ARKO SPEAKS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In this day and age of video calls etc
Why not employ Arko as assistant to Joe Kelly and recruiting & negotiating team
ARKO just stays at home and works from there
Really? if Joe Kelly and the recruiting and negotiating team need help god help us. I love arko and respect what he not only did for our club but for the game in general but the modern day player wouldn't even know his name or respect what he did for them.

Last edited:
Great stuff Arko, keep Arcing up we need good heads around the club. Unfortunately the tin man couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag so I don't hold much hope for us keeping them. If the board want to keep disagreements in-house they should get rid of Zorba, he's a cancer to the club who rates himself far too highly.
By tin man are you referring to Kelly?

What happened to Scott Penn working 24/7 to sign them both? Has he fallen asleep?

The club needs to have Arko and Fulton talk to them both and Penn should hire Arko as a consultant

The best news from this article was the willingness of Penn to sit down with three Manly legends ie. Bozo, Arko and Beaver to seek their advice. The next step would be to set up a meeting for them to meet with players to discuss the benefits of staying at Manly. I am sure they would both have huge respect for all three of them.
A few extra dollars might be tempting in the short term but would they rather in 30 years have the memories of being considered the greatest club halves pairing of all time, life members and a few more Premiership rings. Reallistically I don't think either player is going to be short of a dollar in the future wherever they play for the next 6-8 years.

By tin man are you referring to Kelly?

What happened to Scott Penn working 24/7 to sign them both? Has he fallen asleep?

The club needs to have Arko and Fulton talk to them both and Penn should hire Arko as a consultant
Yes I refer to Kelly as the tin man. It's a reference to what I feel is a Ned Kelly like approach and the tin man from the Wizard of Oz because he has no heart.
I've heard, Scott Penn has a big agenda for the club but he doesn't want to pay for it, he's trying to have investors do it. Nothing wrong with that but he's going to have to prop the club up for at least 5 years before anything can happen. They may get a loan from the NRL but that won't last long. To sign the 2 halves I think they need brown paper bags, this is the way I believe other clubs do it but it's not in keeping with the NRL rules. It's really quite a farce, I believe the NRL know it happens but don't know how to deal with it other than to make people sign affidavits to say it's not happening. I've heard club officials sign them like taking Panadol, one gulp and it's forgotten about.
Great idea about Arko consulting, the great man is getting old but may still have a part to play for his beloved club.

Neither is worth a million a season. Imagine the fun Thurston or Cronk would have with our back line.
Look how good Pearce played once the chooks got some good players around him, and nobody would think he's worth anything close to a million.
I'd love to keep both but seriously, the money being talked about is stupid.

Let me guess the Penns have no money so they might have to move the club to say... the central coast?

Neither is worth a million a season. Imagine the fun Thurston or Cronk would have with our back line.
Look how good Pearce played once the chooks got some good players around him, and nobody would think he's worth anything close to a million.
I'd love to keep both but seriously, the money being talked about is stupid.
Agreed but perception is 9 10ths of the law, there's a frenzy around them bigger than a red light sale at Myer and it will bump up the price.

Let me guess the Penns have no money so they might have to move the club to say... the central coast?
I believe the Penns genuinely want to keep the team at Brookvale, god bless em, despite the NRL who have a plan for 3 venues only in Sydney. The Penns had grandiose plans for Brookie and if they can pull it off they will save the Sea Eagles to the beaches. I'm concerned about what happens if they can't so I wish them all the best because we all deserve to have our team preserved. The NRL don't care about us, they'd be happy to move the team so we're really in the Penn's hands. They have a lot invested in us already but they're not keen to keep propping us up but we have to get to the end of the dream and that will cost money, especially the way the tin man is running the show.

Why didn't the Penns just sell out with Qantum to Kaspersky as they surely would have a heap of money to spalsh around.

Harry is probably well versed in the way of brown paper bags to get deals done

I'm sure the Penns will do what they can, but getting the Council to act seems impossible, and an upgrade will need their support. As stated, the NRL doesn't want us to stay at Brookie. In my humble opinion the State Government needs to act. It is a disgrace that there is not one reasonable stadium on the north side of Sydney - home to almost 2 million people. There needs to be a new stadium built somewhere on the northside, where RL, rugby, soccer and entertainment can be staged. It's northside voters who have put the Liberals into power in NSW. But if this current government doesn't act - when the most powerful State and Federal politicians are locals - then I can't see it ever happening.

Why didn't the Penns just sell out with Qantum to Kaspersky as they surely would have a heap of money to spalsh around.
This 100% correct why buy someone out and than (if it's true) hit up the nrl for a loan? It doesn't make sense and if I was a player I would be confused about what's going on.

But if this current government doesn't act - when the most powerful State and Federal politicians are locals - then I can't see it ever happening.
I think Tony has bigger worry's at the moment than brookie like keeping his job

Local stadia strategies are off the agenda for local and federal govt as they're on the nose with voters. The brookie council just want to bulldose it and will be happy to have it off their hands if it can happen. The NRL have their game plan and access to transport is a big part of that. No one want to travel to the beaches and the beaches don't want to travel so they have to address that to make their plan work but it's fixed with them. If it can be done without them that's okay but don't expect help from them. Kaspersky aren't doing anything they're not committed to for the Sea Eagles. Their sponsorship ends at the end of this year and I've heard they're already talking to Souths for 2016.

I meant we don't have the money until and if we are told that 1 both or neither are leaving. It sounds great in theory we make massive offer 2 player A player A accepts than we don't have the funds to re sign the halves. I love Arko but with due respect he had it easier NO salary cap and we had a lot of money when he was running our club. It doesn't fill me with confidence that the owner had to contact an 85 year old 2 ask about these problems. Truth be told Penn and Kelly both seem like nice guy's but so far have delivered nothing on the re signings.

We do have the money. Whilst ever we have a fluid situation within existing contracts we can play the game. There is a significant difference between contract negotiations with player managers and an acceptance of an contract offer.

My point is that nothing stops our club discussing the scope of an offer with players managers and in doing so create pressure on the incumbent club of that player. That is what is happening to Manly at the moment and Mark from Brisbane says it well when he says "fight fire with fire"

Arko knows. MFB knows and I know. Go hard Manly and if anything complicates our player retention plans then there will be a price to pay by other clubs.

I'm sure the Penns will do what they can, but getting the Council to act seems impossible, and an upgrade will need their support. As stated, the NRL doesn't want us to stay at Brookie. In my humble opinion the State Government needs to act. It is a disgrace that there is not one reasonable stadium on the north side of Sydney - home to almost 2 million people. There needs to be a new stadium built somewhere on the northside, where RL, rugby, soccer and entertainment can be staged. It's northside voters who have put the Liberals into power in NSW. But if this current government doesn't act - when the most powerful State and Federal politicians are locals - then I can't see it ever happening.
I think we are a bit late to ask Tony to help as he will be gonski very soon

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7