeah, I may whinge about Toovey. I may be pissed off at Watmough / Foran. I may be gutted about Glenn Stewart. But we are all here coz we love Manly mate - we've at least got that. Just take it easy and use footy as a therapy - lord knows it helped ME through this year, and I told David Perry that myself personally.

Anyways, I hope I got across my thoughts and (god forbid on a footy site) "feelings" hhahhahahaha. It's all good River Eagle. It's all good mate. Happy for you to PM me, but pleeeease, no more abuse hahahahaha

PS: Apologies for the reply to that PM. I felt terribly about it just after I sent it. You don't need that, and I shouldn't have written it.

globaleagle said:
edit: hey look, there's a dodo fighting with a dinosaur just outside my window.
Youtube that and prove the doubters wrong.
I've just got back from taking my Tasmanian Tiger for a walk.

I am the real niccipops but at night, I'm Batman.

Bradza said:
Hi Mark
I know you and everything you have said makes sense. It is still possible that Dave was given one-off permission to make the post to shut down the misinformation about Manly not supporting their juniors. Or he could have just done it even though he's not supposed to (we've all done that now and then) - after all he stated at the outset that it was a one-off.

If he doesn't return, I'd say that makes it more believable that it was DW. A fake would probably not be able to resist continuing the con.

I trust the facts you have presented but I still read that as a legitimate post.

The most likely event (taking Mark's evidence into account) is this fella after a long season had got on the sauce, thought it was a good idea to visit fan websites and under the influence respond, cue bad gramma (sic).

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already been wrapped over it. No doubt an organisation needs rules regarding social media.

Darren said:
Great write up Ryan. Respect and valuing each other is so important.

No. Again what @Ryan is "writing" about and "respecting and valuing" everyone's opinion is NOT what he does or is doing, ( especially with me this past week ).

He wouldn't accept I (and others disagree with him) but I'll just speak for myself. 9-times-out-of-10, from all I've seen of Ryan this year, is beyond negative, and repetitively pessimistic. (He's entitled to that). He needs to take his own advice here tho, and allow ME, and everyone else to their opinion, however different or even polar-opposite that may be.

Discuss/Debate it sure. Eventually, if a stalemate arrives; move on. (Don't go over-and-over the same facts or elements for so damn long ). I stand corrected when warranted. Equally I stand by my opinion if I remain there.

So if I'm more positive, or try to be, allow me that (just as Ryan is crying out for himself). *Whether it's me, SER8, or anyone else's view, however different; let it be, sometimes at least. Agree-to-disagree, as we say.

I've only remained on this Thread, because it was a real chance to be happy about something; or merely focus on the re-signings as positive.
(Even go back to a "voice of displeasure" everywhere else). Ryan couldn't even manage that.

Apart from @"Chip and Chase" hinting around that it's NOT Dave Warwick (@"recruitment manager") nothing simple and concrete seems to have been done to clarify it... *That would actually be a concrete-opportunity for anyone in the Leadership to do something (like displaying actual "leadership").

(Lastly @Ryan : My real name's Mick, as a lot here know. I am a 47yr-old male in Wagga. I neither need or want any "support" from U, thanks all the same). And don't call me "dude" or "precious" or even "mate" from now on.

RiverEagle said:
Darren said:
Great write up Ryan. Respect and valuing each other is so important.

No. Again what @Ryan is "writing" about and "respecting and valuing" everyone's opinion is NOT what he does or is doing, ( especially with me this past week ).

He wouldn't accept I (and others disagree with him) but I'll just speak for myself. 9-times-out-of-10, from all I've seen of Ryan this year, is beyond negative, and repetitively pessimistic. (He's entitled to that). He needs to take his own advice here tho, and allow ME, and everyone else to their opinion, however different or even polar-opposite that may be.

Discuss/Debate it sure. Eventually, if a stalemate arrives; move on. (Don't go over-and-over the same facts or elements for so damn long ). I stand corrected when warranted. Equally I stand by my opinion if I remain there.

So if I'm more positive, or try to be, allow me that (just as Ryan is crying out for himself). *Whether it's me, SER8, or anyone else's view, however different; let it be, sometimes at least. Agree-to-disagree, as we say.

I've only remained on this Thread, because it was a real chance to be happy about something; or merely focus on the re-signings as positive.
(Even go back to a "voice of displeasure" everywhere else). Ryan couldn't even manage that.

Apart from @"Chip and Chase" hinting around that it's NOT Dave Warwick (@"recruitment manager") nothing simple and concrete seems to have been done to clarify it... *That would actually be a concrete-opportunity for anyone in the Leadership to do something (like displaying actual "leadership").

(Lastly @Ryan : My real name's Mick, as a lot here know. I am a 47yr-old male in Wagga. I neither need or want any "support" from U, thanks all the same). And don't call me "dude" or "precious" or even "mate" from now on.

Ok, I've tried. That's all one can ask. You may not need help from me, but you seriously need some form of help. Your PM suggests just that. I've also had at least four people today alone PM me to suggest not to bother reconciling with you, because you've exploded at them as well in the same way.

I admit I felt bad, because I thought you were reaching out in the fact that you've said you've been having a tough time in your life in a few threads / PM's.

And dude, what's with having a go at the mods? They don't have to chase any poster claiming anything. Your having a go at them, why? Giving up their free time and effort for nothing?

Ok, someone may have posted under the guise of Wawrick. Why are you so distraught about it? Its as though you think it was done to just hurt you? It wasn't.

Again, so what if I get pissed off with the off field BS? So what if I say Taufua played poorly. Its really not that important or serious for you to get so angry. We are just pixels mate.

Go get a 6 pack, buy some Johnny Cash, get a chair that rocks and relax.

I'm not angry or upset by your response. There was a whole lot about me in it. Just whip me on ignore mate, and we'll never have to interact again. The guys that sent me those pm's today said just after you unleashed on them, you put them on ignore so they couldn't reply.

I assume you know who they are.

I enjoy the banter here. I enjoy the debate. Actually I love being proven wrong about things. It doesnt seem like you enjoy it here, because there is too large a diverse group or something.

Just relax and have a good time mate. Don't if that makes you happy.

I aint gonna change after over a decade of posting on this site, im sorry. I hope you wake up tomorrow dude, and the suns shining, and you have a smile on your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8