Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How long has Ben been signed for ?
Can anyone remember the name of the site that gives updates on nrl players contracts..Dammed if I can think of it .

Kiwi Eagle said:
So a similar sort of rationale as to when Glenn Hall signed for us and he was no good because he hadn't set the world on fire for Souths, the Roosters or Dogs ?

bob dylan said:
DSM5 said:
Kiwi, the answer to your question is, because he's not that good.

And thats why we got him for Bani, they could of asked for Thurston or Matt Scott but at the end of the day Farrar for Bani was a fair swap.

Yep, couldnt agree more.

MB59 said:
Can anyone remember the name of the site that gives updates on nrl players contracts..Dammed if I can think of it .

NRL player transfers - 2012 just google it.

Lacks genuine pace for a winger, when fullback Can tackle but if its not a foward nearly any back will run around him plus hot/freeze cold under the high ball. Great utility who plays with energy but def not in my 17.
Frustrating thing is this guy runs better lines/angles than almost anyone in the nrl but just lacks the speed & strength to penetrate the defence.
As for best position no doubt is centre but its -Lyon/Matai....daylight....Farrar.
No doubt good utility value

1947 said:
MB59 said:

i just googled it and apparently it's a novel by stephen king about an evil clown. Thoughts??

And look how good Glenn Hall was for us ...

bob dylan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
So a similar sort of rationale as to when Glenn Hall signed for us and he was no good because he hadn't set the world on fire for Souths, the Roosters or Dogs ?

bob dylan said:
DSM5 said:
Kiwi, the answer to your question is, because he's not that good.

And thats why we got him for Bani, they could of asked for Thurston or Matt Scott but at the end of the day Farrar for Bani was a fair swap.

Yep, couldnt agree more.

Glenn was great for one season though!! Farrara is a great reserve, nothing else. Bottom line is if he is good then an nrl club would have snapped him up. Fits in with injuries.

Darren said:
Glenn was great for one season though!! Farrara is a great reserve, nothing else. Bottom line is if he is good then an nrl club would have snapped him up. Fits in with injuries.

I know things have been bad but have I missed the big news ?!?!?!

Are manly no longer an NRL club ??

Napper said:
1947 said:
MB59 said:

i just googled it and apparently it's a novel by stephen king about an evil clown. Thoughts??

Damn clowns.

Farrar is a great utility player, just what we need with no Hoppa and a injury prone Williams and Matai often in trouble. If people dont see that they need help. He is not a star, that is obvious but some people talk as if he outright sh!t.

Unfortunately in today's salary cap dominated NRL, the worth of any player must be discussed in terms of what his contract is.

To explain what I mean- Is William Hopoate a better player than Ben Farrar? Most would answer yes. But, if the question was:-

Is William Hopoate at $850,000 per season better for a team under the current salary cap than Ben Farrar at $125,000 per year? You would almost certainly have differing opinions.

Either way, I think Ben is a handy pick up who should prove very valuable as a utility - back up player (much like he did in 2010- remember the last minute winning try he scored against the Sharks).

MB59 said:

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/player-movements/

Kiwi Eagle said:
Darren said:

I know things have been bad but have I missed the big news ?!?!?!

Are manly no longer an NRL club ??

Neither are the Cowboys by the looks of things.

Did anyone stop to consider that his 1 year sabbatical in ESL was planned so that no other NRL club could get their hands on him ?

Can't believe that everyone rates Farrar so highly. Struggled at fullback bigtime, and is just a back up winger at best. No way he'd be ahead of Oldfield,Wolfie or even Whare.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8