Beer and wine tax rise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How are gays being discriminated against?

Maybe laws should be made to ban all procreation?  If gays can't have kids, noone should be able to.

Outlaw heterosexual sex?  Or even forcibly remove every 10th child so that gays can be parents?

Political correctness - where does it all end??? 

I am totally against the baby bonus or paid maternity leave as I can't have any more kids and so why should something, that might improve society, be allowed to happen when I can't benefit from it???

Canteen Worker link said:
There will not be new taxes any time soon.
Alcopops is one and luxury car tax is two. I caught Swan on tv this morning and he gave a terrific performance, a huge improvement on the previous smirking prince of largesse. Budget night will be interesting.

Apparantly the baby bonus will be cut for a anyone with a combined income of more than $150k.  Jesus that sh!ts me, that is hardly a massive income if both partners are equally contributing in terms of wage as you drop one wage when the baby comes.  And generally you would think these people would not waste bonus unlike most welfare bums.

I am totally against the baby bonus or paid maternity leave as I can't have any more kids and so why should something, that might improve society, be allowed to happen when I can't benefit from it???

so you have not recieved any benefits in the past CW?

I have not recieved any baby bonuses etc in the past, but now that I am looking towards that area of things I damn well deserve it having paid for so many bogans and feral teenagers getting them from my tax dollars. (and I am ceratainly not including you in that last shot CW)

Anyone own any 44 gallon drums? If you do, you might want to go and fill them up with fuel before Wednesday this week.

Wholesale prices will rise by more than 4cpl this week, god knows what the boards will do.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=177421.msg183920#msg183920 date=1210220988]

so you have not recieved any benefits in the past CW?

I have not recieved any baby bonuses etc in the past, but now that I am looking towards that area of things I damn well deserve it having paid for so many bogans and feral teenagers getting them from my tax dollars. (and I am ceratainly not including you in that last shot CW)
[/quote]

Thats how I view things Fro, it freaking sh!ts me that I am now going to miss out on this in the next year or so.  Hopefully the paid maternity leave will be in place and we get something.

Exactly, after 20 yrs of not collecting child allowances, not collecting the dole, paying for private health insurance etc etc. I am now about to be speared again.

Typical of all Govt, regardless of what side of politics they are on, shaft the silent middle class and pay for their stupid schemes elsewhere, the only difference is Labor props up the bogans and low class scum in society, and Libs pander to the top end of town.

Krudd, 150k is not rich FFS, they are just the ones who are the easy targets for your "reforms".

Fuggit I might just move to Burma :)

$150k would be ok if it was based on 1 income, for the man who was staying in employment but for both wages it is ridiculous.  If both are earning $75k how does earning $75k and having to support a wife and child in a place like Sydney class you as rich?

Garts even out here it wouldnt go far, so I would hate to think of how people survive in Syd. I know that they do, but it is a struggle.

How are gays being discriminated against?

Maybe laws should be made to ban all procreation?  If gays can't have kids, noone should be able to.

Outlaw heterosexual sex?  Or even forcibly remove every 10th child so that gays can be parents?

Political correctness - where does it all end??? 

Quite simple really, they will never have children yet they have to pay $6 a week for something they can never take advantage of. It isn't discrimination but it is hardly fair

Who above the age of 5 ever thought life was fair Dan???

It never is and it never will be, as much as we would like it to be so.

Fro link said:
Who above the age of 5 ever thought life was fair Dan???

It never is and it never will be, as much as we would like it to be so.

Didn't say life should be fair. What I am saying though is that a system that is there to pay for something should be that which all involved in the payment will foreseeably use.

Why not have an opt-out system, and if you opt-out you never get to use or take advantage of it?

Bacause then you would have a great number of users of the bonus, eg teenage mothers, dole bludgers etc, unable or unwilling to contribute, thereby leaving the burden on all those who Can contribute to it.

Wouldn't it be a better system NOT to have it at all, those that chose to have kids can pay their own way, those that can't or don't, will not be forced to perpetuate the ongoing welfare state that is forced by this handout.

And I am not saying scrap welfare.

I dont like wars, so I refuse to pay taxes for defence. 

I plan on dying young, so I refuse to pay taxes for pensions. 

I've finished my education, so I dont want to pay taxes for that anymore. 

It just doesn't work like that-things are done to help the whole country, and that benefits everyone in the long run. 

For those of you who dont want to pay because you won't "use" it by having kids in the near future, I'm sure when you are old you won't then accept government funds that come from the generation that is born during this policy, or the taxes coming from women who are able to keep their jobs while having kids. 

Fro Agreed about the not having it at all. It was there to change our ageing population which has started to be stemmed now

clontaago link said:
Anyone own any 44 gallon drums? If you do, you might want to go and fill them up with fuel before Wednesday this week.

Wholesale prices will rise by more than 4cpl this week, god knows what the boards will do.

Yeah oil is like $125 a barrel or something. 

Check out the pic, oil is now 6 times more expensive than in 1996.  Also basically tripled in price since we invaded Iraq for oil...gee that one worked well. 

Been listening to talk back radio lately and it's amazing how many people that have woken up to that "working families" garbage. It's amazing how SLOW people are ;)

byso link said:
Been listening to talk back radio lately and it's amazing how many people that have woken up to that \"working families\" garbage. It's amazing how SLOW people are ;)
If you listen to morons like Alan Jones and Ray Hadley of course you are going to hear that sort of moronic talk. Their audience is mostly over 60 and right of Genghis Khan. Balanced commentators and voters are waiting to see - though of course on ideological grounds you will not accept the discount for Childcare or the tax cuts I am sure!!!

Boring budget for me - sound, responsible but boring!!!

I can not believe these farking idiots think a family income of $150k is alot of money, generally when you have a baby someone stops working!!!!  Good to see the baby bonus and family tax benefit will still be going to the bums who pop out kids just to get the bloody thing, they should have looked at giving it to people who have contributed taxes over the years instead of the bums that get the dole then open their legs for another annual bonus.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8