Boo Radley gets 5 weeks after Bin night.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I usually don't mind Graham, but his argument on this was crazy, as he said all coaches, players, player managers, psycologists needed to have meetings and discussions for weeks prior to the clamp down on high shots, and as you said Kenty was right, he just said lower the target area a little
Same here re Graham. Usually makes good points but this was ridiculous. Kent completely rebutted him on it. Then both ikin and Marshall tried to team up a bit. I’m with Kent these guys are paid professionals and there is no excuse for 4 high shots in the one game. I do agree it will take time to adjust a bit and the nrl needs to immediately explore ways to reward legs tackles. As an aside I’m not a fan of Marshall at all. Says stuff all most of the time compared to Graham and look how defensive he got re Kent querying Souths form. He then pokes the us vs you point at Kent re players and media. Hello benji you are media too buddy and you put your opinions on other clubs out there. Just didn’t like the Souths backlash.

Mind you Jake still cute guys in half with great form, keppie too
Yes they do.....
And all game, all you hear from the ref is Jaaaake, Jaaaaaakkkkkeeee.....6 again, penalty.

It's so simple...
Reward low tackling, by allowing the defender to get to marker, and the coaches will quickly train the playing group to change their technique.

But it must be done in the off season, not randomly in round 10.

The key is that the NRL reward low tackles. That will take the game back to it's roots rather than it being World Championship Wrestling. There will still be concussions but it will usually be the tackler with his head in the wrong place or a collision of heads between tacklers.

I usually don't mind Graham, but his argument on this was crazy, as he said all coaches, players, player managers, psycologists needed to have meetings and discussions for weeks prior to the clamp down on high shots, and as you said Kenty was right, he just said lower the target area a little

Why not a royal commission ... fair dinkum Graham .. it is a 2 sentence lecture ..

!st Sentence .. OK, the NRL is determined to rid the game of head shots, from next weekend any contact with the noggin will be penalised.

2nd Sentence .. Those penalties will be graded live by the bunker and the results will range from a simple penalty and put on report, to a 10 min sin bin and report, up to a send off for the most severe ..

Thank you for coming, replace your chairs on the way out.

1621986335268.png

Radley:
"Just because they decide to change the rules midway through the season, doesn't mean I have to change my tackling style."

- I guess the Judiciary will see a bit more of him in the near (6 weeks) future.

Crichton:
"In the end I'm the one who has to be accountable for my actions, it's disappointing to miss games and let my teammates down."

- The coach may be happier to hear this response.
Radley is only speaking what many other people think. He elaborated that going low on Pangai would likely have resulted in him being knocked out by knees or elbows, which I thought was particularly revealing.

In isolation I agree with you Wedgetail, but like Jim Coman's when he handed down 16 week suspensions to rid the game of thuggery .. if we don't hit the brain explosion tackles hard now, nothing will change ... one or two weeks won't do it ..
But it wasn't a brain explosion tackle according to Gus, Joey, Isaac Luke etc.

Pangai is a massive guy and basically went into contact in a shoulder charge motion - Radley is not a big forward. Pangai wasn't even concussed - it is a ridiculous suspension.

That was indeed the strangest game of League I think I’ve ever watched!

Broncos crowing about the win but really all the sends offs had a massive impact on the game.

Radley deserved the 5 weeks just for stupidity.

I don't like the over zealous nature of the crackdown but it is what it is, no one would argue head shots should be stamped out of the game.
Every player knew, every coach after magic round would have been reinforcing the message all week and he goes out and not once or twice but 4 times hits an opponent in the head. I fully expected him to be sent the 2nd time let alone 3rd.
Any less than 5 weeks suspension would have been crazy.

Forget about incidental, accidental or whatever other contributing reasons, they all knew what was happenin, lower your aim buddy at least till things settle down and some balance is restored your simply not going to win when you hit the head.

Radley deserved the 5 weeks just for stupidity.

I don't like the over zealous nature of the crackdown but it is what it is, no one would argue head shots should be stamped out of the game.
Every player knew, every coach after magic round would have been reinforcing the message all week and he goes out and not once or twice but 4 times hits an opponent in the head. I fully expected him to be sent the 2nd time let alone 3rd.
Any less than 5 weeks suspension would have been crazy.

Forget about incidental, accidental or whatever other contributing reasons, they all knew what was happenin, lower your aim buddy at least till things settle down and some balance is restored your simply not going to win when you hit the head.

Exactly .. it's like arguing that speeding during double demerit points school holidays isn't worth the double demerit ... doesn't matter if you are right ... that's the rules ..

Gus is a dinosaur. Watched some of the first half of 1976 GF the other day, a coat hanger left a player motionless on the ground, no penalty play on. A spear tackle praised by the commentator as a good hit! No penalty. (And not a sensationalist commentator, sounded like a staid ABC caller.)
Point being, standards of what’s acceptable change over time, and generally because or pressure of one sort or another.

But it wasn't a brain explosion tackle according to Gus, Joey, Isaac Luke etc.

Pangai is a massive guy and basically went into contact in a shoulder charge motion - Radley is not a big forward. Pangai wasn't even concussed - it is a ridiculous suspension.
Respectfully Kev I cannot agree here and I’m not sure if referencing those 3 commentators adds weight to the argument (issac Luke??? what from his Twitter feed).

I don’t discount TPJ is a big guy but the nrls full of big guys every team has them.doesn’t mean you can’t execute better technique. He only needs to aim 6 inches lower or up under the ball and he can still cut him down. Radley lost the plot sat night after TPJ owned him and Tge Easts pack and his emotional response was hitting everyone high. Suck up the 5 weeks I say. Also it wasn’t like his coach jumped to his defence. He knew he’d stuffed up.

Exactly .. it's like arguing that speeding during double demerit points school holidays isn't worth the double demerit ... doesn't matter if you are right ... that's the rules ..
This what amazes me, ok sure if it was one accidental hit fair enough he could be considered hard done by, but 4 in what a 50 minute period, cmon.
It was like he spat the dummy threw his toys out and thought bugger it, I'm going to do it anyway....

With your speeding anology how far would you get speeding through school zones four times in the one day infront of the same cop?

Gus is a dinosaur. Watched some of the first half of 1976 GF the other day, a coat hanger left a player motionless on the ground, no penalty play on. A spear tackle praised by the commentator as a good hit! No penalty. (And not a sensationalist commentator, sounded like a staid ABC caller.)
Point being, standards of what’s acceptable change over time, and generally because or pressure of one sort or another.

I remember when they first brought in a prescribed limit of alcohol and DUI laws ... bloody hell, 0.08 that's only a couple of beers, I normally have a dozen schooies, it's a joke! ... what, bloody random breath tests, the democracy and freedom our fathers fought in the war for are gone! ... mandatory seat belts, are they kidding, it's my life I'll do what I want ... safety capsules for children, bugger me my kid likes to sit on my lap and steer !

I remember when they first brought in a prescribed limit of alcohol and DUI laws ... bloody hell, 0.08 that's only a couple of beers, I normally have a dozen schooies, it's a joke! ... what, bloody random breath tests, the democracy and freedom our fathers fought in the war for are gone! ... mandatory seat belts, are they kidding, it's my life I'll do what I want ... safety capsules for children, bugger me my kid likes to sit on my lap and steer !

As long as you wear a mask.

Former rugby league hard man Ian Roberts believes the NRL needs to punish players like never before if it is serious about stopping head knocks.

Roberts - who was concussed countless times in a long and distinguished career in the 1980s and '90s - is an expert on the subject.

Medical reports have revealed that Roberts, now 55, has scarring on the brain as a consequence of his many battles in the front row.

And he says the NRL's clampdown - although criticised by some as over the top - is not strong enough and not the answer.

"You've got to fine these blokes like they have never been fined before," the former Souths, Manly, Cowboys and Kangaroos prop told Wide World of Sports.

"Instead of the old six weeks for head high shots, fine them say $100,000. They won't do it a second time."

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10