Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Has ST again done what silvertails are experts at doing.

Somehow this meeting has turned into some 'big announcement'.

I can't see anywhere on the email where it says that.

email excerpt:

I am delighted to invite you to an upcoming Member Forum to share with you an update on our Club’s plans for the future and equally importantly, to hear from you about those matters that mean most to you while also giving you the opportunity to share insights you may have to help make our Club bigger, better and stronger.

I'm not saying the meeting will be a waste of time, I'll leave that to others, but I fear some may have built this meeting up into something it hasn't been promised.

Big news may be forthcoming, but it's certainly not promised in the email invites.

Or have I missed something?

Good morning! :)

PS: It's also going to be recorded.

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are hosting an open Members forum on Wednesday October 3rd at Manly Leagues Club. Commencing at 6:30pm the forum will enable Members the chance to share their thoughts and ideas on the Club.

Please note that the forum will be recorded and subsequently available after the event for Members unable to attend. For those unable to attend they can express their thoughts below.

Which we know means someone will post it on here for the benefit of all the crap hole, ant hill sitting members of the media.... and us.

edit: I'm not sure how this relates to a 'yet another ryan team' rating but, each to their own. lol

It depends on what mood you are in re the club on how you treat this meeting

It depends on what mood you are in re the club on how you treat this meeting
Yeah I think you are right mate. Unfortunately for the club a good portion of fans have run out of patience. We were always ahead of the curve, we pulled off signings that no one thought we could, coaches would have amputated a nut to get a job at Manly. Nowadays we are completely reactive and usually make the wrong choice and end up with cast off coaching staff and players from ****tier clubs. When our own Manly DNA infused home grown star studded multi Premiership winning former staffers, are out of work living down the road and aren't allowed near the joint. Very hard to get used to as a fan that has been around for a long time.

Here is some background to set the record straight and provide more context to all members/fans;

Originally there was a Members Council set for tonight which main focus was on 2019 membership etc.

Late August Myself and @Mitch approached the club suggesting to get value out of this meeting they would have to address the issues at hand before discussing membership for next year.

We were advised that The meeting was deferred to 8/10 saying by then most of 2019 questions to the issues should be answered and there was a lot happening in the background. A members forum was also being scheduled. Members would also hear any news first.

This is all in place now, last email from Lyall to council members was quite positive and contained the following quote;

‘will also be holding an open Member’s Forum the week before on Wednesday 3 October from 6.00 p.m. at the Leagues Club at which I look forward greatly to sharing a lot of positive news about the future directions of our Club………….. and yes there is news in the pipeline.’

You can read into that what you want.

Hope that helps everyone determine what their expectations are for next Wednesday night. Again I encourage all Members to get down to the forum if you are able to.

Mitch feel free to add anything if I have missed it.
See my post on 25/9 re what might or might not be said tonight.

If you are a member try and get there tonight - this is your chance to listen and have your say instead of being a keyboard warrior!

I live 300 miles away and can't make it tonight.

Let me just say I hope it's better than Albury where we were fed lies and BS by Joe Kelly.

I hope the Penn's are there and the outcome is positive for the right reasons.

Onward and upwards.

Last edited:
Can’t disagree with your comments, we have lost a lot of ground as a club due mainly to disunity, however we were also following a very similar trajectory in 2003/2004.
Difference is that is when many stepped in to right the ship and lay the platforms for better tunes ahead.
GF 2007, Winners 2008.
Didn’t take that long really!
If all are focussed on success, anything is achievable.
Let’s hope Lyle & Scott can seize this opportunity

Yeah, regardless of the outcome of this meeting, I will be getting behind the new coach even if it is Cartwright. Im sick of being annoyed with the staff.

Is it true Frank Drebin will be giving a keynote speech on behalf of the Silvertails PPC and Salad Dodgers, followed by a live feed from the event?...........

(warning: Graphic content)

Is it true Frank Drebin will be giving a keynote speech on behalf of the Silvertails PPC and Salad Dodgers, followed by a live feed from the event?...........

(warning: Graphic content)

I don "t like the sound of that . The P P C have certain standards and i am sure have some restraint taking the P .. S S excessively .

That's gold. I love these guys. My new second favourite team. Someone should cut out the photo of the players laying concrete from wheelbarrows for new club premises back in the '60s and send it to TB.
The club house was built around 1980. But you're right about the players working on it. Plenty of tradies through the grades back then, with a plethora of helpers to get it done. And it is still standing!!!

My random and uninformed thoughts are .... I am surprised that if there was one or more important announcements that there has been no leaks .... given we have the gold medalist of leakers in a key position at the club ..... this makes me consider that (a) there are no news worthy announcements or (b) ... Our Gold Medal leaker is out of the loop .....

The club house was built around 1980. But you're right about the players working on it. Plenty of tradies through the grades back then, with a plethora of helpers to get it done. And it is still standing!!!

Just a memory ... but back in the day in the old stand there were 6 showers but only 2 worked ..... this dispite the fact that Krilich, Springall and sveral others were all plumbers .....

FF015E3E-6DC9-406C-81C6-4E4EB6EC6252.jpeg

@strone33 I hear the big announcement is Barrett and Penn have hugged it out and Trent will see it out until the end if 2020.
And that the club has finally given him basic resources and staff to work with.

Imagine Trent not having to entertain 4 roles in one at once.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8