Blacktown v NZW live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thanks for the updates and comments, I'm at work..

Shame that Lane is lame!!
Had big hopes for him.

Pretty dismal performance.

Lane soft defence poor ball security.

Lussick very poor.

Cullen brilliant at times, but not consistent.

Schuster is meant to be one of our fastest but not utilized properly.

Perrett had a half decent game apart from a couple of defensive lapses.

Fullback pretty ordinary.

Godinet tried hard but wasted a few opportunities.

There were a few 5-10 minute patches where they put it all together, but a pretty uninspiring and dumb game overall.

I watched the fringe forwards closely and agreed with most of the comments above.

Lane:
Very poor hands. I counted four dropped balls. Some were from poor passes but really should have got them all.
Arm grabbing poor defence
Couldn't handle a tackle on line and gave up a try
Held on too long and gave away an unnecessary penalty.
Noticed the same on TV a few weeks ago.
He is a long way off first grade.

Perrett
Multiple quality offloads - I counted three
Hard runs with good meters
Fell off one important tackle and then another right on line which were both concerns, but the rest he did very well including wrapping up ball.
Looks ready for first grade to me, but needs to work on making sure he doesn't fall off tackles.

Lussick
Looks to me like he is on the way to first grade but not there yet.
Defence still needs some work, but well on the way. Let in one one on one tackle on the line.
One silly mistake at the start of a set.
Hastings and Brown still well ahead, but seems on the way.

Kennedy
Gave away one penalty early on, but apart from that was solid.
Lots of work and solid defence.
Didn't appear to be any liability in defence which was the main thing I was looking for in the fringe forwards.

Also watched:
Cullen
Was enthusiastic, and very hard working as we've seen in first grade.
But his decision making and technical skills are bit below still.
Hastings and Brown still ahead of him based on this performance.

Attwood
Looked good to me. First time I've seen him, but seemed to run good lines and be solid. Scored a try. I'd put him before Lane.

In summary, the only players I'd be happy with in first grade right now are Perrett and Kennedy. I think Barrett has our top 17 right.

Apart from Saturday's top 17 IMO our depth is then:
Lussick
Perrett
Kennedy
Bainbridge
Parker - the only back (none stood out to me from NSW cup, although Kaveinga did the previous game).

I was hoping that 2 out of the 4 "rejects" would come good.

So far Siro and Uate have achieved that, Hastings has looked good in limited time so although disappointing its not surprising that Lane is on the other side of the coin. 3 out of 4 is still a good result.

Kid is still young and it seems to be mostly an upstairs issue

What was the story in the NYC? Tom wright scored a try with pure speed but then did a grubber from his own in goal? That can't be right?

Any info..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10