Ben Farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
i think farrar is a good player, i've yet to say anything confirming hes back though if he is i'd be surpised if he didnt lock down a wing spot of yours with oldfield on the other, wolfman might be back training and i hope he is in for a good year but i'd imagine his injury will take him a little longer then round 1 to be fit.

DSM5 said:
Kiwi, the answer to your question is, because he's not that good.

And thats why we got him for Bani, they could of asked for Thurston or Matt Scott but at the end of the day Farrar for Bani was a fair swap.

I can't believe what I'm hearing on here. He played most of the second half of 2010 at full back and did a great job while Snake was out and Robbo preferred to stay on the wing.

He can catch, and indeed towards the end of the season he didn't drop one bomb. Admittedly, he didn't start his career too well in terms of catching but hard work prevailed.

He is quick with a great step. Defence is alright from what I remember. There is no reason why he can't grab a spot in the starting backline for 2012.

Short memories some of you..

The club must have faith in him. I believe he was told that due to cap restrictions, he would have to go for 12 months and then come back. Were there any other NRL clubs making offers to him at that time?

mozgrame said:
The club must have faith in him. I believe he was told that due to cap restrictions, he would have to go for 12 months and then come back. Were there any other NRL clubs making offers to him at that time?
I heard that aswell so he must of been factored in somewhere in the long term plan at Manly.

I think Farrar is a great buy (depending on the coin it cost) .. a quality player that can cover the back line ..who else do we have for that role? We know what we get and can slot straight in..a no brainer!!

Crusher_Cleal said:
Do we actually know he's signed for us? I haven't read anything inidicating this.

He has signed, seen it several places in the media. He is also noted on the nrl additions & deletions site as an addition for Manly.

mozgrame said:
Spot on 1947. And don't mention the Germans :)
hehehe ;)

NRL PLayer Transfers have him on 2012.

From memory, Ben only had to leave temporarily due to Salary Cap restrictions when we bought T-Rex. The deal was always that he would come back.

I was a fan, and hopefully he has built up a bit to cope with the large NRL forwards. He was great at backing up and scoring the tries :)

Don't forget he tackled slater, saving a close game for us in 2010, at fullback. That was an amazing play.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Do we actually know he's signed for us? I haven't read anything inidicating this.

he has been taining this week.

Liam Foran has been as well. He has been invited to train twice a week with the part timers who make the balance of the NSW cup team

He was always coming back and said so when he left, that it would be just one year away due to salary cap issues.

He'll provide the type of support we had from Hoppa earlier this year when there were injuries to Brett and Wolfman. Hoppa really stepped up so i don't expect him to be nearly as good but, he's safe and occasionally very creative. I remember a couple of great tries he scored for us, that he created.

I think he'll probably get first shot on the wing outside Matai.

I like Farrar and think he has something to offer. If you think back to 2010 he was one of our more consistently performing backs. I'd have him ahead of Oldfield that's for sure. I rate him and hope he has a good season in the NRL side.

And as far as the Bani swap is concerned, that was highway robbery and whomever at Manly pulled that off should be given a pat on the back. Michael who ??

So a similar sort of rationale as to when Glenn Hall signed for us and he was no good because he hadn't set the world on fire for Souths, the Roosters or Dogs ?

bob dylan said:
DSM5 said:
Kiwi, the answer to your question is, because he's not that good.

And thats why we got him for Bani, they could of asked for Thurston or Matt Scott but at the end of the day Farrar for Bani was a fair swap.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14