Are Manly on track to Win the Premiership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Sloppy 1st half
Some flat attack
Great 2nd half other top 4 sides would struggle to replicate
EVERY Premiership winning team finds a way to win when not 100%
When the game was on the line, kicked on and changed gears - as Champions do.... personally happy enough leading up to Storm next week- what's the thoughts??

Let’s just remember this is the team that was coming second last. Manly will need to play better than we have the last 3 weeks if we are even going to go close. If we play our best footy then with Tommy in the team anything is possible

It was clear they were coasting in 3rd gear last 2 weeks so that they about injuries and suspensions. Against the Storm next week it will be a different attitude and all guns blazing. We get 2 bites at the cherry and win next week we get a week off. I give us every chance of beating the Storm and with full strength and I am in the Storm camp I’d be ****ting my pants.

I think when evaluating this you have to look at how they play at their best, and their health.

The were scinitillating at their best tonight and are full strength. So definitely yes.

Remember, the 2016 winning team lost the last 5 games once they sealed top 4, and Melbourne had a formline like that one year too and still won the comp. It's just hard to stay up for 80 minutes when finals are looming, and you could see that in some of efforts from Schuster, and Ola at times.

Wipe the slate clean and let's roll!

NYEagle

Manly need to look at the last two games as... Canterbury and Cowboys were terrible and Manly were slighly less terrible. Storm won't be terrible.

The issue is a significant number of inexperienced young players, who might need another season or two under their belts, before Manly is a genuine contender.

I hope I am wrong, but we will find out either way in the next few weeks.

It’s hard to get up playing last and second last irrespective of what’s on the line (in this case 4th spot). A lot was self preservation from what I saw in both games and the difference between that and top gear was miles apar.

Let’s not forgot Dessie’s finals preparation, his teams are always on point and I expect nothing different this time. Considering we play our arch nemesis, I expect a cracker of a game with a Manly win!

They need to be at there best ,For me the team has got too many errors in them
That can change though , They need to complete and compete and anything can happen , But just can’t make the simple errors they have been doing in recent times

Tough to say. We need a performance like the 1st eels game.
Most of our other victories are razzel dazzle touch footy.
The dazzel is good when It sticks thou.

Shouldn’t be thinking any other way, I guess we’ll find out properly next weekend.
I can’t see why we can’t beat them.

When we are "on" we can beat anyone. And I mean ANYONE. We do have flat periods though. Skill, quality, ability wise, we can win next week, and the premiership. But we have to be switched on, and to a player, intense, intense, intense.

Sloppy 1st half
Some flat attack
Great 2nd half other top 4 sides would struggle to replicate
EVERY Premiership winning team finds a way to win when not 100%
When the game was on the line, kicked on and changed gears - as Champions do.... personally happy enough leading up to Storm next week- what's the thoughts??
After watching the last 10min of this Cowboys game, all I can say is that I hope they realise that they are capable of winning the premiership and go into the finals with confidence and a level head. Def possible

My thoughts are that the Storm would have put 24 on us in the first half and I’m not sure we’d recover.

Don’t know how but they have to fix this complacency they seem to have in the first half of most games.
Too right. Mel have good attacking players too. We still make too many errors. Our set completions needs to be on the mark. Penrith and south’s are another two teams that can put on points . It’s going to be an interesting finals.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8