Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Should include boxing as part of the training routine so players can let off steam and sort out any differences in the ring.

I wonder who the other 3 blokes were that he got into a scrap with.
$1.15 would be the odds of Croker being one of them

Jake T is definitely one of them.

When Hastings scored against Souths, Jake was the first player there, but he did not look at Hastings and brushed him with his shoulder. DCE gave him a hug.

Jake was probably protecting Turbo from a Hastings spray.

If Jacko got into a fist fight with AFB and Kapow the next team he would be playing for would be Ward 2B Royal North Shore :p

And we finally would be looking at our first NRL sanctioned medical retirement.

Although, because we are Manly, Greenberg would probably say the rule doesn't apply where a player has the **** beaten out of him by his teammates.

He's always making up dumb exceptions to rules for us.

If you’ve ever worked in an environment where you deal with people who have a narcissistic personality disorder you’d realise it can’t be fixed by a clip around the ear. I’m not suggesting this is Jackson Hasting’s problem but it sounds very similar.

you would think ,there would be someone tough enough in the team to put one on his chin and tell him to wake up......apparently not.!!! :lipssealed:

This story is such a black eye for our club, to have players fighting is so bloody pointless!!! Where in the hell is the leadership in our club? Why are the coaching staff not dealing with this crap? The last thing we need is dirty laundry like this, come on Manly, its time to act like a team and be professional!!!

If the playing group are refusing to play with him (as reported today) it could mean they don't want his toxic nature at the club.

Rather than let it continue, they are saying they want him out. That to me, shows the playing group get along and don't want disharmony.

This is 3 clubs now where hastings has rumored to have a personality clash.

Last edited:
This story is such a black eye for our club, to have players fighting is so bloody pointless!!! Where in the hell is the leadership in our club? Why are the coaching staff not dealing with this crap? The last thing we need is dirty laundry like this, come on Manly, its time to act like a team and be professional!!!
Agree, I'm really questioning whether I really want to be a member next year. This team never seems to stop dishing up crap year in year out. Does anyone really want to put up with this. If it's not the players it's the coach or the board or the owners.... Or did I mention the salary cap ****e. Please can they just behave like professionals and play and train at the level that reflects their salaries.

I am also disappointed and I am finding it hard to believe all this attitude talk.

We see Hastings a lot after he has played -he always comes over to us for a chat even at away/interstate games we always have a joke. He always seems to be trying.
Personally I am still shocked by all this, but just realised I owe an apology to @Snake who tipped us off a while back. At the time I found it too far-fetched to believe, so the only sane explanation I could come up with was that Snake had his wires crossed. So, sorry about that!

If you’ve ever worked in an environment where you deal with people who have a narcissistic personality disorder you’d realise it can’t be fixed by a clip around the ear. I’m not suggesting this is Jackson Hasting’s problem but it sounds very similar.
I have had experience with a person with a NPD and you are so correct. They can at times be absolutely charming but other times toxic and impossible to deal with.
If in fact Jacko has a PD he will likely blame everyone else and accept no responsibility for the current situation.

I read in one report Manly had offered him counselling.

I don't think Trent, DCE and the other players should be blamed for this situation. They would all want to win games as much as we want them to. Jacko is a very talented player . I am sure they would not have taken such drastic measures to get rid of him if the situation could have been repaired.

Jake T is definitely one of them.

When Hastings scored against Souths, Jake was the first player there, but he did not look at Hastings and brushed him with his shoulder. DCE gave him a hug.

Jake was probably protecting Turbo from a Hastings spray.
Here is highlights of Hastings try . No drama that I can see

Here is highlights of Hastings try . No drama that I can see

Have a look at the reply of nrl360. It shows different camera angle and the point where Jake gets to Hastings first. It is obvious, that is why 360 put it on.

Paul Kent said that tonight on 360. He said Jacko said back in 2016 he was going to be the next Connor McGregor.

“I remember talking to guys at the Roosters,” Kent said.

“He was in front of the mirror one day at the Roosters and he was flexing in his little green Speedos and he had his green mouthguard in and he announced to the dressing room he was going to be the next Conor McGregor.

“Now this is at the start of 2016 when the Roosters were 1-6 at the time.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10