Bottom half of the table teams....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
* Miss kicks for goal that put them 8 in front with minutes to go
* Miss field goals from in front
* Make defensive errors that let in two tries after gaining an easy 12 point lead
* Are scared to win
* Play the field goal lottery when they have a team gassed and in their own 10 metres with minutes to go
* Can't handle on single decent kick with one minute to go
* Lead by six with less than 8 minutes to go and lose to another bottom of the table team backing up after less than 5 days
* Go for two points when they have a mountain of possession and look certain to score a try again
* Waste tremendous efforts by JTrobj, Thompson, T'Pau, Cherry, Taufua with poor game management

This why Manly are in the bottom half of the table and will stay there in 2018.

Pathetic

NYEagle

• Tom Trbojevic
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Moses Suli
  • Brian Kelly
  • Akuila Uate
  • Trent Hodkinson
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Addin Fonua-Blake
  • Lewis Brown
  • Martin Taupau
  • Joel Thompson
  • Shaun Lane
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Matthew Wright
  • Frank Winterstein
  • Lloyd Perrett
  • Toafofoa Sipley
Who am I kidding. We barely have eight players in this team good enough for regular first grade.

NYEagle

• Tom Trbojevic
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Moses Suli
  • Brian Kelly
  • Akuila Uate
  • Trent Hodkinson
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Addin Fonua-Blake
  • Lewis Brown
  • Martin Taupau
  • Joel Thompson
  • Shaun Lane
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Matthew Wright
  • Frank Winterstein
  • Lloyd Perrett
  • Toafofoa Sipley
Who am I kidding. We barely have eight players in this team good enough for regular first grade.

NYEagle
How do you think that squad would be if we added:
Api
Walker
Sironen
Tango
Tent
Jetski
Parker . . .
Injuries have hurt us really badly. Our top 17, as Illawarra has had for the entire season to date, would be a top four team.

• Tom Trbojevic
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Moses Suli
  • Brian Kelly
  • Akuila Uate
  • Trent Hodkinson
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Addin Fonua-Blake
  • Lewis Brown
  • Martin Taupau
  • Joel Thompson
  • Shaun Lane
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Matthew Wright
  • Frank Winterstein
  • Lloyd Perrett
  • Toafofoa Sipley

NYEagle
Shaun Lane has been great and Suli has performed well so far and has a huge upside. Bit tough on both.

• Tom Trbojevic
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Moses Suli
  • Brian Kelly
  • Akuila Uate
  • Trent Hodkinson
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Addin Fonua-Blake
  • Lewis Brown
  • Martin Taupau
  • Joel Thompson
  • Shaun Lane
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Matthew Wright
  • Frank Winterstein
  • Lloyd Perrett
  • Toafofoa Sipley

NYEagle
Hodko was great for most that match just couldn't slot the field goal

If this lamentable up and down season continues on this trajectory through to the end of 2018, the Pennsylvanians are going to look very silly for re-signing the Temora pretty boy for another two years.

They sacked his predecessor for apparently not producing the goods, despite three years in a row in the finals before they began the ‘Alan Thompson Memorial Undermining Process’ from the 1989 playbook, as early as the 2015 pre-season.

Then if he does get sacked at some point, who takes over? The old Manly-Warringah production line of ex-players moving through the coaching ranks has been destroyed by these East Johannesburg (St Ives) f-cksticks.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Trent Hodkinson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Adding Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Moses Suli
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Shaun Lane

to me is a top 2-3 team in this league. Injuries ****ed us, that's all. No consistency in the roster.

We don't know how to get to the line in different styles of games............YET.
We'll get there.
I remain positive and encouraged.
2018 may not be our year. But on the bright side......

WE'RE STILL IN FRONT OF PARRA

:party::party::party::party::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::clap::clap::clap::clap::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:@:D@:D@:D@:D

If this lamentable up and down season continues on this trajectory through to the end of 2018, the Pennsylvanians are going to look very silly for re-signing the Temora pretty boy for another two years.

They sacked his predecessor for apparently not producing the goods, despite three years in a row in the finals before they began the ‘Alan Thompson Memorial Undermining Process’ from the 1989 playbook, as early as the 2015 pre-season.

Then if he does get sacked at some point, who takes over? The old Manly-Warringah production line of ex-players moving through the coaching ranks has been destroyed by these East Johannesburg (St Ives) f-cksticks.
What worries me is that this mid / bottom of the table position seems to be the new normal. I don't see things changing next year and beyond that who knows but the good times are a still a long way away.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Trent Hodkinson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Adding Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Moses Suli
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Shaun Lane

to me is a top 2-3 team in this league. Injuries ****ed us, that's all. No consistency in the roster.

Fair comment that we are cruelled by injuriies but compare this team to Penrith, Souths, Melbourne - it is not even close.
I would rate this team alongside Warriors, Cronulla maybe. Top 6 at very best.
We just don't have the cattle.
Not to forget, a pretty ordinary coach. Not the worst, but far from the best just like the players.
NYEagle

Fair comment that we are cruelled by injuriies but compare this team to Penrith, Souths, Melbourne - it is not even close.
I would rate this team alongside Warriors, Cronulla maybe. Top 6 at very best.
We just don't have the cattle.
Not to forget, a pretty ordinary coach. Not the worst, but far from the best just like the players.

I agree the coach is the worst but still wish we had someone who is a former player or senior coach with runs on the board.

NYEagle
Is just isn't our time the next few years maybe ..you have to have everyone moving in the same direction as a club to be a premiership threat, we are not doing this at all, still too much off field distraction's for me.

We are still a very young side..maybe give it 3-4 years we are still a few senior players away from really starting to look a threat.. Can't wait to see jake get success with this famous club one day soon he deserves it.

Hang in there, I hate seeing what this club has become and is being long put through we will come out the other side one day.

Is just isn't our time the next few years maybe ..you have to have everyone moving in the same direction as a club to be a premiership threat, we are not doing this at all, still too much off field distraction's for me.

We are still a very young side..maybe give it 3-4 years we are still a few senior players away from really starting to look a threat.. Can't wait to see jake get success with this famous club one day soon he deserves it.

Hang in there, I hate seeing what this club has become and is being long put through we will come out the other side one day.

These are dark days and not far off the Northern Eagles. I am a sausage roll eating no nothing but I've been going to Brookie for 45+ years but I am not as optimistic as you. The game has moved on and the history that we are all so rightfully very proud of doesn't mean future success. I'm not sure that we can expect that we will rebound like we always have in the past. The big clubs are getting stronger, they are getting amazing facilities built for them by government which will only attract more sponsorship and 3rd party deals and all the while we are getting weaker and weaker financially and without the $$$ and new facilities we cant expect to attract the top players like we used to without overpaying. There are clearly preferred strategic and non strategic teams by the the NRL.

On top of that I have zero confidence in the owners, management (well the management this week) and the coaching staff to do what is best for this once great club.

Unfortunately I strongly doubt that my kids will be taking their kids to the footy at Brookie like my Dad did with me and I did with my kids. A real shame.

These are dark days and not far off the Northern Eagles. I am a sausage roll eating no nothing but I've been going to Brookie for 45+ years but I am not as optimistic as you. The game has moved on and the history that we are all so rightfully very proud of doesn't mean future success. I'm not sure that we can expect that we will rebound like we always have in the past. The big clubs are getting stronger, they are getting amazing facilities built for them by government which will only attract more sponsorship and 3rd party deals and all the while we are getting weaker and weaker financially and without the $$$ and new facilities we cant expect to attract the top players like we used to without overpaying. There are clearly preferred strategic and non strategic teams by the the NRL.

On top of that I have zero confidence in the owners, management (well the management this week) and the coaching staff to do what is best for this once great club.

Unfortunately I strongly doubt that my kids will be taking their kids to the footy at Brookie like my Dad did with me and I did with my kids. A real shame.

I actually agree with you just holding out hope we may still turn the corner but if we keep going as a club maybe even if I ever get the chance to have kids they may not get to see a game played at brookvale...you can tell the nrl want back our license and are going to do whatever it takes.

Last edited:
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Trent Hodkinson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Adding Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Moses Suli
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Shaun Lane

I think that will be pretty much our side for next season except Suli for Uate and Tom Wright to the bench . Without buying anyone , thats a top 4 side barring injuries right there.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8