Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Just got this email from the club:

The Kaspersky Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are proud to announce they have recently secured the ongoing services of a number of key personnel for 2016 and beyond.

Forwards Jamie Buhrer, Brenton Lawrence and Tom Symonds have all committed to extending their stay at the Club, as well as flying winger and City Origin representative Jorge Taufua.

Sea Eagles General Manager David Perry congratulated the players for their efforts in 2014, as the club looks to continue on from the success of making their tenth straight NRL Finals series.

“Each of these players should be proud of their individual achievements in 2014. They’ve not only excelled with their performances on the field but also as role models off it,” he said.

Jamie Buhrer was one of Geoff Toovey’s most consistent performers in 2014. Having spent most of his career playing off the bench or as a utility, Buhrer took his game to another level with increased minutes, metres, tackles and runs for the side.

“It’s been a big year for myself in terms of playing 100 games for a club I’ve always dreamed of playing for. To have my future sorted for another few years is an awesome feeling.” Buhrer Said

Tom Symonds is another player who has relished the move since arriving in 2013. The back-rower had an impressive back-half to the season and is looking forward another two years in the maroon and white.

“Manly is a great club and I love playing here, so I'm glad I can be a part of it for at least a couple more years. Thanks to all the members and supporters for their unwavering support for both me and the team.” Said Symonds.

Finally, local brotherly-duo, Jake and Tom Trbojevic, have also extended their stay on the peninsula with deals ensuring they remain at the Club until the end of the 2016 season.

Dave Perry spoke of the importance of these signings, “To retain each of these players despite interest from several clubs is a real coup. It’s all part of our evolving recruitment strategy to ensure our club remains highly-successful for many, many years to come.”

Good news, but I think our "flying" Jorge should in future be listed as a forward because I can't see him having several necessary attributes to return to the wing.

I wonder why they could announce Hiku during the season but not all these guys? RUMOR MILL PT. 2 - HIKU ONLY OUT FOR HIMSELF, ON THE OUTS AT CLUB, PARRA LURKING BECAUSE HE SPENT 5 MINUTES WITH BRAD ARTHUR

Outstanding news.

Symonds is such a wonderful under rated player. Injury free, he's State of Origin quality. He's the Steven Bell, but of forwards.

Buhrer is just a gun. He's that link from the middle to the edges, and he does it so well. Smaller bloke, but runs quality lines.

Taufua "when on" is outstanding. Confidence player. I like the thought of him in the forwards like Ruben Wiki. He just needs energy and effort levels. We've all seen what quality he is.

Trbojevic 1 & 2. The most exciting news here. I hear they are outstanding gentlemen OFF the park as well, and have a great working ethos about them.

Brenton Lawrence has, well, just made it into the Australian squad. Speaks plenty in my opinion. Everything about him Rugby League excites me both on and off the park. He seems like a character, and it's this that has a stabilising affect on the rest of the playing group.

Wonderful news all round. It's so great to hear about players passionate about wantng to remain in the maroon and white. It also says to me they are winners, and know a good thing when they see it.

Ryan said:
Outstanding news.

Symonds is such a wonderful under rated player. Injury free, he's State of Origin quality. He's the Steven Bell, but of forwards.

Buhrer is just a gun. He's that link from the middle to the edges, and he does it so well. Smaller bloke, but runs quality lines.

Taufua "when on" is outstanding. Confidence player. I like the thought of him in the forwards like Ruben Wiki. He just needs energy and effort levels. We've all seen what quality he is.

Trbojevic 1 & 2. The most exciting news here. I hear they are outstanding gentlemen OFF the park as well, and have a great working ethos about them.

Brenton Lawrence has, well, just made it into the Australian squad. Speaks plenty in my opinion. Everything about him Rugby League excites me both on and off the park. He seems like a character, and it's this that has a stabilising affect on the rest of the playing group.

Wonderful news all round. It's so great to hear about players passionate about wantng to remain in the maroon and white. It also says to me they are winners, and know a good thing when they see it.

Buhrer's signing should also help in the retention of Cherry I reckon.

Ryan said:
Outstanding news.

Agree. I thought Tom S was our best vs the Dogs, he is starting to bend the line a lot more.
Very pleased about the Trbojevic brothers. I know Parra and the Dogs were very keen on Jake and after speaking with a member of the coaching staff he was unsure we would be able to retain Tom, with big offers coming elsewhere.
We need to do our best to develop local juniors like Tom, Jake and Gutho as they will more often than not show a lot more heart and loyalty than imported players.

Nice to get some real positive news.

Wish I looked in here before posting this in the signings thread.

I mean....why would anyone post in that thread????

(Manly signing always deserve their own threads!!)

This is the best news. The nucleus of our team for years to come and guys who are committed. We are going to be right in there again for 2015.

Now lets hear about the senior guys who reportedly are not happy make up their minds so 2015 iw about the team and not me!!

Mavin said:
If we kept Gift I dare say we would have lost all these players as tough as it is I believe this shows the retention committee has made a hard but necessary choice.

No doubt about it, as much as we all loved Gifty it may well have the choice between him and the Turbo kids (who as someone has said are remarkably like the Stewarts, a forward and a fullback).

Stevo said:
Gee the Trbojevics mirror the Stewart brothers don't they.

A solid young forward with a prodigious younger fullback playing brother.

I wonder how jake will look in red and green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8