1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At this time of year, to the Eagles that need it

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I ask that all of us spend some time thinking of our fellow eagle mates at this time of year, or acquaintances, we have the are you ok days but let's make it a normal thing, reach out to someone you know and ask them how they are doing.

This year has been tough for the community we share, us eagles have lost valued friends and family and they have left a gap that will never be filled.

I won't name names, but guys I call frienda and men that have all had an impact on my life have been doing it tough over the past few weeks, months and coming times.
    I am almost 20,000kms away but my mind is with those friends as they tred the coming days, I'll offer all I can and give all I can and wish them the best, I'll be here to catch them if I can.

With all that said us eagles, us crazy, fanatic eagles, let's band together and help those that we can and be the best we can.

To those in-named but known to themselves when they read this, I'm here for you and I'll reach out to you and I hope you find some happiness this Christmas, just cry out of you need us.

Dan

• Like Like x 30
  2. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Thanks Dan.
    Merry Christmas everyone. I know this time of year can be tough on some. Especially if you have lost a loved one.
    May God Bless you all over this festive season.

• Like Like x 6
  3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,403 / 130
    I hear you Dan.

I have a friend who I fully expect not to make through xmas at some point.

He is basically a "non drinker" who obliterates himself with alcohol on xmas eve every year with the intention of waking up Boxing Day. It scares the **** out of me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Well said Dan. Christmas is a time for giving
    Merry Christmas every one

• Like Like x 4
  5. marga

marga Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Emerald Qld
    Ratings:
    +443 / 1
    That was nicely said Dan.
    Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.
    Take care and keep safe everyone. :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    Merry Christmas Dan and a happy and safe new year to you too mate,and your family,and the same for all my fellow Silvertails family,in the immortal words of Jeff Fenech,I love ya,s all,cheers and take care

• Like Like x 4
  7. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
    Very timely post Dan, it's sometimes hard to remember that there are always people who are worse off than you be it health, family or financially.

Be safe everyone and have a very Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 2
  8. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Cheers Dan. There's been a few crazy things happening in Australia and around the globe. Such a shame that many suffer while others celebrate.

Merry Christmas Silvertails. Hug your people.

• Like Like x 7
  9. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Nice :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bulli Eagle

Bulli Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    the funny thing is it doesnt have to be this time of year. every day can be a struggle for some people. dont forget to reach out n talk to someone peeps

• Like Like x 6
  11. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    Hope everone enjoys a merry xmas and a happy & healthy new year.

cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
    And so this is Christmas...... I've had some real tuff times this year, relationship ups and downs, lost family, disconnected with some other family and diagnosed with mild anxiety. Through all of this the best thing I can say is just find the balls to talk to someone. A stranger, a friend, a professional, just talk.

Manly To Win In 2015!

• Like Like x 6
  13. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    ^And keep laughing Mate!! A sense of humour, even if you're the only one laughing, is a great weapon!

I wish all and everyone a fantastic Christmas and an even better New Year! Eat plenty. Drink just enough. Laugh as often as possible.

May you all get more sex and fewer unexpected pregnancies than the Virgin Mary!! :D

• Like Like x 4
  14. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,081 / 27
    Best thread of the year.

I don't know Dan personally, but a post like that says a lot about his moral fibre.

I think it's vital that we spare a thought for those who, for whatever reason, find this time of year particularly tough. They're missing a loved one. They might feel the strain that Christmas puts on the finances. They see so many surrounded by so much love from families and they feel even more alone.

As Dan says, you will always find someone here to talk to.

Merry Christmas to all. May we all count our blessings and keep those less fortunate in mind.

• Like Like x 3
  15. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,629 / 113
    Thumbs up Dan. Moz - I am a bit worried for your state of mind - drink just enough WTF. Loved ur last verse that followed Lol classic.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Speaking of pregnancies, my wife is being induced tomorrow..... #2 shall be joining us

• Like Like x 8
  17. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,788 / 58
    Awesome! Best of luck to you both!

Maybe you should wait until Christmas day...just in case...you know...it's the second coming and all?!?!?!?

• Like Like x 2
  18. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 10
    Congratulations, Dan! Hope all goes well.
    My wife had our 1st, a girl on the 23rd.
    An Eaglet in the aerie. We should start feeding her shredded Eel.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Slide

Slide Active Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 2
    Congrats Dan & Mrs Dan. Our second arrived on the 25th. I wanted to name him Jesus but was outvoted. The voting was 1-all but somehow I was outvoted...still trying to add that one up...

Happy Christmas to all Silvertails. Go and make someone's day.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    I have never, ever drank too much. I always drink just enough. ;) I use the Dean Martin method - If you can lie down on the floor without holding on, you're not drunk. Worked out fine for Deano!

Congratulations Dan and Mrs Dan!!