Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake is more than a solid young forward. He is head and shoulders above other young forwards. For a while there he was making over 200m a game and scoring tries regularly. It'll be a bit tougher in 1st grade, but the bloke is an absolute machine.

bones said:
Stevo said:
Gee the Trbojevics mirror the Stewart brothers don't they.

A solid young forward with a prodigious younger fullback playing brother.

I wonder how jake will look in red and green.

in 10 or 11 years time after he's given the Sea Eagles his best years who gives a $hit? lol

Trbojevics should have been locked up for longer, in two years time we will have to get in a bidding war to keep them

Also Gutherson needs to play regularly next year and T Turbo should get a taste.........we hold these boys back too long and they will start looking for opportunities elsewhere

Disco said:
Trbojevics should have been locked up for longer, in two years time we will have to get in a bidding war to keep
We probably offered longer (?) but there's no deal unless both sides agree. Do you suggest we should have said 'sign for three years or we withdraw the offer'? If we had lost those boys now there'd be a riot.

If the impending releases do occur... we lose Foran Matai and Choc. We are left with a very youthful looking side. Leaves us with potentially 1.5 million the cap to play with. We can top up Stewarts contract to keep him happy.

Might be too early for Tom Turbo next season.. but it could look like this eventually with some $$ still to spend. Or we can go down the route of finding a new 5/8 but were just wasting the full back talent we have. Use the money on forwards.

1. Trbojevic
2. Tafua (after lots of training in off season)
3. Lyon
4. Gutherson
5. Hiku
6. Stewart
7. Cherry Evans
8. Trbojevic
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Merrin
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14: Mateo/Paulo
15. Lui
16. W Mason
17. Fa'oso/Lefao

Looks big and strong. Lots of impact off the bench.

Mavin said:
bones said:
Stevo said:
Gee the Trbojevics mirror the Stewart brothers don't they.

A solid young forward with a prodigious younger fullback playing brother.

I wonder how jake will look in red and green.

I'd rather see him in red and green in 10 years time not next year.

All nice now but will probably get the same treatment down the track as Glen Stewart did after 10 years of service

Disco said:
Trbojevics should have been locked up for longer, in two years time we will have to get in a bidding war to keep them

Also Gutherson needs to play regularly next year and T Turbo should get a taste.........we hold these boys back too long and they will start looking for opportunities elsewhere

Rare for young blokes to agree to longer than 2 years. Not worth their while. I'm sure manly would have preferred 4!

Disco said:

In an ideal world sure. But if I was a gun young junior there is no way I would be signing on for anymore than 2 years when I was yet to establish myself in 1st grade.

The cap will be going up soon so any player with a decent manager would not commit long term.

This just shows where the clubs priorities lie. I'm really pleased to hear all of these guys have extended their contracts with the club, particularly the Trbojevic brothers.

The older guys will move on in due course but the future is bright.

Garts said:
Disco said:

In an ideal world sure. But if I was a gun young junior there is no way I would be signing on for anymore than 2 years when I was yet to establish myself in 1st grade.

So true Garts. Unless your getting older, you would be crazy to sign more than 2 years as your stuck if something goes wrong and your not happy or some other club offers you better.

tookey said:
Didn't mention not retaining Charlie Taylor

Yes they kept quiet about Taylor. What a loss he will be going to the Roosters especially when he slots in the tries against Manly and puts a few Steve Matai hits on his old club :p

Question is, has Gutherson resigned. As for signing for 2 years, I'm OK with that because by that time the older players will have retired and the money will then be more available for the younger players. Its avoiding the mistake of the back ended contracts. I suspect the players who have signed will stay beyond the next 2 years because then they should be established first graders, or like Buhrer, the leading players in the club

Didn't JSL announce on Thursday's Footy Show that he's also re-signed for two years? He seems totally happy at Manly.

HoldenV8 said:
Didn't JSL announce on Thursday's Footy Show that he's also re-signed for two years? He seems totally happy at Manly.

I think that was a resigning they were allowed to announce at the time.

Mavin said:
Bearfax said:
Question is, has Gutherson resigned.

Good question, I'm guessing no otherwise they would have announced it unless he is already contracted?
I have been told He is at present contracted until the end of next season but at this stage hasn't put an extension on his contract like the others have
Taylor was also contracted until the end of next season but got a release

HoldenV8 said:

I couldn't tell you if he did announce it on Thursday's Footy Show because I never watch the show but I can tell you that Jesse Sene-Lefao's re-signing was announced back in the June 26 'Member Exclusive' e-mail and also at seaeagles.com.au here:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/06/26/sea_eagles_re_sign_sene_lefao.html

and discussed here in the Silvertails at:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Manly-JSL-Re-Signs-for-2-years

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8