Barrett under pressure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will baz get the sack if we miss the finals

• Yes

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 67.7%

• Total voters

Holmsey

Bencher
Barrett is under enormous pressure now, his win loss record is sitting almost below 40% which isnt good enough for a first grade coach. He seems to struggle keeping the players up week in week out also, consistentcy is something we havent seen from in his time as coach of our side. So if we miss the finals does he get the sack? For me its a yes, you want to improve every year and we haven't. We just keep going backwards. He also doesnt make the tough calls likw the one we can all see right now, Hastings has to start in the halves.

Who could replace if he leaves?
Hasler? Does he make a return?

Like I say, I love the bloke, and think he has all the skills to be a good coach, but these massive losing periods he has (while telling everyone how hard we work, and how proud he is of "the boys") just is a real concern. One win in his last 7 starts (admittedly including meaningless trials) is yet another worry.

We just don't win games consistently.

The team is very patchy.

I agree @Turbo1 , Trent's wins and losses as a number looks really poor. BUT, he was given a bum steer that first year. I really hope we don't get a spoon this season, but the way The Rabbits dismantled us last night, especially with absolutele no names in their halves was an extreme worry.

There aren't anymore excuses this season. The team is saying all the right things. Taupau saying we WILL win the Premiership. DCE saying there is something special brewing.

Well, as Jerry Maguire says, "SHOW ME THE MONEEEEEY". Talk is cheap, and win some ****ing games here. I'm tired is watching my team lose, lose, lose. That, on top of all the off field bull**** is really starting to affect my footballing experience.

Last edited:
He's here until the end of 2020 and won't be going anywhere . He didnt send them out there to play like pussys , the players did that . Where was our enforcer Marty when Burgess was running amok . Apart from Jake and Hastings the rest were fuhking terrible . If there attitude wasn't there you cant blame the coach , the players need to be held accountable.

He's here until the end of 2020 and won't be going anywhere . He didnt send them out there to play like pussys , the players did that . Where was our enforcer Marty when Burgess was running amok . Apart from Jake and Hastings the rest were fuhking terrible . If there attitude wasn't there you cant blame the coach , the players need to be held accountable.
Contracts don't mean anything, especially coaches.

I think everyone is overreacting. We were all creaming our jeans after last week's win and were high fiving TBaz for his starting line up and new bench.. The same players were utilised but they didn't perform, made stupid errors and couldn't find the resolve to lift. The leadership on the field was lacking. It's not TBaz fault..Not making excuses but salary cap hasn't made things easier for him and he's been persevering with that external pressure as well. Tell me one coach in the NRL who is facing that challenge also.?

@Turbo1 @Ryan

This, not the coach!

FMD a week after we all heralded Baz for finally naming a team the same as ST posters would and a 54 - 0 biggest ever flogging of our long term rivals we have yet another sack Barrett thread.

Fickle a fark some people

It’s amusing really, I get the needing to vent thing but FMD go back to what you ( not you personally mate, you as in the collective) all wrote last week.

Top 2
Best coach in the game
Let’s not have a Survivor
Hard to pick a MVP all deserve to win.

Blah blah blah

AND NOW

#sackbarrett

Blah blah blah

Remember this everyone

Some days are diamonds!

And some days are stone!

Last edited:
If there attitude wasn't there you cant blame the coach
In a sense you can here. I think this is the second time they've suffered from the How Great Am I syndrome.
It happened after we beat Penrith in the final competition round of last year. It was clear when our team ran out for the final against that same team that they thought they only had to show up and they had it in the bag. As we all know, that attitude had their pants pulled down.
Ok. Rookie mistake from a rookie finals coach.
But did the coach learn from that?
54-0 last week and Tapau boasting of us winning a premiership and DCE talking origin.
The signs were there. Arrogance.
The dreaded Storm are always confident in their own ability but never arrogant enough to think that they only have to run onto the field and the game is theirs.
That's Bellamy.
We have Barrett and he doesn't appear to be learning.

A bad loss and all gloom . We are in round 3 and honestly the souths game had danger all over it . I was confident like you have no idea, but i was a little nervous . Apart from the once were warriors, what team is really consistent this early . They will get hammered themselves shortly and be known as march premiers. On hasler he would not get anymore out of this team then Barrett.

In a sense you can here. I think this is the second time they've suffered from the How Great Am I syndrome.
It happened after we beat Penrith in the final competition round of last year. It was clear when our team ran out for the final against that same team that they thought they only had to show up and they had it in the bag. As we all know, that attitude had their pants pulled down.
Ok. Rookie mistake from a rookie finals coach.
But did the coach learn from that?
54-0 last week and Tapau boasting of us winning a premiership and DCE talking origin.
The signs were there. Arrogance.
The dreaded Storm are always confident in their own ability but never arrogant enough to think that they only have to run onto the field and the game is theirs.
That's Bellamy.
We have Barrett and he doesn't appear to be learning.
Fair enough but we were flat from the first tackle . Its hard for any team to get up week in week out these days . Yes Melbourne did it last year , but no cronk will bring them back as the season unwinds and was proved last week when they had everything to play for and got rolled by the tiges.

It’s amusing really, I get the needing to vent thing but FMD go back to what you ( not you personally mate, you as in the collective) all wrote last week.

Top 2
Best coach in the game
Let’s not have a Survivor
Hard to pick a MVP all deserve to win.

Blah blah blah

AND NOW

#sackbarrett

Blah blah blah

Remember this everyone

Some days are diamonds!

And some days are stone!

And some days are just a big hot steaming pile of poo!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8