Boo Radley gets 5 weeks after Bin night.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I usually don't mind Graham, but his argument on this was crazy, as he said all coaches, players, player managers, psycologists needed to have meetings and discussions for weeks prior to the clamp down on high shots, and as you said Kenty was right, he just said lower the target area a little
Graham tried to bite off Billy Slater’s ear. He’s a maniac, and something of a hero of mine haha ;)

I usually don't mind Graham, but his argument on this was crazy, as he said all coaches, players, player managers, psycologists needed to have meetings and discussions for weeks prior to the clamp down on high shots, and as you said Kenty was right, he just said lower the target area a little
one thing graham did say was that there was a couple of bellringers missed by a particular ref.I dont recall and dont watch much other than the mighty eegs, but. If the NRL is fair dinkum they have to come down hard on themselves as well.

anything but is a massive fail. give the ref or bunker or whoever the same. 1 week per hit and an accumulation of carry over points if they screw it again. to assume the players have created this mess on there pat malone is crazy. the officials are as much to blame .

all of a sudden the judiciary isnt letting legally represented players off. That was a farce. big clubs with big money always got reductions.

so if a player goes to tackle low and a player braces with the elbow and bumps a player off and connects with the head or neck. whats that ? is that play on, its the tacklers problem for taking his eyes off the player to go low

also, whats the end game ?. im not commenting on head shots in this scenario. But what are we going to do with legs tackle. surely some edict about giving more time. A lot is said about just dont do it, tackle high but in all aspects of life when we incentify stuff it happens quicker. after 2 weeks surely the NRL is working on something to improve a product that is diminishing in its attraction due to the floggings

more irony. we have introduced rules to speed up the game by reducing stoppages and then introduce rules where we examine tackles to slow down the game by increasing stoppages WTF.

Former rugby league hard man Ian Roberts believes the NRL needs to punish players like never before if it is serious about stopping head knocks.

Roberts - who was concussed countless times in a long and distinguished career in the 1980s and '90s - is an expert on the subject.

Medical reports have revealed that Roberts, now 55, has scarring on the brain as a consequence of his many battles in the front row.

And he says the NRL's clampdown - although criticised by some as over the top - is not strong enough and not the answer.

"You've got to fine these blokes like they have never been fined before," the former Souths, Manly, Cowboys and Kangaroos prop told Wide World of Sports.

"Instead of the old six weeks for head high shots, fine them say $100,000. They won't do it a second time."
He’s off his head.

Hitting the chest or waist or legs doesn't mean he has to hit them any softer, just smarter.

Although it appears smarter might be a bridge too far for Radley given his statement on rule changes and not changing his tackling style.

Last edited:
But it wasn't a brain explosion tackle according to Gus, Joey, Isaac Luke etc.

Pangai is a massive guy and basically went into contact in a shoulder charge motion - Radley is not a big forward. Pangai wasn't even concussed - it is a ridiculous suspension.

Radley is not a big forward ... hmmm how many times in the late 80s and through the 90s did we see some small blonde kid in a maroon and white jumper putting huge forwards like Glenn Lazarus and Paul Harragon on their backsides with jarring waist high tackles?

Hit them right and size doesn't mean squat.

Last edited:
hmmm how many times in the late 80s and through the 90s did we see some small blonde kid in a maroon and white jumper putting huge forwards like Glenn Lazarus and Paul Harragon on their backsides with jarring waist high tackles?

Glenn Ryan? Nah, early/mid 80's.

Radley is not a big forward ... hmmm how many times in the late 80s and through the 90s did we see some small blonde kid in a maroon and white jumper putting huge forwards like Glenn Lazarus and Paul Harragon on their backsides with jarring waist high tackles?

Problem is those shots ain’t rewarded in fact the opposite. Great tackles around The legs result in the quick play the balls. I like this concept I just don’t like how it’s been brought in without considering the bigger picture. Also radleys argument about copping an elbow or hip is bs. Legs, waist, stomach, chest are all legal areas to hit and Radley can hit them as hard as he wants. Again it’s usually poor technique with low tackling that leads to being knocked out. Watch boyd cordner has awful technique

True, the small blonde kid was one of my favourites and one of if not the tuffest little bugger who ever played the game.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12